It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Deadline Set For US Diplomacy With Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

No Deadline Set For US Diplomacy With Iran

www.presstv.ir

The US has dismissed claims that it has set a deadline for diplomacy with Tehran to find a solution to its nuclear standoff with the West.

Meanwhile, the US administration has declared that patience on the issue of Tehran's nuclear program is not infinite.

"We're not setting any deadline. And we're not interested in setting any kind of specific or even notional time-line," the US State Department Spokesman Ian Kelly said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
--- Am I only one thinking that this has been quiet day in news sections... Has Irans moves made agenda slipping?

- Releasing US journalist
- Asking for nuclear talks
- Sending ships to Somalia
- Making deal with Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt is joining too...

But this is waited better progress now - No time table - thats something to start with. Like we saw in Iraq attack, timetable was the last factor for bombing runs to begin...

Both sides has now made few good moves, lets hope these wont end here - but we get some diplomatic channel open between Tehran and Washington

--- Invite the Persian guy to DC, and wipe out the AIPAC maniacs gtom there!!!

I am hoping again, sorry

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Tour in Israeli media didnt give so much hope from better - Begin with Livni...

Livni: Time is running out for peace process

Opposition leader Tzipi Livni on Thursday warned that time was running out on achieving a peace deal with the Palestinians, saying "we mustn't delay the inevitable with useless diplomatic moves."

"Time is not working in favor of those who want to retain Israel's Jewish identity, and time is not in favor of moderate powers in the region," Livni declared at a conference of the Fisher Brothers Institute for Air and Space Strategic Studies in Herzliya.

www.haaretz.com...

Netanyahu urges Pope: Sound your moral voice against Iran
www.haaretz.com...

We forgot Gilad

We’re fed up with our leaders’ empty words; time has come for action

www.ynetnews.com...

Settlers call on PM to reject two-state solution
www.ynetnews.com...

- Warmongering wont end there, not for one single day, and no matter what happens in outside world --- Someones are really brainwashed to scare!!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My guess is that Iran have about 2 months tops before they get Bombed. Everyone is already pushing the Nuclear clock way too far. Experts were expecting Israel to attack them late last year.

time is running out!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I thought that the information out there showed that Iran has not got nukes and is not in the process of trying to make or acquire them.

Has something changed? If not what would be the purpose of bombing Iran when they've done nothing (that I know of anyways.)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

We can see its coming - and there is very little anyone can do...

Only right thing to do, was after Gaza op - but where was the international condemn from massive warcrimes? That op should spark demands from disarming Israel from attack weapons, but nothing like that has happened.

International observers are sleaping, or then they are just full of collaborators - something should be done and fast, to block Israels warmongering and path towards total destruction of fragile Middle East.

Evil states are only in their right wing minds.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm starting to think the us is planning to attack Iran

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Nooooo..
I feel that the US is not planning on attacking Iran..first.
We have set up Israel to do so ....first. Go Daddy Bush.
Being the good guys that we are in this country, we shall come to the aid of Israel and
attack secondly.
Russia will get its shorts in a bunch and side with Iran; causing China to ponder their
next move.
This is a sickening scenario. I am not holding my breath.

Peace...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
My guess is that Iran have about 2 months tops before they get Bombed. Everyone is already pushing the Nuclear clock way too far. Experts were expecting Israel to attack them late last year.

time is running out!

Yeah, it feels like a June 7, 2009 kind of thing, like how they did the Iraqi nuclear reactor... something tells me they like that date for some reason.

But hey, hear me out here. It's on a Sunday. The Israeli's like doing stuff on Sundays. They've done a June 7th before, with the Iraqi reactor. And there's also the Iranian election coming up right after that.

That's my prediction.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The U.S will not attack Iran- But for sure we going to get American Interests across the Globe attacked. Maybe even something Big here! Hope not but it could be another 911 thing. Something to get us in the war so that Obama has to go against his Military Budget cuts.

Remember Vietnam!

In 2007, i think November, Israel Bombed a suspected Nuclear Plant that Syria was building. There is no doubt that they will have to do something about this. Its a life a death situation.

In an article i recently read, some of the other Arab countries were not happy that Iran was Destabilizing the region. So when the attack happens there will only be a few parties involved. Iran, Syria and of course Palestine. Which includes Hezbollah in Libya.

On June 2nd Israel is having their Biggest ever Military exercise they have ever held. My Guess is that a day or two before this happens they Attack.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
US and Iran were at war for 30 years, US had surrendered in defeat a couple of years ago, They have already bowed to Iran, right now they are trying to save face and Iran is letting them

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The Iranians have been spewing rhetoric, putting up disinformation on their news sites, manoeuvrings their military, and so on for quite a while.

It means they're at wit's end.

Their push to get the Muslim world on their side with threats to Israel is not working. The Islamic Revolution is stalled.

The economy has been gutted by Mr A's putting Hamas and Hezbollah mercenaries on the payroll, missile purchases, a nuclear program that's costing 4 times the budget. All while oil was projected to be approaching $200 a barrel by now.

The mullahs are unhappy with Mr A, who is now totally delusional, believing
he is in direct touch with the 12th Imam.

All sad for ordinary Iranians, who don't want to see their country go up in smoke.

The solution is so obvious. The country has to put all it's resources into improving the domestic problems. Upgrade the disintegration oil infrastructure, create new industries and exports, phase out the unpopular religious enforcement, etc.

Most important, just shut up on the international stage. Veiled threats to Israel do not accomplish anything.

The inability to stop babbling reveals a tremendous insecurity level.

Paranoia rules in Iran, sadly.

Mike

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I hate to say it but there is no better way of getting out of money troubles then having a very big war, but I don't see anything happening. Business as usual, which is the business of doing nothing

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by johntime32
I hate to say it but there is no better way of getting out of money troubles then having a very big war, but I don't see anything happening. Business as usual, which is the business of doing nothing

I know the story well. How the US prospered from WWII.

But it's not 1939 now. Things are different. Nukes.

War also has a habit of permanently destroying the economies of countries and regions. That is by far the most common outcome.

Mike

new topics

top topics

join