It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Accuses CIA of Misleading Congress on Waterboarding

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

If she was smart she could say that she was drinking a lot
of ice tea that day and was in the ladies room when that
whole waterboarding thing was discussed.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rockieboy

You watched a complete Racheal Madow interview?

Do you feel alright?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
Has anyone seen this bit with Jon Stewart?

www.thedailyshow.com...

He pretty much calls her out on lying through her teeth.

Great stuff!

Thank you I wanted to see that.

Is there anyone left that trust Pelosi?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I bet all the people in San Fran who keeps voting her back in! I bet, if she runs again - she will keep her position!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I bet all the people in San Fran who keeps voting her back in! I bet, if she runs again - she will keep her position!

Yes, how exactly does that happen?

Why I don't get why people keep voting the bums back into office.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
WHOA WHOA WHOA - HOLD THE PHONE

Did anyone catch what Pelosi just said??? I just saw it flash by on MSNBC and it looks like a blogger at the Boston Globe caught it also:

"They didn't tell us everything they were doing," she told reporters. "We had to get a new president to change the policy."

www.boston.com...

Does that strike anyone else as just a bit suspicious??? To me that statement casts the whole recent election in a very suspicious light.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by sos37]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I'm suspicious of everything that comes out of Pelosi's mouth. Are you implying a rigged election?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Pelosi today: “At the same time, the Bush administration was misleading the American people about the threats of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq,”

Pelosi when Bush was still a governor of Texas in 1998!

"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am
keenly aware that the proliferation of chemical and
biological weapons is an issue of grave importance to all
nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the
development of weapons of mass destruction technology
which is a threat to countries in the region and he has
made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (Democrat, California)
Statement on US Led Military Strike Against Iraq
December 16, 1998

Pelosi in 2002

"Saddam Hussein certainly has chemical and
biological weapons. There's no question about that."

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (Democrat, California)
During an interview on "Meet The Press"
November 17, 2002

Pelosi when Bush was still a governor of Texas?!!!!

WOW keep track people, she said this before Bush was president.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
That presser was so uncomfortable to watch. When under pressure, just read and re-read your prepared statement, that is sure to convince us...
She is running scared.

I think it is a serious mistake for the Dems to keep her in that position. I sincerely hope this is all part of a bigger picture to remove that self-absorbed nutter from her lofty position. If the Dems are smart, that's what they'll do.

[edit on 14/5/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by soldiermom

I'm not sure. I think Pelosi just came dangerously close to admitting to underhanded and possibly even illegal actions to get Obama elected, even if it meant feeding disinfo to America, making sure that judges dismissed any court challenges to Obama's natural-born status, making hundreds of thousands of donations to his campaign fund in the amount of $200 or less (so the identity is kept secret) and just swept any negative info about him under the rug so America couldn't scrutinize Obama properly before the election. They might have even strong-armed journalists into not asking any pre-approved questions and made threats if they did otherwise.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The accusations by Pelosi are nothing more than a smoke screen for the stuff that may be getting ready to hit.the fan.

I predict she will soon be involved in some form of scandal and she is preparing by putting the spotlight on others to draw attention away from herself.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is what happens when moderate democrats become beholden at best and imprisoned at worst by the far-left moonbats and ACLU types that don't live in reality.

Pelosi is lying through her teeth because she comes from Moonbat Central, and she knows if she gives even the slightest appearance of agreeing with a Bush policy, or even having never objected to one (also known as tacit agreement) she is out the door.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by soldiermom

I'm not sure. I think Pelosi just came dangerously close to admitting to underhanded and possibly even illegal actions to get Obama elected, even if it meant feeding disinfo to America, making sure that judges dismissed any court challenges to Obama's natural-born status, making hundreds of thousands of donations to his campaign fund in the amount of $200 or less (so the identity is kept secret) and just swept any negative info about him under the rug so America couldn't scrutinize Obama properly before the election. They might have even strong-armed journalists into not asking any pre-approved questions and made threats if they did otherwise.

Holy cow sos, it sure seems like it doesn't it?

Nothing about the election made any sense to me, I like how your mind works.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
She sounded like she was trying to convince herself that her prepared statement was true. She couldn't even remember what was on the statement. Either she is in the early stages of Alzheimer's or she is having issues with the truth. Either way, by displaying this lack of credibility, she is making herself look highly unqualified for her job

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Have you guys noticed that MSM is only focusing on the torture aspect of this information? Totally ignoring all the other reasons to pay attention to this...namely that the war in Iraq was a deception at the least, and an outright lie at the most.

For those that keep labeling people by their party affiliation, please realize there are good and bad people in each party. The majority of them are liars on both sides of the isle. Determining good from bad is hard enough, and there is no reason to call the left bad/good or the right bad/good. We distract ourselves from the real issue of truth when we label people as good/bad based only on party affiliation.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

It wouldn't be surprising. I think before too much more time has passed, the democratic party will realize they put too much stock in her. She can't lie worth a hoot. If your suspicions are correct, she's made herself a liability by the simple fact that she can't lie without giving herself away. Hopefully, she won't be around much longer.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
#1 Rule: Don't mess with the CIA nor claim that the CIA is lying.
#2 If reading #1 does not penetrate any of your brain cells, one can always remember those who screwed with the CIA in the past: Kennedy and Nixon.
#3 Don't mince words: "mislead" = lied.
#4 Pelosi is in deep kimchi.
#5 I got a tingle up my leg when I watched her repeatedly squirm today.
#6 If all comprehension fails, re-read #1.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

#5 I got a tingle up my leg when I watched her repeatedly squirm today.

good one.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I think it's plausible she was briefed on the subject of "possible enhanced interrogation techniques" while simultaneously being lied to and not given all of the facts concerning its current and past use.

The actual use of the torture could be a higher need to know. The majority and minority leaders of the House and Senate Committees on Intelligence are briefed on black operations, but the very deep black ops can be waived. In that case, only an extremely vague description of the program is given to Congress.

And on top of that, there are special access programs contained within other SAPs. So only people fully briefed on the primary SAP have knowledge of the inner SAP.

edit: basically at this point, I'm sympathetic. Any student of intelligence knows it's the CIA's job to lie. The only way to know for sure is to read the actual briefs she had. I think she asked for them to be downgraded. They can have a judge with a security clearance look at over. Put her under oath.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Schaden]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
She is either lying or incompetent.

Either she sat in the brief and heard everything or she wasn't paying attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join