It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

35,000 yr old Venus Statue Found! Photo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

35,000 yr old Venus Statue! Photo

www.nytimes.com

No one would mistake the Stone Age ivory carving for a Venus de Milo. The voluptuous woman depicted is, to say the least, earthier, with huge, projecting breasts and sexually explicit genitals.

At least 35,000 years old, it is “one of the oldest known examples of figurative art” in the world. It is about 5,000 years older than some other so-called Venus artifacts made by early populations of Homo sapiens in Europe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/14/2009 by trusername]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
www.dallasnews.com...

Here's another picture. Not much doubt that the sculptor was a breast man. But it's interesting that there is no head just a loop (for a necklace strap?) And there are the odd pointy legs and no feet.

Neanderthals still existed in Europe at this time - 35,000 years ago - but it's thought that this wasn't made by them... since they didn't make much in the 1000s of years before this - so why start then.

It does look like a roast chicken with boobs, as my kid commented.

Anyway - still cool - enjoy!

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Pish posh, Earth didnt exist more than 5000 years ago according to the bible and darwinians tell me that if there were people that long ago tey were too busy flinging poo at eachother to care about art!

How dare hard facts and evidence try to wake us out of our slumber and defy widely held beleifs, shaking the foundations of our narrow-minded vision of recorded history.

[edit on 09/5/14 by metaldemon2000]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This thing was carved 35000 years ago....but no, wait, we were cave dwelling, club swinging, grunting beasts back then!!! Right....so now, lets just post this story on the news, ooh and aah at it and nevermind what the implications of this thing could lead to....dont talk about it, thats just...."crazy"!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Whoever carved it did a better job than I ever could. That Venus character must have been very important to these people, seeing as how they continued creating statues of her for tens of thousands of years.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
But wait a second, the entire universe has only existed for 6,000 years, so how could this have possibly been made???

^
sarcasm if you couldn't tell. No one believes the earth is only 6000 years old right? thats just silly

I guess people have liked boobs since the dawn of time.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by theendisnear69]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

haha!! i dont think many modern christians REALLY believe that, huh, makes you wonder what else in the bible might be false.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
When they refer to "venus de milo" carvings, they are saying that it is the vision of absolute beauty at the time. The Venus de Milo from Greece (i think) was titled venus de milo but has the same ideals. The most beautiful woman of the time.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Fertility icons exist in almost every culture, these objects which are thought to be able to protect or increase fertility were used in ritualized and private practice.

The phallus obviously was for females and their fertility while the Venus is for males. Simple research will provide many examples.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There were other beings here befor us, we are not the First, bible say Adam and Eve where the First Human beings..

The ones made us could have made the statues ffs...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
yes ah-tah. when u get older these things will become a major part of life. it's weird they find these dolls everywhere. was this some child's toy or some creepy dudes way to past the time.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It will just keep going back farther and farther untill the christians and the evolutionists both team up against science.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Haha I thought this thread was going to be another one of these... Bat BoyAlert.

Some more pictures

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If this is indeed what represents the desired beauty of women by the society of that day, then I think they had it totally wrong.
All t'n'a and no brain?
somebody correct me here.

Women have been "kept down" for that long? I notice they say the symbolism is debated but they don't go indepth.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by heyo]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by some_stupid_name
yes ah-tah. when u get older these things will become a major part of life. it's weird they find these dolls everywhere. was this some child's toy or some creepy dudes way to past the time.

Were u just in the mystery of the urinal deuce thread? lol. comedians are out in full force today.
Of course it would've went like atabulklickplonk
or
the lord has given me these two statues, which shall arouse you, then you shall punish yourself for being aroused.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

sarcasm if you couldn't tell. No one believes the earth is only 6000 years old right? thats just silly

You would be surprised how many people still do. That is totally ridiculous and ignorant to think so but they do.........

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Blasphemy!!!

You should be burnt at the stake!!!

LOL, no really.......Good post, it just is amazing how early humans or human-like species were experimenting in art.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
call me crazy...but that so called statue, which is like an inch wide and 3 inch tall...kinda looks like some crazy ancient tooth......tooth

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join