It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head-kick officer caught on camera

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Mack

I agree that the perp was acting dumb endangering the lives of innocent people which is clearly shown in the video but the cop was acting dumb endangering the life of the suspect which is clearly shown in the video aswell,two wrongs don't make a right!It didnt look like a little kick in the head to me,it looked like he knocked the guy unconscious,for all you or I know the guy could be in hospital just now with severe brain injury.I don't really think people are interested in what your mom or older brother do to you,that is you private business EDIT>(just seen how this sounds....I wasnt intending To be funny or a smart ass here incase thats how its taken)but even if it is just a little kick in the head like you say the cop is clearly breaking the law and using excessive force and should be punished for this incident!

[edit on 14-5-2009 by defcon2]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

There was nothing to subdue, the "lunatic" had already subdued himself

He most certainly did commit a crime and should lose his job and stand trial just like any other criminal.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Mack

My appologies if you are in fact a non-dis-information agent.

But does this scenario seem not a little excessive to you; the guy (perp) had already surrendered? Is it the job of the cops to impart justice? Certainly not unless you live in a police state. "And I for one will not live in one!"

Sure, the guy was reckless, but then most of us have seen cops pursue people in a more reckless manner (be it tv or real-life).
Cops love it, just as soldiers get a kick from the adlenaline of battle. 'OFF TOPIC' but battle; scares the # out of you at first, it then makes you wonder what the f**k*ng pupose of all this is, then you get about saving your own skin (and of those with you), just to maybe ponder about all this at a later time.

But this does not excuse the fact that the supposed 'keepers of the peace' should believe they have the right to impart justice (physical or otherwise) to those among our communities that make mistakes.
And we have all made mistakes right? It's just that most of us did not get caught.

Peace.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just want to add some food for thought here!one of the things which we all overlook here is that when the officer kicks this guy in the head it is unclear to me whether any of his colleagues see this ...however if they did see it eg.they should arrest the cop for this,which if they did not do they are also breaking the law by overlooking a crime!however I don't know if any of his collagues seen him,I am just using this example to highlight why the public are becoming more distrustful of law enforcement and why it is so easy for people to tarnish them all with the same brush!

[edit on 14-5-2009 by defcon2]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well i just think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. The criminal (victim for some) is not even pressing charges. The ACLU that is the most court crazy organization in the world is only asking for a suspension of the police officer. The man that got kicked is not pressing charges against the police so i guess he was okay with it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Know this: Every television camera is the Eye of Sauron. And we, are all looking through it.

When the heli with the TV lens zooms in, anything it sees will be seen by us, and we will overreact or under react, accordingly.

I have come to understand this over many years of contemplation. Anything the Eye looks at, is probably gonna end up seen by the world. That is the power of Sauron. Now each of us, is going to have to man-up if you will, if we are going to have the world fed to us, through the Eye of Sauron.

So when I see this head-kick, I have a gut reaction against authority. But knowing that I am looking through the Eye of Sauron in the form of TV, then I tell myself to step back and look closer at what is happening.

All cops are putting themselves on the line. Even the bad ones, and these baddies are a low percentage of cops. Below 10% I'd say, so that's one in ten maybe? Then there's the robot-cop who is not evil, but he doesn't have a brain or a heart so he just does what he is told. Such types are maybe 40% of cops, so that's maybe 4 in 10. --Still good numbers on the whole!

I could not place my life on the line like cops do. I am glad for them, as an American. My interactions (and all of our interactions) will not happen with the cops via the Eye of Sauron/TV. No, the encounters with cops happen person-to-person. Yes, if you make them chase you, they may give you a couple extra bruises. That's true in a certain percentage of cases also.

But my point is that when we forget that we are viewing these events through the Eye of Sauron (TV cameras) then we tend to think that maybe we can resolve the worlds problems through the same mechanism. That is to say, we end up thinking that if this officer is punished, the problem will go away.

But it won't go away, until we all understand the Eye. For example, Rodney King was a crackheaded idiot endangering lives, but once the footage goes from a home camera to the news media, it becomes the Eye of Sauron through which we gaze. Now we see cops as bad and some useless idiot on the highway as the good guy? I do not think that is the correct viewpoint either.

We can only succeed on a personal level, that is to say, cops need to work on their percentages which I mentioned above, and citizens need to try to see cops as humans with families and not just 'authority'. There is an attempt to divide and conquer every neighborhood and every town in America, and it happens through the mass media, aka The Eye of Sauron.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
I hate police brutality, I hate it when power is abused, that is I hate it except if the 'victim' is a dirty scumbag who has just put decent people's lives in danger.

The ''victim'' crashed into another vehicle, nearly took un-lived lives away from people, he obviously has no respect for other people's lives so why should he be given any pity or respect if he gets a bit of a kick in the head? Boo hoo I say.

Now, before people jump on me for that ' uncivilised' attitude of mine let me again make it clear that IN GENERAL I hate police brutality, just don't ask me to have any sympathy for this lowlife who took a kick in this particular situation because he AND the police officer are just as bad as each other.

What don't you understand about the LAW?

You seem to think that police officers are Above the LAW?

Nobody is above the LAW. It doesn't matter how many lives were put at risk...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Exactly! And does Hawkwind realy think we have any more sympathy for the suspect then he?? NO! Thatys not what this is about if you think a bit.

Who gave him pity or respect?? What are you talking about Hawkwind?, nobody is sorry for the criminal.. the world aint black and white... just because we oppose what the police man did does NOT mean we are with the criminal.

Im not even gonna try to explain this to you... feel its too late for you.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

This guy could have killed an innocent during the chase, and like Chris Rock said once "If the police have to come and get you, they're bringing an ass kicking with 'them"

I find this bizzare that some members in ats find that this sort of brutality by police officers is acceptable. Would you be saying the same thing, if this happenned to someone from your family?

That police officer should be reprimanded for what he done.. He is there to serve the public not to become a viglante and dish out his own punishment which ever way he sees fit. That is what courts and judges are there for.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

All cops are putting themselves on the line. ....

....I could not place my life on the line like cops do. I am glad for them, as an American.

Give it a rest....

Police work is not even in the top ten most dangerous jobs.

Farming is more dangerous. Being a cashier is more Dangerous

Driving a taxi-cab or being a garbage man is more dangerous!

Here is the top ten most dangerous jobs - in order starting with the most dangerous. (The military isn't even on the top ten list, let alone Law Enforcement Employees.)

Timber cutters
Fishers
Pilots and navigators
Structural metal workers
Drivers-sales workers
Roofers
Electrical power installers
Farm occupations
Construction laborers
Truck drivers

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Don't forget to put forum posting in the top 3.

Meaning that list is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

Truck driving? Really?

Where's the military jobs?

Or mining? Did you know you have to pass a simulated helicopter crash in water before you're allowed on an oil rig?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm quite surprised that there are so many in support of the cop in this scenario.

There is no doubt in my mind that the "perp" was acting illegally and endangering the lives of others. That is not up for debate. It is clear and on film.

That DOESN'T, however, permit an officer of the law to impart their own justice.
It is an officer's job to protect and serve the public, it is not for him to decide if a person is guilty or not. We may know that he is guilty, but it is the job of a court of law to assert that fact and then issue punishment, not the duty of a cop on the street.

This cop was wrong. However passionate you are about people not getting away with gross crimes, it is an abuse of power and position to act in the way that this officer has.
He should immediately be suspended. There should be an investigation, and with the evidence we have seen, he should lose his job.

What if he pulled you over tomorrow, and he decided, in all his wisdom and seeming legal power of judgment, that you had broken the law. Does he therefore have the right to beat you?
No, of course not.
Would you support his right to do so because you'd broken the law? No!

If you were on the wrong end of his infinite judgment, you'd be the first to be screaming about corrupt cops and your civil rights. You'd be the first one screaming about leaving it to the law courts to issue judgment and punishment proportionately.

You can't have it both ways. Either you expect a cop to do their job and leave punishment to the courts, or you fully accept a police state where an officer is responsible for (or can get away with) any action they please without being held accountable.

There is no gray area here. They both broke the law, the cop was violent and wrong. Both should face appropriate punishment as decided BY A COURT OF LAW.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I don't know what all of the whining is about, the guy deserved to get roughed up, DON'T RUN FROM THE POLICE! and slam into other cars! I think he should have got two! no really, the criminal element is friggin out of control I bet none of you would be screaming police brutality if this poo wad had run over a child in the process of his crazed fleeing, regardless I hope he uses his head next time, oh pun intended.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

So if the police officer in question had inflicted injury on that guy, where he was hospilised or even killed, you would say that he is justified?

Well I am just glad that you are not a police officer, at least my kids will be safe from gun ho people like you.

Such blatant ignorance, the police are there to serve the public, enforce the law, not to act judge and jury by, dishing out thier own sense of justice. Its a no wonder alot of people do not have respect for the law enforcement agencies.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I just read that article on Yahoo News. After watching the video, I was completely disgusted. The suspect was face down on the ground and had his whole body spread to indicate he was submitting and was not carrying anything. A officer then walks over and kicks him in the head. The flop of the head after the kick is really horrible to watch. I wonder if the officer was wearing steel caps, because a kick like that even with a normal shoe can do so much damage to the target.

I can see huge upheaval and unrest if these police officers don't face justice for their despicable actions. I really do hope that this is a one-off unfortunate event that does not show the true nature of the average officer.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

I'm going to say it as it is...

You are completely wrong.
What you support is a police state, a dictatorship.

The system of law is in place for a reason, it is not the responsibility of any cop to meter out punishment of any kind.

I agree with you that the perp is scum, he could have killed someone. But that DOESN'T EVER justify a cop taking vigilante justice into his own hands.

It's an emotive subject to see a person acting in such a way, and knee-jerk response is "he deserved it". But the people also deserve a system where cops cannot get away with making such judgments themselves.

Again, if you support a democratic society you would have to say that the officer was wrong. To support that officer goes against the foundations of law and order, the very basic principles of a democratic and just society.

Once you allow cops to act like this and get away with it, you are one step close to a failed democracy.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
And police wonder why they're called pigs. The guy lies down with his arms spread waiting and he gets a kick in the head, a few hits with a baton and a knee pushed down into his back.

What was that song by N.W.O again ?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Thats exactly why these moronic police get away with it. There's always some stupid citizen backing them up and thinking it's justified. I just watched a video where someone's wife was stripped by police and left naked all night in a jail cell - and she was the person who called 911 for help!

To those people who defend the police in this situation and use the excuse that the perps deserved it because they might have run over a child, I hope you're still pleased when your wife is stripped by officers and video taped and then left naked all night, I hope you're real pleased because you indirectly allow this to continue with your total inability to correctly grasp the concept of right and wrong.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Give it a rest....

It is well rested.

Police work is not even in the top ten most dangerous jobs.

First, don't misunderstand me, this officer should be relieved of duty and given counseling to deal with anger issues. Also they should be potentially charged with assault against a helpless prone individual. Okay? Yes, I'm feeling the anger.

You could not pay me enough to perform traffic stops routinely. Some people are just hungry for either authority or they want to be heroes? I don't understand cops, but I know they are armed for a reason and its because the bad guys have more guns. If I am armed and the cop is armed and we are both good people, then the criminal is outnumbered, and that is a good thing. Sure, I know the cop probably took the job because he likes power but maybe that's not the only reason. Maybe he or she is a good person inside. I can say I try to give every cop the benefit of that argument.

I do not agree with cop brutality but for some idiotic sixties-children rejects to call all police officers "pigs" is patently stupid. What discourse can come from that?

We are living in a nation run by super-criminals who have looted us, and it is these people who give orders to judges, lawyers and finally, cops. You gonna get upset about random cops brutality now? If so, then the script is going to plan.

FACT: In an increasingly criminal America, cops will be saviors of the innocent and defenders of life in many unseen moments. They are the good guys, even if some percentages are evil. As with all professions (doctors also) some will be evil bastid and most will be decent.

It's far too late to be worried about isolated events like these in America or any country now. It's like fretting over a mosquito bite when the patient has liver failure and is bleeding from all orifices. I am guessing we'll see more boiling-over videos but remember that everything seen through the Eye of Sauron (TV) becomes magnified and that is to the benefit of the LOOTERS!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by smallpeeps]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I don't understand how anyone can possibly think what this officer did was ok. That doesn't mean I dismiss what the guy did either, but the officer is not the judge jury and executioner! This cop should not only loose his job he should be charged with a crime. Imagine what would happen to you if you kicked an officer in the head like that you would probably be shot and killed on the spot. We really need to start living by the rule of law again cops and politicians seem to be above it right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join