It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts Train to Become Homeland Gestapo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
In the UK, as well as Scouts and Boys' Brigade, we have Cadets: ACF (Army Cadet Force) and ATC (Air Training Corps) which kids can join from the age of 13 and provides a good grounding for a career in the military if desired. This sounds very similar . I was in the ATC myself and we did some terrorist training. Of course in those days it was IRA not Islamic extremists.

[edit on 14/5/09 by Insomniac]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Now that I think about it we do have something similar in Sweden as well, called FBU (Roughly translated as "Voluntary Officer training") for kids to join from the age of 14 or so and up.

But you don't get to toy around with guns until you turn 18, which is the legal age from which you are obliged to do your military service and will get to use weapons anyway.

I guess what bothers most is the "Homeland Security" part. It doesn't ring well in combination with "kids".

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
I think it's great. They're learning valuable life skills, building character, and I'd bet a dollar that most of them are at the top of their peer groups, grade-wise.

That little tingly feeling of pride and sense of accomplishment you feel for these over 100,000 kids is natural enough, these are, after all, American kids learning valuable skills and team spirit and all those wonderful things.
Next time you wonder how in the world Hitler had convinced millions of average germans to back the Nazi youth programs, that little tingly feeling will be able to answer those questions.
What terrorists are they training up to fight exactly? What the hell is the difference between the kids pictured above and say, this kid...

Or this little 16 year old girl who probably gets equally excited when she hears the swoosh of her rocket...

Or these kids who went through the exact same kind of programs...

You guys really support this kind of crap?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale
Now that I think about it we do have something similar in Sweden as well, called FBU (Roughly translated as "Voluntary Officer training") for kids to join from the age of 14 or so and up.
But you don't get to toy around with guns until you turn 18

In the UK the cadets are part of the British Army and the RAF so they start shooting at 13. I used to enjoy that bit!

We have cadet forces attached to some schools too, mostly the private ones though, called CCF - Combined Cadet Force.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

What the hell is the difference between the kids pictured above and say, this kid...

Or this little 16 year old girl who probably gets equally excited when she hears the swoosh of her rocket...

Or these kids who went through the exact same kind of programs...

You guys really support this kind of crap?

The difference is that you're comparing kids who are coerced or overtly forced into warfare with kids who don't go to war.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
*snip*
You guys really support this *snip*?

100%, but I'll admit as an eagle scout, arrowman, and son of a LEO, I'm slightly biased.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
As always, you need to look at the source of the material before you let yourself get outraged.

Somehow, I don't think that there are very many Explorer programs with this slant.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Bravo. This is my point exactly. I do not see what moral value comes indoctrinating youth with kill tactics. To fight exactly what terrorist? We have not had an attack since the false flag that put us into this new world. I cannot believe that people are OK with this. Or that as many people even here , buy into this creppola. It seems that our current forces can seem to deal with all the threats that have come our way since that fateful day in September 2001.

People are gonna say that the threat is there, but if anyone actually wanted to attack this country it would not be that hard. If terrorism is as rampant as they want us to believe, there would be IED's going off everyday. The vale of security that is portrayed in this country is a joke.

I used to have a job as an electronic systems technician that took me to some of the most "secure" places in NYC up till 2007. The "security" is so laxed that I could have done anything I wanted to do to threaten the lives of others if I was a murderer. I would drive my car right through the gates of West Point Military Academy with a trunk full of electronic components with nothing but a once over to the trunk of my car. I was amazed every day.

There is no real threat America wake up.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by timewalker]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Even if there was an actual threat, the question is, how far are you willing to go to defend yourself from it? Would you, no, seriously, would you go so far as to use your own kids to defend against terrorists?
But I'm with you on that, dude.. At least, the threat from Al-Qaeda isn't what it seems to be.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by David_Reale]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Holy hell! This is a very scary thing they are doing here. They are training children to be government enforcers. Is this what Boy Scouts is all about now? Putting guns in kids hands and training them to confront situations that NO ONE would want their children involved in? Who the hell told the government to go ahead with this sort of crap? Absolutely ridiculous!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yep, we learned how to fire weapons, cleaning and maintaing arms, survival tactics. Heck we even learned how to make a felony stop when we visited our local police station. Our post was lucky in that one of the fathers had been a demolitions expers as a Ranger so we picked up a few things there as well.

Whew, man some of you were in real danger of overreacting

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Every a story like this makes it to the wires people who oppose it are always over-reacting. Hitler's Germany wasn't built over night, and Hitler's America is a dream being realized today.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I am an Eagle scout, Brotherhood OA, and was a member of our council's '89 National Jamboree contingent. I stayed active in my troop until the day I left for Parris Island.

That said, to clear the air:

Explorers are a coorganization with BSA. They are "related", but independent.

Regardless, I'm sure this is NOT what Lord Baden Powell intended in the least.

Admittedly, my troop was pretty paramilitary even in the late 80's, early 90's. Most of our troop leaders were Vietnam vets, and several older boys joined various branches of service. They were our role models.

I learned the majority of the woodcraft I know in scouts. I learned to shoot a bow, I learned how to properly care for and handle a knife, I learned survival skills.

We NEVER had CQ or MOUT type training though.

This has gone too far.

As soon as I read this article this morning, I was on the phone with our local council, and they too were shocked. This seems to be a unique program in the west, near the border.

I called national council, and they referred me to the Explorers, at a different number. I got a voice mail, but I expect no reply... I think the exposure of this has innundated them with angry scouts and scouters that are "awake". This indoctrination is simply not right!

Read the quotes from the kids, they clearly come across as brainwashed.

Is this the condition of the police state we have become?

This is sickening.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Via the Boy Scouts of America? I guess we shall have to agree to disagree then on this subject.

The bottom line is this: BSA provides scouts with skills and discipline that are sorely lacking and much needed mroe than ever today.

To take a picture out of context and extrapolate that into the next comming of the Hitler Youth is quite a stretch. But again if you yell that the sky is falling, the sky is falling long enough you may be right..........

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I agree with the teaching of basic woodcraft in scouting. We had rifle range too at summer camp, and we'd shoot trap occasionally as a troop.

We never cleared a house with airsoft M4's and MP5's...

Can't you see the glaringly obvious difference?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

What a bunch of utter crap! I am an Eagle Scout and I was in the Explorer program as well. This gives Scouts a chance to try something else byond their time in scouts: Search and Rescue, Police, EMS, and other services. I was in Search and Rescue; I knew guys that were part of the Police progam they did simliar Police training, ride alongs and other activities. I know that they have these programs on Marine, Army and Airforce bases as well.

This is one of the reasons that I do not listen to Infowars or Alex Jones. I usual take all sources with a grain of salt-but this time it really ticks me off!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

There is a diffrence between the Boyscouts and the actual Explorer Prgram. Yes at Summer camp we had the Rifle Range and the Archery Range and we taught scouts how to do both. In the Explorer program it is about careers and giving sometime a try.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Thank You, I see this as too far my self. I am sickened by the fact that everyone is so brainwashed into this fear factor world that they do not even see the implications of this. I have no problem with a person of legal age that has the maturity to weigh this out for themselves joining what they feel is right. But in the minds of teenagers that have not even reached puberty?

Allow the kids to live a normal life. They should be thinking about normal things not kill kill kill. Teach them survival, morals, how to live, but keep the para military training out of our youth.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Were you in an Explorer Post?

Here is one such example:

Roanoke Police Department

The Roanoke Police Department established Explorer Post 616 on March 12, 1992. The Explorer Scout Program enables youth to participate in many types of educational and recreational activities, allowing them to gain more perspective on the operations of the Police Department. Explorer Scouts do not need to have a desire to pursue a career in law enforcement. The group meets weekly, and guest speakers discuss topics including:

Tactical Training
Basic Firearms Familiarization
Crime Scene Investigation
Radio Communications
Report Writing
Crime Prevention
Traffic Direction and Investigation
Explorer Scouts also participate in community service projects.

and another:

www.vernonhills.org...

They have been around for a long time. There are ones that are based around firefighting, sea scouts etc as well.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

It's called incrementalism. The original Hitler youth was created for noble purposes too. It started out as a volunteer organization that did good for the nation, and quickly turned into a paramilitary force. And after everything I have seen the Federal Government pull in the last 10 or 15 years, I look to history as a guide. Ignore it at your peril.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join