It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The image of the arm on the cover of the book "The Link" has been modified from the actual image of Ida. Looking at Ida you can see her left arm and right arm are almost on top of each other. For the cover to have only the right arm indicates that they either found a way to position the 47 million year old fossil for the book cover photo shoot OR they just photoshopped it. It is just one more example of how so many people have taken an obscene amount of creative license in how this find got presented to the world, regardless/in spite of how important this find may be.

Book cover:
www.revealingthelink.com...

Ida complete:
www.revealingthelink.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

on close inspection..that is really really messed up! i tried recreating it..i dunno how the hell she does that!
the arm is straight then the hand turns and goes straight.

rofl
some messed up looking people in the world.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Talking about "transitional species" and Ida, I see that we have gained some detailed information from far back transitional species. Now as the revealingthelink.com seems to be the home of this discovery now, they present these transitional species in their site behind this link: www.revealingthelink.com...

As a layman, i am interested in the transitional species before Darwinius masillae, but am unaware of why there is nothing said about that on the site (at quick scan). From what did the Darwinius masillae develop from ? If there is no clue, maybe there are some speculations ? :>

EDIT: Well, maybe what I just wanted to hear I found myself:

-> plesiadapis www.paleocene-mammals.de...

Palaechthon, Purgatorius (middle Paleocene) -- Very primitive plesiadapids. To modern eyes they looks nothing like primates, being simply pointy-faced, small early mammals with mostly primitive teeth, and claws instead of nails. But they show the first signs of primate-like teeth; lost an incisor and a premolar, and had relatively blunt-cusped, squarish molars.

-> cantius frugivorus

Cantius (early Eocene) -- One of the first true primates (or "primates of modern aspect"), more advanced than the plesiadapids (more teeth lost, bar behind the eye, grasping hand & foot) and beginning to show some lemur-like arboreal adaptations.

-> pelycodus 3.bp.blogspot.com... (?)

# Pelycodus & related species (early Eocene) -- Primitive lemur-like primates.

-> .... that darwinius masillae

btw. also discussed in few threads @ www.abovetopsecret.com...

some sources:
www.talkorigins.org...

[edit on 21-5-2009 by inthemistandfog]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
No mystery here

It's "The Link" at 9:00PM on May 25th. If you take a look at the countdown at www.history.com... you'll see that it counts down to 9:00PM on May 25th.

The countdown at this time is 4 days, 5 hours, 47 minutes.

I don't understand why they would consider this earth shattering.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
25th May 2009 will be one of the following:

1) A truly phenomenal event or announcement that shakes the very foundations of our beliefs of the evolution/creation of humankind.

2) A day when disclosure will be officially implemented. Information relating to aliens, extra-terrestrial life and other life forms will be more openly shared to the general public, and their existence acknowledged.

3) The day the History channel pulls off one of the most successful publicity stunts in recent history. This will lead to a very large audience as word spreads.

4) Another ordinary day where simple men and women go about their daily lives and continue to question the purpose of their existence.

(My guess is number 4 unfortunately)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
When even the Internet isn't swamped with leaked stories, true and false, you
know it's a non-event.

Conspiracy-oriented marketing is all the rage now. But there's no new story to deliver, really.

For those not up on these things, the usual conspiracy theories will be trotted out. Watch for a big question mark at the end of the broadcast.

Mike

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If you slow it down you see 9/11!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well, based on looking at "The Link" I guess I can't totally dismiss the whole reptile theory either.

Oh man, just think of all the god-fearing people that won't be able to get over the fact they once had a tail...even though we all have tailbones. I'm not sure why evolution phased out our tails. I for one would love to have one. I could hang from trees or smack someone in the face while still maintaining my human composure.

It amazes me how many people still refuse to believe in evolution. According to the Bible, God created man in his own image. As far as I know there is know accurate description of this image. It very well could have been in the form of a primate. That's my theory on how many will try to hold on to their belief in god once the facts are out.

One question I still have not found an answer for...If we evolved from primates, why is it that all primates did not evolve into humans?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Rumor I heard: History channel is in possession of Gary McKinnon NASA files that prove we are in contact with several extraterrestrial races. They are actually going to air stolen property because they know this thing is going to explode, and the least of the governments worries will be prosecuting THC. It can't be contained. This is it, in a few more days everything will change. The cat is out of the bag. I suspect the airing to be followed by a global message from Obama that includes even more info.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Really? Not only will you notice that should go back and read ANY of the pages from the past however many, this has been stated about 700023987345 times, but you honestly believe this?

I'd go back and see how many Blossom Goodchild/GFL posts you posted in but I'm quite busy.

I'll just say that I am thinking every day, more and more, that people like you are becoming dangerous and leave it at that.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Oh and by the way my super secret source (TW shows guide) tells me that what they were making all the fuss about was indeed the discovery of that "missing link" (disinfo in my opinion) crap. My source also tells me that there is a Monster Quest marathon tomorrow.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So, few hours to go to 25.5. - or was this already debunked as hoax? --- I had no time to go thru this massive thread for answers...

9.11.2001 = 9+1+1+2+1 = 14 = 1+4= 5

("Day of unknown")

5.25.2009 = 5+2+5+2+9 = 23 = 2+3 = 5

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
history channel schedule 25 may 09:00PM

The Link:

It has been a secret for 47 million years. Have we finally found The Missing Link? Witness history being made as a revolutionary find begins to unravel this mystery and provide clues to the lost origin of the human species. This will be a global event unlike anything you've ever seen. This changes everything.

done

[edit on 24/5/09 by BenDozer]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Nothin to see here, move over....

It's that new "human ancestor" fossil they've found....big deal..even a 3 year old knows we're monkeys..

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Happy B-day, Springer! Hope the global celebration is to your liking. (Have two celebrating today, as well!)

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The book: The Link: Uncovering Our Earliest Ancestor

For more than a century, scientists have raced to unravel the human family tree and have grappled with its complications. Now, with an astonishing new discovery, everything we thought we knew about primate origins could change. Lying inside a high-security vault, deep within the heart of one of the world’s leading natural history museums, is the scientific find of a lifetime — a perfectly fossilized early primate, older than the previously most famous primate fossil, Lucy, by forty-four million years. A secret until now, the fossil — “Ida” to the researchers who have painstakingly verified her provenance — is the most complete primate fossil ever found. Forty-seven million years old, Ida rewrites what we’ve assumed about the earliest primate origins. Her completeness is unparalleled — so much of what we understand about evolution comes from partial fossils and even single bones, but Ida’s fossilization offers much more than that, from a haunting “skin shadow” to her stomach contents. And, remarkably, knowledge of her discovery and existence almost never saw the light of day. With exclusive access to the first scientists to study her, the award-winning science writer Colin Tudge tells the history of Ida and her place in the world. A magnificent, cutting-edge scientific detective story followed her discovery, and The Link offers a wide-ranging investigation into Ida and our earliest origins. At the same time, it opens a stunningly evocative window into our past and changes what we know about primate evolution and, ultimately, our own.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Was right it was just bull, and do not believe that fossil, probably will be just some rubbish they are projecting again.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
How long is it till it shows on the history channel for you Americans, only then can we really be dissapointed

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The "Big Mystery" is called "The Link" and it is about a 47 million year old lemur-type creature that fits into our family tree, so it is a missing link in a way. NO ALIENS, NO DISCLOSURE, NO GFL MESSAGE. I will still watch it though, it airs tonight from 8-10 PM CST.

EDIT to add; IMHO, yes this was MASSIVELY OVERHYPED by the History Channel, but they do have good programs none the less.

[edit on 5/25/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
With "time code" (5) - North Korean nuke test was the event we waited, done by international banksters conspiracy, or can we say NWO - It will change the politics and situation against Iran and North Korea, maybe even Venezuela and Pakistan much more hostile than it was yesterday.

- Global Event did occur at promised date.

When I first saw the news from nuke at Korean peninsula - this thread pomps up first to my mind - "ATS warned and foresee from this!"

That TV program was just "false flag" made by conspiracy. Those who knows the timecode, they know for sure, that North Korean act was ordered from Illuminati - to drive their agenda forward in Middle Asia and Middle East.

Just my opinion - nothing to back up my words, sorry!

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join