It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexual abuse at Jesuit school wrecked my life', claims top City lawyer in £5m High Co

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Tears: Patrick Raggett, 50, claims sexual abuse he endured while at a Jesuit college has ruined his life

A former City lawyer told yesterday how he suffered years of terrifying sexual abuse by a Jesuit priest as he began a £5million compensation claim against his school.

Patrick Raggett, who is now 50, wept as he recounted harrowing ordeals at the Roman Catholic college which shattered his previously 'golden childhood' and cast a shadow over the rest of his life.

Well this is this group that is Anti-Reformation and we have people defending them all the time. This Society has a lot to answer for!

[Mod Edit: Repaired broken link, trimmed large pasting job, and added external tags] External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link..

[edit on 5/15/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. As someone who knows all too well the lifelong repercussions of abuse, I applaud your effort to get the truth out. Let's see who shows up,I have my predictions. I suspect we'll see their usual apologist tactics to deflect and minimize.

Love your sig as well.

S+F from me.

Regards....KK

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Gotta get those priests married and normalized somehow.

Gotta get those protestants educated as to how the dialectic has screwed their whole movement and destroyed "protestantism"

Gotta get the human race normalized sexually and figure out how to reconcile male phallic worshipers with sex-haters and lesbians and also the rest of humanity.

Gotta figure out a way to have a priestly class which isn't predatory at its highest ranks.

Ah, screw it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
you wouldent be hiding behind news reports.

Isn't that like saying.....hiding behind facts?

I, for one, have never seen, heard of or responded to one of the OP's threads but it is refreshing to see a champion of truth who strives to expose this sham. All too often I find myself alone in these threads among others of your ilk.

As I predicted as the 2nd poster with no knowledge of the OP that the "usual" suspects would arrive. I'll be looking for the others who like to toss around trumped up statistics
to "justify" the rampant abuse by priests is on par with other forms of "organized" religion. I won't name names, but they'll arrive soon enough.

I am ready to provide some wonderful stats myself. (A few doozies.) And bigots are bigots, whether they prance around with pointy hats and long robes in front of crosses. It matters little whether their crosses are aflame or not.

"Bless this broom as we sweep our pedophile priests under the rug of righteousness."

Regards...KK

[edit on 14-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I am not defending Paedo Priests and would add that anyone found guilty of abuse of a child should be chemically castrated and locked up for life. The same as in any walk of like however I was attacking the OP as he himself has a bigoted name, signature and also his last two posts have directly attacked the Catholic Church. Something that I am sick to my back teeth of in Scotland is this mindless bigotry which is a cancer on my fine nation. So get your facts right before stating the usual suspects and people of my ilk as this is a very specific form of religious bigotry in Scotland and this is not a search for the truth it is a search for stirring up hatred.

[edit on 14/5/09 by On the level]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Sorry Sherlock. The implications of improprieties are global and so is this forum. I care not of your personal beef with the OP.

And you were quick to suggest you could "smear" (your word) other religions. A common defense tactic. Usually coupled by skewed statistics comparing abuse in RCC to other "brands" in order to minimize. (As if any predatory abuse is acceptable.)

Sounds a tad "holier than thou" if you ask me.

This will get you started, read up:
(Please note sources.)

www.totalcatholic.com...:dublin-archbishops-abuse-warning&catid=14:uk-and-ireland&Itemid=34

Pass around the plate for this one......Ouch.
www.americancatholic.org...

Another doozie: (albeit, less current.)
www.bishop-accountability.org...

Regards...KK

[edit on 15-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
[Mod Edit: Removed quote of post removed above]

Can you stick to the topic please and confront the facts if you have nothing to add but name calling and going off topic please dont spoil the thread or get a thread of your own.

I will ignore your names and concentrate on what is happening in the world and highlight the Child Abuse going on and speak out against it, you seem to be glorifying the abuse by not speaking out against it and attacking me.

How can any right minded person call someone a bigot for highlighting Child Abuse?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by orangeman dave]

top topics

join