It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

You should read further down in the WIKI and follow the links in section on criticisms and read that section, it is also very informative if you follow the links from the footnotes in that section.

I will maintain that these photos and or video that the Obama Administration contains no child rape by US soldiers because as I have stated many times already in this thread the US Army will prosocute such an individual and he will face the death penalty, and history has proven this to be true.

Your post and your source claim that children were raped in Abu Ghraib. You and your source offer nothing but unsubstantiated claims and anonymous sources.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
We torture

We murder

We commit genocide

Now we rape little boys

I ask, why do we rape little boys? Why not rape the women? I know from expieriance that a male soldier gets a little horned up after being in the sandbox for a certain period of time. But I really doubt that they could become raping, pedophile homosexuals when ordered.

We are trained to follow orders without hesitation, but this is kind of pushing it.

Hate him or love him, but Orielly said that Obama not releasing the photos would cause this type of reaction. Now that he has flip flopped his decision about the photos, it gets peoples mind thinking the worst.

Obama didn't release the photos and a few days later my fellow soldiers are raping,pedophile homosexuals.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Actually this story is old and was discussed at very long lengths here 5 years ago . The message is America bad always no matter what no facts just post something or insinuate something about America and it must be true, after all I read it on the internet.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
not to play devils advocate here and yes i am a fellow marine so no pun intented, but if you did show them pictures i think two things would happen. the american people might actually wake up out of its slumber and ask why the heck were over in iraq. yes i believe iraq and afganistan would actually rise up so then we might actually have a war on our hands instead of this asanine war on terror. so let the truth be told, why lie, why act like this is nothing else but war. tired of everyone sugar coating this never ending war on what>? either get too it or get the hell out is what i have to say about it.

one last little food for thought, as long as they keep sugar coating this license to be at war do you think anything will ever change?

my guess nope, 100 year war where as long as the average american doesnt have to deal with it, and it isnt in there back yard, no harm no foul!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
reply to post by jd140

Actually this story is old and was discussed at very long lengths here 5 years ago . The message is America bad always no matter what no facts just post something or insinuate something about America and it must be true, after all I read it on the internet.

I know its old. But you can see the imagination of some already running wild in this thread due to the photos not being released.

I that was the main point of my post.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

reply to post by jd140

I know its old. But you can see the imagination of some already running wild in this thread due to the photos not being released.

I that was the main point of my post.

It did more harm not to release them.

Perhaps that was the plan.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Damn it! This is BS! No wonder why we are so hated!
What were the soldiers thinking??! What the hell were they thinking??!
I'm beyond pissed... It just goes round and round and round... Just like racism - round and round. What is it going to take to break the cycle???
Ugggh, I'm disgusted...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Exactly the point Oreilly was making. Now that he didn't release the photos everyones mind is going to think the worst. Americans and Middle Easterns alike.

Guess I didn't try hard enough to relay what his point was.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
I'm beyond pissed... It just goes round and round and round... Just like racism - round and round. What is it going to take to break the cycle???
Ugggh, I'm disgusted...

OH Jesus,

too
help

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by AshleyD]

[edit on 113131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Oh Jesus what? Do you not agree that if this is true that it's incredibly disturbing? Please don't say no...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Maybe that was the plan don't release them and let imaginations run wild.

I have no problem with owning up to the wrongs that were done at Abu Ghraib, and as have said before I think the folks that were punished got off lightly. It just seems to me that anytime anything bad is put up on this site about Americans and specifically American service folks, no matter how vile or horrific the accusation no matter if its a blog or rumor or an outright lie folks tand to take it as an absolute truth.

See after 5 pages of arguing about this issue it doesnt matter if the accusation is true its out there and the damage is done.

I argued this issue 5 years ago I am out of this thread folks can believe what they want.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Oh Jesus what? Do you not agree that if this is true that it's incredibly disturbing? Please don't say no...

Dear impaired, please go read DarkStormCrow previous post.
too

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

I argued this issue 5 years ago I am out of this thread folks can believe what they want.

Yea, I am done with it too,

see ya around

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

You should read further down in the WIKI and follow the links in section on criticisms and read that section, it is also very informative if you follow the links from the footnotes in that section.

I will maintain that these photos and or video that the Obama Administration contains no child rape by US soldiers because as I have stated many times already in this thread the US Army will prosocute such an individual and he will face the death penalty, and history has proven this to be true.

Your post and your source claim that children were raped in Abu Ghraib. You and your source offer nothing but unsubstantiated claims and anonymous sources.

Well I posted a link to the CBS story about the murder and rape in Abu Ghraib, but now when I went to check it for you it was edited out from the article.

But no one have never said it was US soldier doing this, they talk about US personal - and that can include contractors as I understand it.

But I found almost the same story here:

The photographs of stripped, hooded Iraqi prison inmates being sexually humiliated by their American captors has caused outrage throughout the world, aggravating anti-American sentiment throughout the Middle East and severely undermining American credibility in Iraq.

Rumsfeld said there are many more photographs and videos that have not been made public yet.

"It's going to get still more terrible, I'm afraid," he said.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said he wants to "prepare the public: Apparently the worst is yet to come potentially in terms of disturbing events."

He later told reporters, "The American public needs to understand we're talking about rape and murder here. We're not just talking about giving people a humiliating experience."

www.military.com...

And I hope that you don't make that one disappear as well (you must have really good contacts to editing out stuff from an CBS article)

I can only ask the reader to search the net for Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S-C and find somewhere where these words are written!

Another source:

Graham, speaking after Rumsfeld's Senate testimony, suggested that material in at least one tape held by Defense Department investigators could be by far the most-damaging yet to the U.S. military effort in Iraq and its prestige around the world.

"The American public needs to understand, we're talking about rape and murder here. We're not just talking about giving people a humiliating experience. We're talking about rape and murder and some very serious charges,'' Graham said to reporters. Graham said, however, he hadn't seen the videos that are part of the investigation into the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. soldiers and military contractors.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/05/08/RUMSFELD.TMP&type=printable

And I'm not here to fight you!

I bid you farwell dear denier friend, and I leave it up to the other readers to make sence of all this!

I presented my theory of the reason why they now want to supress the photos & video material.

If you don't agree with my theory - fine! I respect that

Live in peace!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
So while Bush sat there and let the oil speculators milk us dry, he was also busy raping kids in Iraq? Obama please god do something about this! Heads need to roll, those responsible should be charged, tried and executed for treason. It’s the only thing that may help with international tensions. Take a stand, we will stand with you all the way. Enough is enough. What if had been your daughter Barack?

The people without a doubt demand Justice! There is no question of public opinion on this one!

All media outlets please make them answer for this. If it’s not true then let them deny it publically. If this gets swept away I will spend the rest of my life exposing this deception.

Explain to the world that we are in process of exposing the Treasonous /Corruption which led to this crime against humanity. If others influenced it cast them out.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want to see those pictures. I think keeping the video or pictures locked up IS the right thing to do. Should the INFO be out? ABSOLUTELY, but there is no reason to release footage like that to the public. IMO, it only exploits those children further.

Released in a courtroom for witnesses to see . yes. to the public no. Thats just wrong if you want to see that or hear it .

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't know what to say.

i just.....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Ugggh, I'm disgusted...

No one really knows yet if there were any soldiers or contractors or what kind of people who were responsable for something that happened?

But some kind of personal (US?) connected to Abu Ghraib did something terrible to some 16-17 year old kids/children?

Yet, apparently something very serious happened indeed, Maybe thats why they are editing out parts of the article at CBS?

And maybe that's why we are never going to find out now when the ACLU decision is reversed by the President B.O?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Many thoughts.... too many thoughts.

What if this is the real reason the Obama administration has suddenly changed their stance on releasing the data (as of the last day in news) then I don't know what to say.
If that is the case, then yes I would agree that this publicizing such information would have a detrimental effect on how the US is portrayed, but on the other hand... if that is already known, then choosing to not release it or to sweep it under the rug would be just as bad for public opinion.

At this current juncture in time, we have Obama retracting the release of some info regarding out treatment of detainees, Pelosi adamantly stating that she was not briefed by the sp00ks that we were waterboarding. Then we have the sp00ks releasing a statement that 'neither confirms nor denies' anything. Sounds like charades to me, and these sorts of things could very well have been carried on by our people and chalked up to be 'enhanced interrogation techniques' and the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Sickening.

All those complicit to these crimes against our fellow man should be swinging from the branches of some high tree somewhere in the land of truth and liberty.

That is IMHO.
T-

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Let me be very clear - I don't condone these actions, whatsoever! No one I know or have served with has ever been this morally depraved. I just want that up front before I say what I have to say. I think those responsible should be punished.

Now, on the flip side....I know for a fact that many of those prisoners committed far worse atrocities than were done to them. It doesn't make it right, but it could go miles in helping to understand how our own people could justify this sort of treatment. The line between right and wrong, good and bad has been purposely blurred. Doesn't anyone see this?? I don't want half of the truth, I want the whole truth. I want to know the details of those prisoners....what they did, who they raped, who they tortured, who they killed. It does no good to give us those details of just the Americans running the prison, because we get a false sense of victimization.

Now before anyone jumps on me about defending the Americans, I am not. HOWEVER....if we are to hold our people to a standard, then where is the same passion for those prisoners who did far worse? They are talking about sodomizing "children" in front of other prisoners. How old were these children? How were they related to the prisoners? It seems like an awfully horrific thing to do, and the only thing that comes to mind is "payback".

I wonder how many people know that a common practice of Saddam's era was to slam the babies of his perceived betrayers into walls, crushing their skulls right in front of the parents. Or torturing the babies to death in front of them by skewering their eyeballs or other horrible unimaginable things. Raping their wives and torturing them in front of the husbands....raping their daughters.

So before everyone jumps on the bandwagon to sympathize with the prisoners and crucify the Americans, I'd be cautious about getting ALL the details first. Two wrongs don't make a right, but it certainly helps to understand how the mindset and practices could have become so acceptable within those walls. How do normal, every day people shift their morals in such a way that vile acts are justifiable? They obviously knew far more about those prisoners than we are allowed to know. Again, it's not right....but it helps to under the psychology of how it happened. Perhaps an eye for an eye?

Philosophically speaking, (and I'm sure not everyone will agree), nothing happens to us in life that we didn't already earn by our own actions.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join