It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Vaccination Body Count

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
In June 2007 Jenny McCarthy began promoting anti-vaccination rhetoric. Because of her celebrity status she has appeared on several television shows and has published multiple books advising parents not to vaccinate their children. This has led to a dramatic increase in the number of vaccine preventable illnesses as well as an increase in the number of vaccine preventable deaths.

This site shows the effects of Jenny's misguided efforts.

www.jennymccarthybodycount.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Can we be sure from the graphs that this is due to Jenny McCarthy or the the fact we have larger numbers of people without health care and other resources.

This country is vaccination happy. I had five children and did not vaccinate any of them, no ear infections, no physical problems to speak of. All bright and happy and living wonderful adult lives.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

The site explains that Jenny is probably only partially responsible. It explains her ignorance and the consequences of people paying attention to "starlets" instead of health professionals.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

For me I do not see McCarthy as ignorant on this issue. All the way back to 1979 when I had my first child there were rumors within the medical community that the Pertussis vaccine had been linked to neurological problems such as cerebral palsy. Here is a link with a mothers story. www.cerebralpalsy.org...

I think parents should research both sides of the issue and make the best decision possible for them.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I would like to see those numbers compared to illnesses/deaths that ARE directly related to vaccines and see whose number is higher.

Does anyone have those figures?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What a crock!
What vaccine preventable diseases - specifically?
I look at that list and saw none.
Is there a vaccine for Brucelosis?
for wounds?
or Ehrlichia chaffeensis?
or unknown serogroup?

I could not find what caused the 163 deaths.
Looking at the timelines I see almost all vaccine preventable diseases continueing to go down.

This looks to me like a case of libel.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
What a crock!
I look at that list and saw none.

Is there a vaccine for Brucelosis?

Did you read the whole list?

Week ending March 28th
Typhiod (6) yes there is a vaccine
www.cdc.gov...

This looks to me like a case of libel.

Yeah maybe, I mean do make account for the fact that she is some dumb celebrity who feels compelled to give advice? Or are the parents just as stupid for following the medical advice of someone who perhaps partied near a medical school one time :shk: but has no real qualification beyond that

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
What a crock!

Just fyi, and I do realize that many are NOT given routinely

Anthrax
Cervical Cancer
Diphtheria
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
Influenza (Flu)
Japanese Encephalitis (JE)
Lyme Disease Measles
Meningococcal
Monkeypox
Mumps
Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
Pneumococcal
Poliomyelitis (Polio)
Rabies
Rotavirus Rubella (German Measles)
Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
Smallpox
Tetanus (Lockjaw)
Tuberculosis
Typhoid Fever
Varicella (Chickenpox)
Yellow Fever
www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretstash
I would like to see those numbers compared to illnesses/deaths that ARE directly related to vaccines and see whose number is higher.

Not off the top of my head but you can do some digging if you like:

www.cdc.gov...
www3.niaid.nih.gov...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Jenny is not ignorant of the topic, she is rather astute. Her efforts are not misguided.

I will not take vaccinations and I didnt even know she was promoting the subject until long after I started refusing them.

Edit: From your location I am going to guess you are a Disinfo Agent.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretstash

A number of infectious diseases are preventable through routine childhood immunizations. Largely as a result of widespread childhood vaccination over the past several decades, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, poliomyelitis, measles, mumps, rubella, and congenital rubella syndrome have become remarkably less common in the U.S. than in prevaccination years, and the numbers of cases reported are at or near the lowest levels ever.1 Comparisons of the total numbers of reported cases in the U.S. in 1994 and in the years preceding vaccination reveal an impressive decrease in reported cases of diphtheria (from 9,493 [1948] to 2 cases), tetanus (from 601 [1948] to 51 cases), paralytic poliomyelitis (from 18,308 [1954] to 0 cases due to endemic wild virus), measles (from 481,530 [1962] to 963 cases), mumps (from 152,209 [1968] to 1,537 cases), rubella (from 57,686 [1969] to 227 cases), and congenital rubella syndrome (from 77 [1970] to 7 cases).2,2a Before the introduction of poliovirus vaccine in 1955, polio occurred in epidemic waves of increasing magnitude, reaching a peak incidence of more than 20,000 paralytic cases in 1952.3 The last outbreak, in 1979, totaled only 10 paralytic cases.

Although the number of pertussis cases has also declined markedly since the prevaccination years (from 74,715 [1948] to 4,617 cases), long-term trends suggest an overall increase in the reported incidence of pertussis since 1976, rising from 0.5/100,000 to 2.6/100,000 in 1993 and 1.8/100,000 in 1994.4,4a Many of these cases occurred in unvaccinated or inadequately vaccinated infants and children.

Here's a few numbers.

Guide to Clinical Preventive Services, U.S. Preventive Services Task Force

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

If the readers here are going to dig into The National institute of health and CDC statistics they may also want to look into some of the law suites brought against the Pharma companies. www.ahrp.org...

When it comes to the protection of ones own child that protection should be of the informed type.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
When the long list of deadly additives that they deliberately put in the vaccines to harm us seriously as they are the most evil things that breathe on this planet, then and only then will I be looking to see if vaccines work for some of these illnesses.

But I will never allow my family to be vaccinated.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ok, so they're counting cases of illness and death from ailments for which a vaccine has been created. So what. Every time a vaccination is given, you could legitimately put that person in the "illness" category.

Vaccine champions like to talk about facts and figures, but are generally unaware. They like to talk about things like "eradicating smallpox". They won't tell you that smallpox was declining before the vaccine was introduced, and that the decline did not accelerate with widespread use of the vaccine, but adverse, sometimes fatal reactions to the vaccine did.

Sanitation eradicated small pox. Not the vaccine. How many people became ill or died as a result of the vaccine that would have never become infected with small pox? Preventable illness, preventable death. The exact same theme that this website uses, can be flipped around and aimed at the vaccines. A preventable illness and preventable death count applies in the opposite direction. Hmm, anyone want to get with me creating vaccinebodycount.com?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

...the security of communicable disease containment in the United States is threatened by a growing trend of parents refusing or delaying immunization for their children, along with inconsistent immunization laws ( [Fredrickson et al., 2004] , [Malone & Hinman, 2003] ). Studies indicate growing parental concerns and uncertainty regarding the safety of childhood vaccines (Fredrickson et al., 2004). A large number of antivaccination media, action groups, and web sites further complicate the situation by publicizing negative vaccine information and highlighting reasons for concern that often have no scientific support. More than half of U.S. family practice physicians encounter parents who refuse to immunize their children, whereas as many as 93% of pediatricians report that parents have refused ( [Garcia, 2005] , [Lyren & Leonard, 2006] ). This trend of refusals and delays has made the threat of outbreaks more likely to occur today than a decade ago. A reappearance of disease outbreaks is a signal that the immunization status in the United States is in jeopardy (American Nurses Association [ANA], 1997). The occurrence of pertussis and measles has continually increased since the 1980s. In fact, measles, rubella, and pertussis have had outbreaks as recently as 2005. These outbreaks were primarily caused by diseases originating in other countries and infecting unimmunized individuals or individuals whose immunizations were not up-to-date .

Parental beliefs, concerns, and fears about vaccination and vaccine safety have been identified as reasons for opposition to vaccination. Parents' misconceptions about vaccination cause them to question the efficacy and wisdom of vaccinating their children when many do not believe there are serious health risks associated with not vaccinating. However, parents do express concerns about hearing negative information promoted by antivaccination movements regarding adverse effects and possible links between vaccines and autism, Guillain–Barre syndrome, and various other illnesses and disorders. Such misinformation negatively affects public health through claims that vaccines are ineffective and that giving multiple vaccines at one time overloads the immune system. This type of erroneous information can increase confusion regarding the efficacy and safety of immunizations (National Network for Immunization Information, 2005b).

Parental refusal or delay of childhood immunization: Implications for nursing and health education

If the CDC or any US government agency really thought there was a danger to vaccines, would they make vaccination mandatory for the 3 million members of their military? or healthcare workers?

What would be the motivation behind this? Most vaccines are off patent and they are not big moneymakers for big pharma.

The problem is that this kind of misinformed action creates a danger to everyone. If the decision to not get vaccinated only affect that person, I could care less.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaTier

If you as a parent read this DPT insert www.whale.to...-infant-death-syndrome would you not want to look further into the number of children that have suffered the warned effects?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by AlphaTier

If you as a parent read this DPT insert www.whale.to...-infant-death-syndrome would you not want to look further into the number of children that have suffered the warned effects?

I think what you're referencing is this: Sudden-infant-death-syndrome (SIDS) has been reported following administration of vaccines containing diphtheria and tetanus toxoids and pertussis vaccine. The significance of these reports is not clear.

This could also state that SIDS was reported after the parents ate a ham sandwich. I could make the statement and SIDS has been reported following the administration of no vaccines and it would be also correct.

It states the significance of this is not clear. When any drug is in testing, any adverse event that happens has to be reported and then documented in the insert. For example, if I was being tested with this vaccine and walked out on the street and got run over, the insert would have to state there was a sudden death during testing, but unclear significance. This doesn't indicate it is causal.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Inoculation with the diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis- poliomyelitis (DTPP) vaccine (with or without hemophilus influenza vaccine) was not associated with increased risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) in very young infants (30 to 90 days of age). In a 27-month duration, prospective, 1-to-3 ratio case-control study, the frequency of vaccination was no different between cases and controls (12% versus 14%, respectively), whereas confirmed SIDS cases had greater exposure to confirmed SIDS risk factors (bottle fed, prone sleeping position, maternal cigarette use, soft mattress, recent illness, recent medication, multiple birth). The relative risk of SIDS in vaccinated children 3 months of age and younger was not increased by the presence of vaccination (Odds Ratio 1.08; 95% Confidence Interval 0.49 - 2.36), after adjustment for all other risk factors (Jonville-Bera et al, 2001).

Here is more complete date. The risk of SIDS was not increased due to DTP.

I can't link link to this source because it's from Micromedex which is a professional site.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

The site explains that Jenny is probably only partially responsible. It explains her ignorance and the consequences of people paying attention to "starlets" instead of health professionals.

Do you have any idea how many people are killed directly because of the advice and action of health professionals? Chemotherapy alone probably kills millions of people that could otherwise be cure with a mix of good nutrition, clean water, some exercise and more specific natural remedies like hemp seed oil.

Do realise you're living in an upside down world. What is supposedly right is in fact wrong, what is classified as wrong many times is right. The core reason is the unproportional relevance of pathological liars in modern society, which is a sign of the times.

If you always blindly listen to doctors I garantee you will be suckered in to a vampiristic disease industry and be on a downward spiral. This is not to say they do it on purpose. Most of them believe they are doing the best possible, most of them can't see beyond their box. But this is the reality of the situation, I'm far enough removed and experienced enough to see it more or less as it is, with no personal bias here. Medicine is good on certain areas, namely acute diseases and trauma. Anything chronic and sistemic messes up their whole methodology and is beyond their medical philosophy. They simply don't know the body well enough. They save a lot of people, of course, but the total tally would surprise most people, if it ever were to be known. Last statistic I read was 40 000 preventable deaths in the US alone, and I suggest you research this for yourself. Always second guess your doctor, always get various opinions, always avoid the most invasive or agressive options, unless it's a last case scenario. Medicine is risky business, and I'm sure most doctors would anonymously agree with most of what I just wrote.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

What deadly additives are you referring to?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join