It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Slow Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This thread is more of a thought experiment than anything else. I didn't know where else it belonged, so here it is. Mods, feel free to move this to a more appropriate location if need be.

I've read and commented in many of the recent threads generated by self-proclaimed patriots (no offense intended) preparing and planning for a coming revolution, or coup, or whatever you choose to call it. My question is this: Since it seems unlikely that such people could be convinced through any kind of debate to change their minds, what would be some strategies for other self-proclaimed patriots, who see no need for armed revolt, to effect change in the current system? I agree that the current system is corrupt and needs re-vamping. I do not agree that taking up arms is necessary, nor do I think "TPTB" would ever let it get to such a point.

In other words, lets assume a NWO/Bilderberger/Illuminati cabal of wealthy, influential folks really do run the show. They have spent many decades, if not centuries, playing a game of chess on the global chessboard. The ultimate goal of this, we further assume, is the subjugation of we the rabble, we the peasants, in order for them to eventually rule us all so that they may live lives of resplendent luxury. Why they would want to expend such efforts when they are already filthy, stinking rich is beyond me, however...
...The real question I am asking, I suppose, would be, why not beat them at their own game? If they are playing chess, how can we beat them by playing rugby? We must play chess as well. We should take the long view, and adjust our individual lives to be in small conflict with their goals. They want to control us by making us a consumer nation dependent upon the "system" for our essential needs, such as food and water, etc.? We should respond by not taking part in that consumerist society, planting community gardens, buying goods at yard sales and flea markets, and yes, sometimes doing without. Take away their dollars...the only real power they hold over us.

I'm all for being prepared for contingencies, being prepared to defend the home and hearth, as it was in "pioneer" days. Everyone should be prepared for such things. It's only common sense. However, instead of taking a short-term view of our problems as a nation, we should take a generational view. Become as self-sufficient as possible. Contribute as little to the currency economy as you can. Teach your children and your friends these values, explain to them the long view. Get involved in the local political party of your choice (or start your own!) and re-make it to your liking.

In time, we can reinvent society as something more benevolent, and "TPTB" will no longer hold any sway over free citizens. Above all, do not fear your neighbors, even though they may have differing opinions regarding politics, or religion, or guns, or taxes. They are still American citizens, still your compatriots. Remember, this is "the Great Experiment". Lets start experimenting again...Andy

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I agree with you, but in a slightly different way. We should play the game by our rules within the current set of rules. In other words, like what you said, becoming independent of the system as designed by TPTB. Build gardens localize government control. We still have those rights. Yet they surely don't expect us to really organize effectively.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I agree somewhat with the last poster. if like you said they have been playing a chess game of sorts or whatever you want to call it, it doesnt matter what game you want to call it, but what does matter is that at least in my opinion we shouldnt play there so called "game". They already have it set up so the rules of engagement benefit them and only them. so my point is that we can not play the same "game" or use the same tactics, because we are not on a level playing field. the odds are completely against self sustainability until there are enough people thinking in the same terms. I would be all for a private community water source, and gardens, flea markets, but the first thing that would happen atleast in my neighborhood would be fighting over water rights, everyone would want to grow there own garden because they dont like how the "community garden" is being handled, or what fertilizer they used. until we can stop acting like individuals and start acting like the collective whole that we really are, I think things will continue to get worse. I think the real question is how do we get others to realize this? when will we all see that we really are all the same? what will it take to make us work together for the greater good rather than individual greed???????? god bless every one. If I have offended anyone than that is to bad.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KommonKnowledge
I agree somewhat with the last poster. if like you said they have been playing a chess game of sorts or whatever you want to call it, it doesnt matter what game you want to call it, but what does matter is that at least in my opinion we shouldnt play there so called "game". They already have it set up so the rules of engagement benefit them and only them. so my point is that we can not play the same "game" or use the same tactics, because we are not on a level playing field. the odds are completely against self sustainability until there are enough people thinking in the same terms. I would be all for a private community water source, and gardens, flea markets, but the first thing that would happen atleast in my neighborhood would be fighting over water rights, everyone would want to grow there own garden because they dont like how the "community garden" is being handled, or what fertilizer they used. until we can stop acting like individuals and start acting like the collective whole that we really are, I think things will continue to get worse. I think the real question is how do we get others to realize this? when will we all see that we really are all the same? what will it take to make us work together for the greater good rather than individual greed???????? god bless every one. If I have offended anyone than that is to bad.

I haven't watered my lawn in the 9 years I have lived in this house. Yet, the local water management district (WMD) says I can only water on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The water comes out of my well. They don't own it. The WMD's were formed for flood control, yet now they tell us how we can use our water?

I don't waste any water on grass, but neither do I recognized their right to tell me what to do with my water.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The prudent and necessary course of action will become readily obvious to all of us soon enough....as this short time passes, events will unfold that will begin to take away some of the options and choices that seemed available to us previously..

In short, you will be left with the choice of living in slavery or laying it all on the line for liberty...Those that are perfectly at home and relatively and generally comfortable with the current system will opt for slavery...after all, it's all you know..

Those of us who yearn to exercise our (God) given right of self realization and actualization will be willing to fight (and possibly die) for it......but not before our options have been narrowed for us....That time , though not now, in my opinion, is just around the corner..

Neither course of action is universally right or wrong, one must choose what one can live with....but as for me...give me liberty, or give me death..

[edit on 15-5-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

I understand where you're coming from. In the event that this series of events you speak of does come to pass, we would all react to things in our own way. My primary concern would be for the safety of my daughter, then my other family members, then myself. In other words, I have tried to find a way to protect and provide for my "circle".

In the meantime, it seems that we should all try to make some difference on the ground, locally. If nothing bad happens, we've made our local situation better, and if it does happen, we've laid the groundwork to protect and provide for those in our immediate area.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by drumist69

Agreed....

As much as possible, I try to find a silver lining in all of this...I do think that there will emerge many long lasting positive economic and cultural effects.

top topics

join