It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head-kick officer caught on camera

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Head-kick officer caught on camera

uk.yahoo.com

US police are under fire again after an officer was filmed apparently kicking a suspect in the head.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.foxnews.com

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Apparently, and according to foxnews an internal investigation is being carried out by El Monte police in California.

I doubt however that any investigation would have been contemplated had it not been filmed, and then distributed.

There is absolutely no excuse what so ever for the behaviour shown by the police on this video.(Sorry, I couldn't upload the video?).

Excessive and totally unnecessary.
Check out the dog handler training the dog onto this guys ankles.

In my opinion, every person needs to arm themselves with a camera at all times and record (and upload) any of this behaviour should you see it happening. Not to vilify the police but to educate them and let them know that we will not tolerate a fully fledged police state.

Peace.

uk.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i have to agree with you on this it is not the police officers job to constitute the punishment in this case. yes what the guy driving the car did was wrong, but it is stupid of the police to kick the man when he is laying down in a submissive position giving up. this was totally uncalled for.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
THe guy doing the audio says "Ooohh... He kicked him in the shoulder"....
but looked like a head shot dead on the money to me. I'd say that was excessive. THe cops overstepped his bounds for sure, when all he had to do was slap the cuffs on the guy. What a group of professionals, huh?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I hate police brutality, I hate it when power is abused, that is I hate it except if the 'victim' is a dirty scumbag who has just put decent people's lives in danger.

The ''victim'' crashed into another vehicle, nearly took un-lived lives away from people, he obviously has no respect for other people's lives so why should he be given any pity or respect if he gets a bit of a kick in the head? Boo hoo I say.

Now, before people jump on me for that ' uncivilised' attitude of mine let me again make it clear that IN GENERAL I hate police brutality, just don't ask me to have any sympathy for this lowlife who took a kick in this particular situation because he AND the police officer are just as bad as each other.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Maybe he was trying to knock some sense into the idiots head.

I mean, how often does one get away from the cops when it is broad daylight, there is a helicopter and several cops chasing you.

I actually didn't really see the kick to the head.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Found video on Youtube.

Kick was totally unnecessary!

It also looked like the officer with the police dog was contemplating getting his dog to bite the suspects leg!

link   
This guy could have killed an innocent during the chase, and like Chris Rock said once "If the police have to come and get you, they're bringing an ass kicking with 'them"

link   
Whether it is allowable under law and police regulation, I do not know. However, that guy NEEDED to be kicked in the head. He is lucky he didnt kill somebody. You have to understand the officer is all jacked up on adrenaline, so he is not even in his right mind at that point. That guy got far less than he deserved though.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Right to the temple on that one..I cant get how blatent it was..I mean he was layed out expecting cuf,and a camera above...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No excuse. This is a blatant example of EXACTLY why there is resentment toward the police.

Sure, the guy deserved it. He put other peoples lives in danger by driving recklessly....but that is why we have a justice system......TO DOLE OUT JUSTICE.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Okay I see it know.

Not exactly the kick I was expecting.

That kick was like an open handed slap to the back of the head. As if he was saying you moron, I should beat the crap out of you.

Don't start assuming what he was going to do with the dog. They both were running and stopped suddenly. Don't you think its possible for the dog to have pulled the cop a little? My dog does it to me when we go running.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy

Sure, the guy deserved it. He put other peoples lives in danger by driving recklessly....but that is why we have a justice system......TO DOLE OUT JUSTICE.

There are times, when the suspect represents a danger to the public or police that extreme and violent action is required. This is not one of those times.

When chickensh*t cops abuse their power like this (apparently because the cop was pissed because he had to run) it reinforces the negative view so many have of law enforcement. Worse yet, it tarnishes the image of the thousands of brave and wonderful men and women who take their responsibilities as law enforcement offers, very seriously.

This guy is a disgrace and deserves any punishment he gets.

link   
The mainsteam media is playing up all this police brutality not to help the citizens, but to polarize the citizens and the police. They want to create so much friction between the two so when the time comes the cops will have no problem following orders because the only other alternative will be to join the people who have been conditioned to despise them.

Doesn't make police brutality right, but that's what's really going on here. Nobody's looking out for your best interests.

Peace

link   
Geez, perhaps the cop was a little pissed after this guy put innocent people's lives at risk with that high speed chase? What if the guy had killed a pregnant woman with his car? Would anyone still have cared if he got a kick in the head at his arrest?

Let's keep things in perspective here, the cop didn't kick a pregnant woman in the head at a peaceful teaparty or something. Sure he needs to be a professional but even professionals make minor slip-ups which I think this was in light of what the perp just put them through.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sounded like to me the guy on the audio got directions to claim it was a shoulder kick so as to misinform and hide/lessen any wrongdoing. As both guys are idiots, that's teh most disgusting thing to me in this video....shoulder, yeah right. More like

"my brains are leakin' outta my head!!"

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gechan

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Whether it is allowable under law and police regulation, I do not know. However, that guy NEEDED to be kicked in the head. He is lucky he didnt kill somebody. You have to understand the officer is all jacked up on adrenaline, so he is not even in his right mind at that point. That guy got far less than he deserved though.

It does not matter what the suspect might have done during the chase or that the officers might have been pumped up with adrenaline!

It is not a law enforcement officers job to punish a suspect, only arrest them!

It is SUPPOSE to be decided in a court of law, once a suspect is found guilty, what their punishment should be!

Not just doled out by officers at their whim because they may be upset with a suspect!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Psynarchist

The thing with the cops tho is they walk around with this heir of professionalism, yet they don't practice it, and don't even punish those who act unprofessional.
I don't agree that women, pregnant or not, have any more rights than this man.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
Right to the temple on that one..I cant get how blatent it was..I mean he was layed out expecting cuf,and a camera above...

I would even say that the cop could of curled his toe under a bit and got him in the face.. Maybe.

Do cops wear steel toecaps normally over there? either way a size 11 in the head hurts (I can contest to that!)

Mind you that guy (the crim) could easily of hurt or killed an innocent, he was clearly going for broke and the cop was wound up in the heat of the chase... Without knowing the cops background I would have to say give him a fair hearing and a severe reprimand, but he should keep his job on the strength of that video.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Its not like that kick knocked him out or did any type of damage. He barely kicked him.

I'm suprised nobody is complaining about the officer who wailed on his arm with his nightstick.

I bet you the criminal is complaining more about his arm then his head.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join