It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The program is on RIGHT NOW, so stop reading and watch!!

I am on CST time....

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I know I'm obviously missing the primary scientific significance here, but I'm somewhat disappointed so far.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hurray for things we already knew plus a smattering of global warming BS at the end

My verdict:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Me too. I could've enjoyed this feature -- even though it's been written about quite a bit lately -- if they hadn't built it up to such "globally important" scale.

I was just talking with m'Bride......... she said, "so, is it good and what you hoped for?"

I said, "nope. It's almost old hat, and not really that well supported......mostly fuzzy rhetoric so far. I doubt it will have much of a global impact. I can't imagine the citizens of Zimbabwe being terribly affected by this program."

Zimbabwe popped into my mind due to some research I've done lately, but I think that's possibly a fairly accurate statement.

I mean, it IS important, but dammit, I was promised globally important!

pffffffffft.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

The initial commercial teaser put this date up with some VERY "earth-shattering" historical dates. Unless something shocks the hell outta me in the next 90 minutes, I'm left relatively disappointed in their hype.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

well, at least thanks to the both of you for a couple of well-placed laughs!

I already announced that I was going to be glued to the History channel fo rthe night, thus I am relegated to the outer circle -- the living room

That's okay. 60% of the good stuff is out here.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Yep, in fact that commercial was SO intriguing that I sent it to my darlin's crackberry. I recall something along the lines of [solemn booming voice] the.......most. ......... important ........ discovery in 40,000? ........ years....

Or some such. phooey. Well, I'm invested. I'd best enjoy it as much as possible.

Stupid lemur.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
www.history.com...

This is a special about the missing link in evolution just recently discovered

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
The program is on RIGHT NOW, so stop reading and watch!!

I am on CST time....

Love to, but I'm at work.
And... yeah. Stupid commercial. Should have it obvious the only people who would find it interesting would be geonerds. (Like myself.)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I'm finding it very interesting........

Just tweaked off at feeling like a sucker for looking forward to something Earth-shaking for several days.

Thanks for the perspective, though. It IS interesting.

dammit.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

There's a reason why I stopped watching History Channel, it's become more and more "entertaining" and less and less informative.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Dissapointing.But still by May 31st the government will finally release UFO discrosures

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I got all excited for nothing, I don't believe we evolved from monkeyfishes whio bred with other monkylemurfishes. What a let down
Way to go H.C

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
www.history.com...

Seriously?

I don't have cable, so I can't watch the show. This is about the lemur? Again, I ask....seriously?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shake7
Dissapointing.But still by May 31st the government will finally release UFO discrosures

Uhhh, no they won't. Why would they do that? There is no evidence that official disclosure is coming any time soon.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I am completely disappointed. After a day of mourning friends and family that have lost their lives for our nation, I come home to this. (not to mention that the Rangers lost)

The History Channel has been hyping this up for a couple of weeks, and I have been looking forward to it.

This guy buys a fossil on the black market for a million dollars and then has to make up for it by making a documentary. This just reminds me of the Simcha Jacobovici documentary of the "Tomb of Jesus" that turned out to be a hoax.

"This has been brought to you with limited commercials by Ally bank"

Ally bank was GMAC and received a bailout.

We paid for this!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pamie

Originally posted by Cyberbian
www.history.com...

Seriously?

I don't have cable, so I can't watch the show. This is about the lemur? Again, I ask....seriously?

Ya the big deal is about a lemurmonkeyfishpig, and how we supposedly "evolved" from them, what a joke.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The History Channel.......what a joke!. I get better programming from watching re-runs. Pffff, Lemurs, give me a break.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What a disappointment ; a fossil that could either be 'linked ' to a lemur or pre- human witout no final concrete determination.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hype for the inevitable letdown.

Nothing concrete, and this is the most important discovery of our age?
Please!!
Read the writing on the wall.

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67 >>

join