It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish UFO Archive Opened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Swedish group opens "worlds largest" UFO Archive The worlds largest ufo archive, with over 18,000 Swedish reports, pictures, and foreign reports over mysterious happenings was opened to the general public in Norrkoping in eastern Sweden Sunday. The Swedish association held lectures on Saturday and 175 people attended. www.phantomsandmonsters.com

[edit on 5/14/2009 by PammyK]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That is pretty cool, i cant wait to see just what all they have stored. Would be a pretty interesting investigation

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
Swedish group opens "worlds largest" UFO Archive The worlds largest ufo archive, with over 18,000 Swedish reports, pictures, and foreign reports over mysterious happenings was opened to the general public in Norrkoping in eastern Sweden Sunday. The Swedish association held lectures on Saturday and 175 people attended. phantomsandmonsters.com

[edit on 5/14/2009 by PammyK]

blue link goes nowhere, i guess we'll have to google it...but thanks for the heads up...should be interesting.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Link fixed, sorry

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It sure seems like countries around the world are "showing what they got" these days. This is so exciting to me! I hope the US does the same this year.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It sure seems like countries around the world are "showing what they got" these days. This is so exciting to me! I hope the US does the same this year.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly, you've got more chance of Bush and Obama making sweet love on the whitehouse lawn.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... moldova ufo

[edit on 14-5-2009 by olegarch]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here's a link to the story in the OP

It was only open one day.

The archive is now closed once more, as the association works on a voluntary basis and does not have the time to do more than show the archive to, for example, researchers.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by venividivici]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly, you've got more chance of Bush and Obama making sweet love on the whitehouse lawn.

That is a lot more realistic than you probably realize.....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

Thanks for that link!!!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
if you do five minutes of research...it says that "THE MOST SENSITIVE FILES WILL NOT BE RELEASED"....oh well...nice try sweden.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by olegarch
www.youtube.com... moldova ufo

[edit on 14-5-2009 by olegarch]

wtf? I strongly believe in UFO's, but this video crosses the line. Sorry, but I think it's pretty obvious this isn't real.

Also, I think it's ridiculous that the Swedish who have the "worlds largest" UFO archive only have it open for one day. Did they even give the people info that they would show such a thing? Or did people simply stumble upon it?

175 people attended the lecture and only 70 people actually viewed the archives. How can anyone possibly sift threw all 1800 reports to find some hard evidence if any. Why aren't the archives open for public for good like a library. It's like they are teasing the public.

"We have the "worlds largest" UFO archive! It's only open for one day then we are going back to hiding. LULZ!"

Oh, upon reading the article again it said the archives are open but you need to arrange and appointment. That's alright I guess.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
if you do five minutes of research...it says that "THE MOST SENSITIVE FILES WILL NOT BE RELEASED"....oh well...nice try sweden.

I should have known. What's the point of opening the archive then. People only want the hard evidence. If they are going to keep these files secret, they should STFU until they do. How sensitive could they possibly be anyway.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
From the original article it says word for word:

Swedish group opens 'world's largest' UFO archive

The world's largest UFO archive, with over 18,000 Swedish reports, pictures and foreign reports over mysterious happenings was opened to the general public in Norrköping in eastern Sweden on Sunday.

"There was a great interest," said Clas Svahn at UFO Sweden.

A Swedish pilot in a Draken plane was flying over Småland in a training exercise in the 1970s. He received the order to break the exercise and fly towards an unidentified object lying still on the water.

As he approached the object suddenly shoots straight up - and the pilot takes up the chase. Despite full speed the pilot soon loses the object and it is never identified.

The event which confounded the pilot, is just one of the reports recorded in the world's largest UFO archive in Norrköping in eastern Sweden. It is one of up to 1,000 reports worth taking a closer look at, according to Clas Svahn.

The Swedish UFO association held a series of lectures on Saturday in connection with the temporary opening of the archive.

"175 came to listen and there was a great interest. There were more than we have seen in recent years and there was a serious interest. We are very happy," he said.

There were then around 70 people in Norrköping for the opening of the archive on Sunday.

The archive is now closed once more, as the association works on a voluntary basis and does not have the time to do more than show the archive to, for example, researchers.

"One can come and have a look but in that case you have to arrange an appointment."

In response to the question over whether he believes in the existence of UFOs, Svahn answered:

"I am completely convinced that there is life in space. If life can exist here then it can exist elsewhere. But can they travel here? There is no conclusive evidence, but I do not want to answer for certain. There are mysterious phenomena that we can not identify, and they are not only optical illusions," Clas Svahn said.

I don't see any mention in the original article of Swedish governmental involvement. Am I missing something? I've done some digging and most article I've read seems to skim over who it is exactly that's releasing these documents.

According to this article, it sounds like it's the private group UFO Sweden, not the Swedish government. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by olegarch

STOP SPAMMING THIS VIDEO IN EVERY THREAD. IT'S A FAKE.

GO AWAY.

top topics

join