It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Accuses CIA of Misleading Congress on Waterboarding

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Pelosi Accuses CIA of Misleading Congress on Waterboarding

www.foxnews.com

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday accused the CIA of misleading Congress about its use of enhanced interrogation techniques used on terror detainees.

"Yes I am saying the CIA was misleading the Congress and at the same time the (Bush) administration was misleading the Congress on weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, to which I said that this intelligence doesn't support the imminent threat," Pelosi said at her weekly news conference.

"Every step of the way the administration was misleading the Congress and that is the issue and that's why we need a truth commission," she added
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is breaking news. It's about time these people turned inward on themselves. There is great progress being made for the good of all people in this world, and this is now the kick start of the beginning. Things just moved into high gear after this revelation causing the CIA to immediately issue a statement accusing Pelosi of lying. The facts are someone is lying and this is a huge crisis internally for the PTB.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-5-2009 by ExPostFacto]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
All that did is make alot of nasty people mad..IE CIA

watch for them to bite the hand that feeds..

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Nancy Pelosi accusing others of being misleading. WOW!

Oh yeah, Nancy's got a whole lot of credibility with me.
She can just get in her big military plane and fly herself and her entourage of 20-30 back to CA.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Pelosi is a delusional liar.

She's power hungry, she's fluffing up for her San Francisco crowd, and any party that would turn to that woman like her to lead them is one sorry-assed group.

Is this the best America has?

Apparently so.

God help us.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rundog

Yeah I don't much trust Pelosi at all...but you have to admit when they start accusing each other of lying that is a great thing for the real truth to come out to the general public. I personally think both are lying. Pelosi was a pawn, given a position of importance and told to cover for them.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

ABSOLUTELY! And a flake.

I watched live on TV as she spewed and squirmed with this.

I can't believe she's two heartbeats from the Oval Office.

I pray Obama stays healthy and is safe for his entire term
(however long it may be).

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's pretty apparent who's lying here. How many times is Pelosi going to change her story? That's indicative of someone who's been caught in a lie and has to continuously change their story in order to keep treading water. How could anyone lend her any credence regarding ANYTHING?!?!

I hope she's exposed for the fraud and liar she is.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ahh nothing like ragging on Pelosi- its honestly my new favorite celebrity-bashing. She's just such a hatable person.

"It's not fair, I was misled- waah, waah" -Shut UP, Just SHUT UP!!!!
She is the most political politician I can think of.
And to all the bleeding-heart type Democrats out there-ESPECIALLY in her district- I know you like to think with your heart and not your brain but can't you see how the supposed bleeding-heart Democrats you elect aren't really on your side? Isn't it obvious Pelosi doesn't value what you value but is instead is just another power-hungry political dog? Do me a favor and stop casting your stupid, unintelligible votes on these hacks- it's ruining my country.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Don't be fooled, she is just making a poor attempt at playing chess

Pelosi is a complete liar
She threatened martial law if the bailouts weren't approved remember
which means she's in the pockets of bankers and who knows who else

LOL what a joke
it used to be corrupt republicans vs. corrupt democrats
now it's corrupt republicans vs. corrupt democrats vs. corrupt CIA

HEY WAIT A MINUTE???????????

What's these sudden attack on the CIA?
Are they trying to replace the CIA with Homeland inSecurity?

Is that what DHS is? A remake of the CIA?
Something to think about

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That is something I hadn't considered about CIA being made part of DHS. Thanks for bringing that up as a possibility. Although, it's hard to pinpoint the bad guy out of all of this because they all smile, say status quo words to the public, while secretly doing something different. It's hard to figure out where the truth will lead.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this bit with Jon Stewart?

www.thedailyshow.com...

He pretty much calls her out on lying through her teeth.

Great stuff!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
Has anyone seen this bit with Jon Stewart?

www.thedailyshow.com...

He pretty much calls her out on lying through her teeth.

Great stuff!

Yeah she is flip flopping around. Great video by the way. Is it possible too much pressure she is actually now trying to tell the truth? All liars have to either tell a lie or a truth. The question is which is this recent revelation?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Modern, that's an interesting observation. Possibly replacing the CIA with some of these recently developed agencies.

Some of those old boys may not take that very well.

I know the last time they were slated to take a back seat to the DOD, that didn't work out too well. Kennedy coincidentally was assassinated. And when his brother began to really roll in the polls for President, oddly, he was assassinated too.

Such coincidences!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Why do they seem to throw insults at Bush everytime they are uncomfortable with what they are saying. Notice she accused the CIA of misleading Congress and then brought up Bush and Iraq.

Its like they know people will agree with that part so they say it to detract from the rest of what is said.

The best thing.

It doesn't work anymore(well for most of us anyways.)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My biggest question in all of on going "I didn't know"(the fed, and government) is why didn't you care to know. If you look the other way during a crime, and your responsible for the well being of that victim, then you your self are just as guilty as the criminal.

I will say this, we the people, are finally not taking the Bulshyt any more. I feel we are making big strides in the quest for a clean country. We are no where close, but we seem to have found the directions.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

I agree with you. This is a huge deal. Congress has the ability to legislate laws to prohibit anything they want. They are implicit in this as much as the Fed. The fact is they knew this was going on, and they did nothing to stop it. The big part about this not being discussed is that the MSM is only focused on the torture element. Pelosi stated the whole war in Iraq was misrepresented as well. This adds fuel to the fire who think 9/11 was nothing more than a power grab.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

She's power hungry, she's fluffing up for her San Francisco crowd, and any party that would turn to that woman like her to lead them is one sorry-assed group.

Is this the best America has?

Apparently so.

God help us.

We have finally found common ground.

-----

She obviously came out with this to combat the story from last week that she had been briefed on the waterbording years ago.

So is this her admiting that she was briefed, but claiming she was lied to about it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
In Pelosi's interview with Rachel Maddow she talked about how the CIA told her of these techniques, but they didn't state that they were using them. Rachel pushed the questioning forward and asked if the CIA told her that they were NOT using them, Pelosi said that they did not specify that either. From Rachel's questioning it brought forward the fact that Pelosi didn't bother asking if the interrogation techniques were or weren't being implemented. Both parties probably walked away with a sense of relief. The CIA assumed that the speaker is fully briefed on the interrogation techniques, approves of them, and their asses are covered. Pelosi probably walked away thinking that they didn't specifically state that they were using these techniques and that her ass is covered too; if this briefing became public she could say that she wasn't fully briefed...plausible deniability.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-5-2009 by rockieboy]

[edit on 14-5-2009 by rockieboy]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Pelosi better lock herself in a very secure hidden room....or she might find herself suicidal or maybe in some car accident or suddenly sick with a deadly case of swine flu. Of all people to accuse of lying - the CIA is the last I would mess with and accuse of such things!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join