It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Has Plan to Secure Pakistan Nukes if Country Falls to Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

U.S. Has Plan to Secure Pakistan Nukes if Country Falls to Taliban

www.foxnews.com

American intelligence sources say the military's chief terrorist-hunting squad has units operating in Afghanistan on Pakistan's western border and is working on a secondary mission to secure foreign nuclear arsenals if the Taliban or Al Qaeda overwhelm Pakistan.

The United States has a detailed plan for infiltrating Pakistan and securing its mobile arsenal of nuclear warheads if it appears the country is about to fall under the control of the Taliban, Al Qaeda or other Islamic extremists.

American intelligence sources say the operation would be conducted by Joint Special Operations Com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well now it would seem that perhaps the extremist's have started to get the upper hand if they are even bothering to say this in public. I am not surprised that they have this plan in place I just worry about this turning into another Iraq style mess real fast.
I can understand the need to help them if it get's to where they can not protect their arsenal. But if they can't protect it in the first place what the heck are they doing with it? That just keep's popping up in my head!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Taliban in Pakistan and Afghanistan is much more formidable opponent than the insurgents in Iraq. Much better fighters, much more loyal, and much better adapted to fighting in their mountainous environment. And pretty well funded and equipped as well. This is going to be American's new Vietnam or worse.

And remember key word in that article...........MOBILE.....meaning Pakistan has nukes on wheels easily transported across the country. All it takes is ONE of these to get into the wrong hands and WWIII has begun. You don't fire a major commander as the US has done recently without realizing you are making major screw ups in this battle. Americans better hold on because it's going to get ugly over there, and fast.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

As much as I would like to dillude myself into thinking it won't happen..it has been far to long in the developement over there for it not too. I just worry more about the people who aren't involved in this and already being displaced by the fighting going on. It hasn't even gotten to the point of us having to help them secure the mobile one's yet and they have been running the local's out of town and fast. Can't imagine what would happen if they did really get one. Knowing us we would blow it up where they took control of it and leave it at that.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

You'd be surprised how many "contingency" plans the US has. And why not? Its better to plan for something than be caught off-guard.

I encourage friends and family to develop contingency plans and discuss together it at least once. That way when a natural disaster or some terrorist attack occurs family members will have an idea what to do. Otherwise, you and your family may be stuck sitting dumbly at each other wondering what to do. Those precious seconds or minutes you gained by preplanning may save your life.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

It's amazing how the US manages to develop contigency plans for this but when Katrina hit they were as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

That said, I'm pleased they do have a contigency as the situation in Pakistan is a volcano waiting to erupt.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

Very true but I know about far to many of them dear heart this one just bug's me to no end to be honest.

Like the butt kicking contest!
sadly it seem's to be true. We have more plan's for thing's outside of our own country than we do for thing's in it most of the time.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yes just what we need another backdoor into bring imperial....er safety to the region and peace to protect the oi...er region from those evil baddies. Do not mind the oil....freedom tanke...trucks headed your way and those poppies are so pretty this time of year.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Yup. Like their old contingency plan to invade Canada. Its funny now. But back in the early 20th Century it was considered.

America's Secret Plan to Invade Canada

At a length of 5,522 miles (8,891 kilometers), Canada and the United States share the longest non-militarized border in the world. Today we think of the two nations as the friendliest of neighbors, but at one time both nations had somewhat detailed plans for attacking one another… just in case.

The U.S. plan was titled "Joint Army and Navy Basic War Plan – Red," and it included plans for the invasion of Canada by the United States as part of a larger worldwide military action. War Plan Red was actually designed for a war against England and it’s Commonwealth. The scenario imagined a conflict between England (code name Red) and the United States (Blue) fighting over vital international trade and commercial interests.

The plan was devised by the Pentagon U.S. military in 1934. In the event of such a military conflict, American planners assumed that England would use Canada (Crimson)– a part of the British Commonwealth– as a staging area for attacks on the United States. The Army had even researched which beaches the British might use for amphibious landings.

Just imagine what plans other countries had for the US. US is lucky to have the 2nd Amendment. Japanese and Russia admitted they were never scared of our military. Reason why they never invaded US was because of the 2nd Amendment.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The U.S. has the ability to take over Pakistan's nukes if it wishes so? What is Pakistan, the U.S.'s bitch? I've never heard anything more ridiculous. The leader of Pakistan must be furious.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Looks like this is the step. where they have been heading long time... Remember the words of Ron Paul - he warn that next step is in Pakistan.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

stacie, I'm sure they've got plans like this for every nuclear nation. they have plans for invasion of every country as well. you never know when those crazy canadians will get a bit too big for their britches and need to be reminded of their place in society.

a more frightening scenario than the taliban obtaining the pakistan nukes is the U.S. moving in to secure the nukes and finding themselves being accused of invading pakistan, sparking a much bigger war.

a large portion of that region gets its news from sources that skew the news a bit (baghdad bob?) so it would be easy as pie to lure us in and then make us look like some power mad aggressor moving in to take over an unstable and weak region.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Should be:

U.S. Has Plan to Secure Pakistan Nukes if Country Falls to Taliban And Use Them On Its Owe Soil To Continue A Bull~~~~ Agenda

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Change We Can All Believe In......

What A Joke....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

Have you been keeping up with current events in Pakistan? I suggest you do. Its a power struggle between existing Pakistani gov't and Taliban.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

That's the first thing I thought as well. Then leave it to Israel to start some static with Iran as well, requiring even more troops. With such a swell in American population, how long until the Saudi's get fed up with us camping on their land? An escalation outside of Iraq also gives a little breathing room to the players there, allowing for a more organized opposition. How long before Russia and China decide to become involved? We all know Russia will FedEx their weapons and technology to Iran, who's obviously foaming at the mouth over the situation in Pakistan. And how much longer will China hold what's left of the American economy in the balm of their hand before they start squeezing?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Pakistan , Well I am glad they are thinking ahead on this one. And I can say that India is not going to set by and let the Taliban take over so close to there country.
They know the outcome of that.
It's getting to the point where the world is going to have to take a stand and put a stop to all of this. If they or we do not then the outcome is going to be bad.

new topics

top topics

join