It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Downtown ATL at Arts Center Sealed Right Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I just got off the MARTA train. As soon as I get upstairs at least 20 cop cars of all types are swarming the area. Cops are running around telling people to go further down the street and are now setting up perimeters on the main streets downtown. The report is a suspicious package left right outside of the train station.

(The train station is the public transportation that goes all over in and out of ATL.)

News cameras just pulled up so should have something up on the web in a little while.

Anyone else in the ATL area heard about this?

As I was leaving, HAZMAT and a bomb squad were just pulling up.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Have you moved to a safe location? I don't believe I'd stay in a place where the bomb squad was working to dismantle a "suspicious package".

Even nurses, who can be charged with abandonment for leaving patients, can leave during bomb threats.

Be safe.

link   
I've been scanning the web and can't find anything on this. Do you have any updates yet?

link   
If anything does happen, your best bet is to get out of the area ASAP. Make phone calls to your family and friends and arrange for a place to meet up safely.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
www.wsbtv.com...

ATLANTA -- MARTA police confirm officials were called to investigate a suspicious object at the Arts Center Station on West Peachtree Street. That object has since been determined not to be dangerous.

Andrea Coleman with MARTA said the suspicious object was in the bus loop.

Officials cleared out the bus area where pedestrians stand. They were loading and unloading bus passengers from the 15th Street side of the station. MARTA officials said rail service was not affected.

Police sent a robot in to the station to check out the package. An official was able to take an X-ray of the object and investigators determined the object was not dangerous.

News Chopper 2 flew over the scene and reporter Jason Durden saw an official turn the object upside down and liquid came out, as if it was a thermos.

The station was closed during the situation but it has since reopened.

Maybe this will help....I don't have any other comments..... thanks for the heads up!

[edit on Thu May 14th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.wsbtv.com...

nothing dangerous was found. end of story.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
More likely a bag of dirty diapers.

Oh well, the terror attack the PTB desperately wants will come another day after all then.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i hope i didnt sound alarming in my post. just thought i would give a heads up just in case something crazy did happen.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
thanks for lookin out. im about an hour south and new nothing of this.

watch the liquid be some super version of the flu left behind by cdc officials to "jumpstart" the flu panic....

man i hope not....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

Oh well, the terror attack the PTB desperately wants will come another day after all then.

I'm curious. If the PTB actually wanted a terror attack to happen as desperately as you suggest, wouldn't they just arrange for one?

I mean, who would stop them? They are the PTB, right? And EVERYONE knows the PTB can cause the STHTF ASAP.

At least IMO

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
After the Pelosi accusation this morning I wonder if the PTB need a distraction quickly.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
www.wsbtv.com...

Here is the incident on a news report.

Suspicious Object At MARTA Arts Center Station Not Dangerous Posted: 11:18 am EDT May 14, 2009Updated: 12:11 pm EDT May 14, 2009 ATLANTA -- MARTA police confirm officials were called to investigate a suspicious object at the Arts Center Station on West Peachtree Street. That object has since been determined not to be dangerous. Andrea Coleman with MARTA said the suspicious object was in the bus loop. Officials cleared out the bus area where pedestrians stand. They were loading and unloading bus passengers from the 15th Street side of the station. MARTA officials said rail service was not affected. Police sent a robot in to the station to check out the package. An official was able to take an X-ray of the object and investigators determined the object was not dangerous. News Chopper 2 flew over the scene and reporter Jason Durden saw an official turn the object upside down and liquid came out, as if it was a thermos. The station was closed during the situation but it has since reopened.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yet another example of the Fear Society we all now live in. Its a shame when litter can be considered such a threat.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well it's nice to see them at least respond to the situation in a timely manner.

However, I do agree that fear has become a driving force in the war against our minds, and sometimes I wonder if they aren't creating these little "incidents" just to remind us of what "could" happen.

We live in a very strange world indeed...

~Keeper

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

However, I do agree that fear has become a driving force in the war against our minds, and sometimes I wonder if they aren't creating these little "incidents" just to remind us of what "could" happen.

~Keeper

In fairness, we don't have to react to every "incident," with such fear. Every report causes some to immediately take cover and await the coming apocalypse.

new topics

top topics

join