It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Crashed Disc? PIC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Crashed Disc on Mars?
Found this one on the Mars HiRise site this morning.
If its a rock, its got a very interesting shape!

The Image is here

ESP_012940_1655_RGB.NOMAP.JP2

X: 12230
Y: 15550

+5 more 
posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Sweet Jesus, you're really grasping at straws here

Are you honestly holding this up as evidence, or did you just feel like making a post?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by super70
Crashed Disc on Mars? If its a rock, its got a very interesting shape!

It is interesting, but perhaps not definitive. Anyway, I'm giving you a star for your avatar...the more we see it, the better this site becomes.

Finally...an Action Avatar that makes me smile instead of groan!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I agree this is a horrible photo to pawn off as a crashed disc? That could be anything... And unless you can come up with a picture of it thats more clear, we will never know.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

Does appear to have a metallic reflection.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The photo is fair too grainy to give any real indication as to what it is.

It could be a crashed disc or it could just be shadow casting from a crater or rock formation.

I suspect it's not a crashed disc though to be honest.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... moldova ufo. skip to 1:20

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Okay, FYI people, I did not take the photo myself, I believe that was NASA. The image was zoomed in on at 200%.
Obviously, I am not claiming this is a crashed disk, I am asking the question, "could this be a crashed disk?" Thus the question mark in the post. It appears to be the classic domed UFO shape.
I find it very interesting, if you don't, move on.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
As Borat would say "Thats the greatest footage I have ever seen....., NOT"...

Please sir thats just incredibly poor....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Fair play to you, it is a classic ufo shape and does seem to have a metallic gleam to it.

but it could be anything, the photos not the greatest quality.

good find though

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I dont ever see this anomaly before, i think is more interesting than others posted here on ATS, S&F for you! good find!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by olegarch
www.youtube.com... moldova ufo. skip to 1:20

1st off, this looks like an obvous CGI to me and secondly, What does this have to do with this OP thread?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
If you rotate it 90 degrees, it almost looks like a giant grey face.....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I personally think that this "find" whatever it is contributes ALOT more to this forum than all of your negative remarks to this mans efforts, at least he is contributing something while all you do is insult and discourage, Good on ya super70 keep looking for good evidence although this may be tough to figure out, but keep on posting!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dwest
I personally think that this "find" whatever it is contributes ALOT more to this forum than all of your negative remarks to this mans efforts, at least he is contributing something while all you do is insult and discourage, Good on ya super70 keep looking for good evidence although this may be tough to figure out, but keep on posting!

thats one way to look at it. Another way would be that the more garbage that is posted here like this photo, the harder it is to find anything that might be of actual interest amidst the noise. But thats the UFO world in a nutshell, isn't it?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Longchenpa]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

I want to star you a million times. It's not garbage. It's probably not a flying disc either.
I think these things are good. This is how I learn about what's real and what's not. You brought up a question for debate, a picture and a question relating to a huge subject. Whoever thinks this is a waste of time is crazy wasting their time to reply!!!!!
IMHO not a flying disc but well worth the convo.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by olegarch

I have some friends that can translate that. sent them the link I will let you know what the context of that video is.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

thats one way to look at it. Another way would be that the more garbage that is posted here like this photo, the harder it is to find anything that might be of actual interest amidst the noise. But thats the UFO world in a nutshell, isn't it?

I think that negative remarks and discouraging statements are what causes the noise, when you come across a post is it not easier to view it, form an opinion and move on if its not up to par with your idea of a good contribution rather than wasting your time and energy?

I mean if you were unsure about something you discovered wouldn't you want to show others and get their help in finding out what it really is, rather than burning the person for posting something they felt was a legitimate item worth discussing?

and anything of interest is a matter of opinion. If its not interesting to you move on and dont waste the peoples time who do find it interesting.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The arts and sciences are dependent on discernment and judgement. Without discrimination, in the sense of evaluating evidence, perceptions, theories, etc., all you are left with is dilettante BS. If UFOlogy is a collective endeavor, then it is in the interests of that collective endeavor to keep the quality of investigation honest and competent. In the age of the internets, the number of people who, without any knowledge or training whatsoever, consider themselves "researchers", is astounding. Without even a modicum of professional ability in image processing, knowledge of planetary imaging, geology or optics, everyone and their mother thinks they are qualified to sift through satellite imagery, looking for rocks that happen to resemble Ronald McDonald. If you don't see a problem with this, that it is creating noise that confuses the issue and makes it more difficult for qualified researchers and interested parties to communicate and see just what the actual evidence is, then I would suggest that you are supporting disinformation and confusion, not clarity.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Longchenpa

then it is in the interests of that collective endeavor to keep the quality of investigation honest and competent

I dont think super70 was being dishonest he was simply pointing out something that he wanted looked at and if that makes him incompetent than I suppose the rest of ATS is incompetent also, because that is simply how this forum works we post items of interest and put it up for discussion and lets face it I doubt there are more than a handful of users on this forum that have any credentials in any of the areas you mentioned. To sum it all up this is not a professional ufology or astronomical site and if thats what you want then perhaps go look for one elsewhere, if im not mistaken this is a place where amateur and professional alike can come to post their findings and open it up for intelligent discussion!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join