It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1996 ValuJet Flight 592 crash into the Everglades - did it happen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

thanks! if you noticed, i had edited that comment, as i found those pages after i had already posted that question... thanks so much for your contribution, and i'm starting to think that this crash was legit, for reasons "ProjectJimmy" has reminded me of:

i didn't even take in the aspect of the high speed velocity and the surface tension of the water, especially the thick swamp water, which has to equate to something possibly harder than concrete...?

i've seen that Phantom video many times, and i've never really applied that concept to high-speed jet crashes into water :bnghd: - i wish they'd do a run where they strapped a DC-9 or a 757 to a track and ram it into a wall at 500mph!

all i found right off the bat were these crash tests:

707:

707 cont'd:

DC-7:

on a minor note, has anyone submitted the idea of having MythBusters test an airliner crash?? ...what about them "busting" the whole 9/11 incident?...

i wonder if anyone's submitted that...

also, i had the idea that the Everglades could be very deep with soggy bottoms, loosely packed coral, and mud that could suck you underneath - i just couldn't find a straight answer online, with the exception of that .pdf document i posted earlier...

[edit on 16-5-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

adreno, "MythBusters" did a decompression experiment, maybe you've seen it? They found an old DC-9 carcass, sealed it up and rigged a gun to shoot through a passenger window to see if they could re-create the scene from "Goldfinger", when the bad guy gets sucked out.

I won't give away any spoilers (!), not here.

Since they are so popular, maybe someone could suggest this to them. There are plenty of old 'boneyard' airplanes out in the desert to pick up fairly cheaply. I think Jamie and 'whats-his-name' (the other guy) would wecome the idea.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

yea i saw that episode, and didn't they do one where they dropped the tail of a plane from a certain height to see what damage it did to the passengers on the back row??

...someone needs to request that they crash an RC commercial jet into a building... preferably an old abandoned tower...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Flight 592's sister ship also caught fire. And why was flight 592 delayed?
edit on 7-9-2012 by jetdoctor911 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join