It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadliest Warrior. Spike's hit show.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I see a lot of talk about weapons that members would want in a shtf situation. Deadliest Warrior has a great many weapons and they test them scientifically:

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course there is going to be discrepancies as this wouldn't be considered an "exact science but there's a pantload of info there and probably some weapons you may have not heard of. It's also entertaining as hell. Check it out.

Edit: To add a Youtube video:

[edit on 14-5-2009 by intrepid]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
But the Spartan can KILL the Ninja.

I laughed for a few mins after he said that.
IMO .. I think the Viking Warrior would put them all to shame.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I think the Viking Warrior would put them all to shame.

That was episode 2. The Great Ax was formidable but he fell to the Samurai. It was close though. Something like 520-480.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I want to see the Yakuza vs Mafia, it was on but I missed it though.
Looking forward to seeing more of these shows.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I don't really think their technique is "science" more or less video games.

I believe we should take men dressed in full Ninja/Samurai/Viking/Spartan and put them in a huge arena and have them fight to the death. Do this once a week for a year, and see who averages the most kills/surviving.

I know I know.. barbaric... our society couldn't stomach it..

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The one I was most impressed with was the Green Barets entrenching tool. Its a folding shovel and it cleaved through a skull

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
haha how are they going to test weapons in they can't even use them!

plain silly, get someone who was brought up from birth to be a warrior and give them the spear, sword, whatever and maybe we'll see how effective they are.

Haha right javlins aren't going to kill anyone -they worked fairly well through history - a lot of ghosts might disagree with them on that lol.

interesting none the less, although give me a good short bow and a stout single hander to bash against my round shield any day!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yeah, that's a pretty cool show.
I don't know how accurate their data is, or how their combat simulation program works exactly, but it's interesting to watch.

I just wish they could keep the trash talk down. The true warrior, I believe, has no need for any of that crap.

A note that has absolutely nothing to do with anything- each time I've seen the show, the warrior I hope will win, does.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Entertaining show...

Although i lol alot watching it.

The same guy who did the narration for 300 (So Dramatic
) and watching the dudes getting into verbal fights is awful, although funny...

Also i think there so called simulator is far from a simulator and is just a game engine.

And there match ups are a bit odd... Wouldnt it have been better to do Gladiator,Knight,Spartan or Viking warriors against each other and i thought it would be obvious to do Pirate vs Ninja (although pirate would have won due to firearms)

Mafia beating Yakuza is bad aswell.. Thug with ice pick beats a trained fighter with a Sai?!?!?! i dont think so...

If you like this show, you should watch Mind,Body and Kick Ass Moves its pretty cool, Is a guy going through China and Japan and see the old school masters using there Chi/Ki and showing and teaching the guy some of there moves.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yeah the show is entertaining but the point of this thread is to show people the weaponry that is used. Like what Rockpuck said about the Viking. The Great Ax was devestating. Cleaved the torso in half. Impressed the hell out of everyone. They've shown weapons I had never heard of before as well.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
nice that was a great show. not seen these before.

i like to play rome total war and medieval.

pretty much spartans were the best ever. and this was one on one, which is kinda unfair, cus spartans would be supported by about 60 others all facing you.

spears go POKEY POKEY and everyone else falls down. cant hurt them. just a wall of bronze and spikes. calvary couldnt do crap, and if you put them in a hole, no infantry could either.

could beat the whole game with 2 armys of spartan and some cretan archers and a couple calvary to pick up those that ran away

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I would love to see the following match ups:

*Spartan VS. Gladiator

*Knight VS. Viking

*Samurai VS. Ninja

*Apache VS. Pirate

*Spartan VS. Knight

*Gladiator VS. Viking

*Samurai VS. Apache

*Pirate VS. Ninja

*Knight VS. Samurai

[edit on 5/14/2009 by DarkElvis]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
The one I was most impressed with was the Green Barets entrenching tool. Its a folding shovel and it cleaved through a skull

That was an awesome show.

I wouldn't want to mess with either one but those russian dudes(forget their names) are real life, dont give a crap, don't feel pain, will kill you without a thought Rambos.

Those Green Berets were gettign excited and defensive and those Russians didn't give a crap, they knew they were better, I didn't see none of them get defensive about their weapons. They showed up and let their weapons do the talking.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
IMO its a cool idea for a show and I would watch/enjoy it

but obviously its a load of crap.... it depends on the skill of the person. and there is no average fighter... everyone is different. so you cant compare ninja to spartan or any of this crap

everyone swings their weapon at different speeds with different styles.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The Spetznaz and Green Beret episode was pretty amusing. Really liked that shotgun the Spetznaz had. However when it came down to close range weapons, the e-tool was pretty damn hardcore. I wonder if they would ever do an episode with a Seal team on there? Would be pretty cool to see what would happen.

I seem to recall seeing a show a few years back about ninjas and how the Seals were quite similar in some of the tactics etc. I can't recall the name, but it was a pretty interesting show.

new topics

top topics

join