It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Molecule of life emerges from laboratory slime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
CREATING life in the primordial soup may have been easier than we thought. Two essential elements of RNA have finally been made from scratch, under conditions similar to those that likely prevailed during the dawn of life.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
That is some interesting stuff right there, I wonder how far they will take it. But then again that is a dumb question, the answer is obvious...... ALL THE WAY. Why clone or genticly modify somthing when you can just make it from scratch. Kinda scary to think about... maybe thats were all the Montauk monsters are coming from, just test to see what can be made from the goop

Just Joking

But very interesting post.... I cant wait to read more about it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
ahh....we have become baby gods......

waiting for GOD"S comet to come smashing into us anytime now!!!

we'd' make horrible Gods!!!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Without Accepting Religion or Human philosophy.......

Merely, it is simply down to.... Cause and Effect!

No I am Not Religious person or belong to any Religious Sect!

If people choose to believe I am Religious they are either misinterpreting my words or deceiving themselves.

The whole Argument is really dependent on peoples definition or interpretation of the Component called "Life".

Is "Life" the Result or the Cause???

What is "Life"???

Is "Life" an External and Internal (Inner & Outer) Source defined as "Consciousness" or is "Life" just an automatic chain of events with no Awareness without Knowledge and Intelligence ???

If Life is Not "Awareness" or "Consciousness" then I guess there isn't any "Awareness" or "Intelligence" and No person is "Aware" of anything, so what causes or allows you & me to know you/we exist???

Life is Not a bunch of Atoms (often a human analogy denying Awareness or Consciousness ) but perhaps the the cause and driving force behind what has taken place.

Life being the Cause of everything rather than the result of emptiness !

I find that all these arguments put forward by different Groups of humankind, seems to be about the Acceptance of "Consciousness" and "Intelligence" within their experience or Universe.

Very Strange human behaviour indeed.... LOL

Perhaps the Truth lays in the Definition of what Life actually is, rather than the different Groups beliefs what Life should be Defined as ???

Its a bit Like the Chicken & Egg syndrome!

First Consciousness/Awareness or Materialism ???

What is Materialism ???

And what is Energy ???

And More Importantly..... What is Life.

Did "Life" Produce both Material and Energy ???

Or did Material Produce Life ???

If all came from energy, as some claim, then how did energy come into being and more to the point, what caused all this to happen in the first pace ???

A human interpretation of "Evolution" or a human Interpretation of a god ???

I doubt it !

So to find the answers that most Religious and Non Religious people can't accept, perhaps we will find these in ourselves if we can be honest to ourselves ???

There are only Two Basic Conditions; The "Observed" and The "Observer"!

1. The "Observer"..... "Consciousness!

2. The Observed...... Your body and the Environment including all other biological forms.

I Claim it is the Observer (Consciousness Collective) that produced All and that Emptiness did Not Produce All!

top topics

join