It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head-kick officer caught on camera

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm studying Criminal Justice right now, and I'm willing to bet that those cops are going to lose their badges, since this is going to get taken to court, and this video will show up as evidence to support this guy's case, it's excessive use of force, the kick to the melon, and the baton.

I think it's screwed up that people are siding with those crooked cops, but it doesn't surprise me.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by alyosha1981

I'm going to say it as it is...

You are completely wrong.
What you support is a police state, a dictatorship.

The system of law is in place for a reason, it is not the responsibility of any cop to meter out punishment of any kind.

I agree with you that the perp is scum, he could have killed someone. But that DOESN'T EVER justify a cop taking vigilante justice into his own hands.

It's an emotive subject to see a person acting in such a way, and knee-jerk response is "he deserved it". But the people also deserve a system where cops cannot get away with making such judgments themselves.

Again, if you support a democratic society you would have to say that the officer was wrong. To support that officer goes against the foundations of law and order, the very basic principles of a democratic and just society.

Once you allow cops to act like this and get away with it, you are one step close to a failed democracy.

My political beliefs have no bearing on my initial statement, I believe in the work that police officers undertake and I see the daunting reality that goes along with said job. my standpoint is that too many people are screaming "police brutality" and don't quite understand that criminals are more often then not just that, brutal.

I don't want some "patsy" officer patrolling my neighborhood or my city, I want somebody behind that badge that current and would be lawbreakers fear period. What we witnessed was a criminal evading arrest and endangering countless lives including his own in the act, the potential for tragedy was off the scale as it is anytime one initiates a high speed chase fleeing arrest.

I believe that the actions of the officers involved were on point and I don't see any reason for believing otherwise. The guy got a swift kick in the head, so what? now he'll be rewarded by going on a vacation where he'll be given three meals a day, free health care, access to cable t.v, and a warm bed to sleep in, all inclusive at the tax payer's expense.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Those beds aren't that warm, they give you a rubber mat, and a single blanket, but other than that, you're spot on.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yes black is a very fitting color for our USA police.

And the police wonder why people are beginning to hate them.

It's like Abu Ghraib. Give people absolute power and it will corrupt them absolutely.

This man screwed up. Upon realizing this he finally decided to try and stop the madness. He was busted. Time to lay down and give up. But no. The cops have to make him pay for daring to have such audacity.

And why did they decide to make him pay? Because they've been given a blank check to do anything they want to do now.

Our law enforcement needs to be reigned in. But who will do it?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by 3DPrisoner]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I believe that the actions of the officers involved were on point and I don't see any reason for believing otherwise. The guy got a swift kick in the head, so what? now he'll be rewarded by going on a vacation where he'll be given three meals a day, free health care, access to cable t.v, and a warm bed to sleep in, all inclusive at the tax payer's expense.

I really think you have your head in the sand, how can you as a human being justify, a police officer, who is employed to serve the public, who goes around kicking people in the head? If and when this case does come to court, I certainly hope that police officer in question is reprimanded for his actions.

If this happenned to anyone in your family, You would claim police brutality. And do not say you would not.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
OK,
Rule 1. When you commit a crime you should be punished.
Rule 2. When the police chase you, you might get hurt in the arrest.

I don't condone violence, but really, what do you expect? Break the law, endanger countless innocent lives, break more lives, and expect the cops to give you a high-five and a handshake?

These punk idiots who break the law and expect to be treated with kid gloves are ridiculous. We treat them too gently for fear of harming their rights. When you move outside the law, you surrender access to some of your rights. I know we have a Constitution and it guarantees certain rights to the accused. Criminals shouldn't have the right to expect not to bleed sometimes.

Several years ago my parent's house was burglarized. The intruder was injured in the process. He filed against my parent's insurance claiming that unsafe conditions in my father's workshop had caused his injuries. He even tried to file a suit for damages! Where do these guys get off thinking they should get anything except hard-time?

The cops in the video put their lives on the line to protect us. Their families send loved ones out each day knowing that they might not come home. Perhaps the bad guy deserved a little "wake-up" message. If more of these punks got the message there might be less for the police to chase.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by veterator]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by veterator

Several years ago my parent's house was burglarized. The intruder was injured in the process. He filed against my parent's insurance claiming that unsafe conditions in my father's workshop had caused his injuries. He even tried to file a suit for damages! Where do these guys get off thinking they should get anything except hard-time?

I see.

Unfortunately your opinion is heavily predicated upon a bias created by past events.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are neutral and applicable to all.

*BTW Working at a Convenience store is more dangerous that being a cop.

" life on the line..."

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
All of yall who say it was justified are idiotic and apparently dont know anything about the legal system, when someone commits a crime no matter how dangerous or wrong they are arrested and have the right to be convicted or proven innocent by a group of peers or a judge, the police do not have the power that we give them to punish someone for there actions that is the point of the legal system

and it wasnt just a soft tap on the head

the cop kicked the shot ouuta him you can see him loose perception and lay his head down

then the second cop beats him in the ribs with his flashlightm

and the cop with the k9 slaps the dude in the leg to indicate the dog to bite and it jumped at his leg

this is the police state we live in, and the problem is we gave them this power without any repercussions they have nothing to fear because they know many of the public will say the dude deserves it

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It was his ASP, a collapsible steel baton, not his flashlight, but it still hurts.

I know what it's like when your adrenaline gets going, and as ridiculous as it sounds, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing.

Police aren't supposed to do this kind of thing, but it happened, and both the officers and the criminal will be paying for their actions.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
that kick was no "open hand slap"
that was a toe punt to the face. and as for the dog being trained on the guys ankles.... oh yeah. the cop even grabs the guys foot to coast the dog in.

probably illegal immigrant.... like sperm you know, they say millions come only one wants to work.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
wut do you mean most illegal aliens come here to work wtf

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dreaken1993

like sperm.....millions, only one of them wants to work.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The cop that kicked the suspect has a lawyer now who claims it was a "legal" kick!!!

Kicking surrendered suspects in the head is inexcusable

And now we have an assertion and defense from the place-kicking cop's union lawyer that defies belief:

"The kick to the head delivered by an El Monte police officer to a car-chase suspect lying on the ground at the end of a televised high-speed pursuit was a legally justified “distraction blow," an attorney for the police union said today."

A "DISTRACTION BLOW"???

To distract him from doing what??

Laying on the ground???

But apparently this defense isn't going to work for this head kicking officer!!!

It's true that distraction techniques are taught to police. From the National Institute of Justice's "Citizen Review of Police Approaches & Implementation":

"Botsko and the advisers also noticed that a number of incident reports referred to officers' use of a "distraction blow" without explaining its purpose. After inquiring about the behavior, Botsko learned that the police bureau training department taught the distraction principle (e.g., pushing the driver's head while prying his or her hands off the steering wheel)-but not a blow-as a means of diverting someone's attention. Indeed, the bureau considers a blow to be a use of force that requires explanation in the incident report. It turned out that some officers had learned the distraction blow technique at the State training academy. As a result, the bureau agreed to explain during inservice training that officers always have to explain in their reports why they struck someone and refrain from using incorrect terminology."

[edit on 5/17/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Most illegal immigrants come here go gang bang and sell drugs. But let's not dive too far into that topic, I'm sure there's another thread about that somewhere.

In the NYPD, they're taught to throw their flashlights on the ground as a means of distraction, and if the criminal picks it up, they're allowed to blast them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join