It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by esteay812

Ida at the start and humans at the end.

How about a ? at the end? Maybe we are just another step in the evolutionary ladder. If Earth can still sustain life 47 million years from now, imagine our fossils being found.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sorry, thought there was a new video but ....................what can I say

[edit on 20-5-2009 by observe50]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

www.history.com...

change history for a few people me thinks

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think I need to go send some e-mails. I had to laugh when he says this changes everything, not to me it doesn't.

I'm not watching and I hope they have LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWratings.

Gosh, I'm acting like a child

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I mean wtf does it change? I don't know about anyone else out there but I've been taught that all life on earth evolved from a single-cell primordial pond scum.

So although its a neat find and a specimen of the evolutionary process, Nothing changes.

So how about an archeological/evolutionary buff out there explain what changes?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm still going with our Creator's the aliens of tall Greyness known as the Elders.

They say we are """EVOLVING""" to slowly, I agree.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Fox just had about a 15 sec. segment on this lol and they said a 47 million """CAT""" like fossil and at the end Jane said, in a very boring sigh, "oh, wow"...... boy was it sad

Is this the media blitz I wonder does the History Channel know what a REAL media blitz is.

The plane landing in the water in New York saving all life was more of a blitz then this

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Is anybody still hoping the History Channel thing is something else, I mean have they definately said it is yet?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The show description for 9:00 PM on THC reads as follows:

"The Link:

It has been a secret for 47 million years. Have we finally found The Missing Link? Witness history being made as a revolutionary find begins to unravel this mystery and provide clues to the lost origin of the human species. This will be a global event unlike anything you've ever seen. This changes everything.
TVPG "

What BS, this isn't the missing link between monkey's and humans.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Sounds like this is what all the hoopla was about.

Come on NOW, weren't you part of the shockwave that went all around the world? Haven't you been watching the media blitz all over the TV non stop, isn't it driving you nuts.

Now back to Steve Bassett

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Did you check out her hand. Freaky. I still call her Alien girl. I'm hoping my aunt Ida didnt have a tail like that.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

A star for you too. That wrist in not human. I'd like to ask her "Who's your daddy"

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I shall be purchasing the book because this is a historical find.

Charles Darwin theory of evolution is now complete and confirmed. Ida is the final piece, she depicts what we evolved from. The process is complete, we can now link humans-apes to Ida.

We can? I thought Ida was rather showing linkage between Primates and "lower" animal kingdom, and not the missing linkage between Primates and Humans?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FX44rice
I mean wtf does it change? I don't know about anyone else out there but I've been taught that all life on earth evolved from a single-cell primordial pond scum.

So although its a neat find and a specimen of the evolutionary process, Nothing changes.

So how about an archeological/evolutionary buff out there explain what changes?

Didn't read all 63 pages - so forgive me if this has already been answered - but I do have the credentials and knowledge to answer your question authoritatively.

This fossil is the FIRST transitional fossil ever publicly presented.

Darwin himself said a Transitional Fossil - one that has the explict mixed anatomical charcteristics of an ancestor species and of a future species - would never be found.

(this was largely due to the incompleteness of the fossil record, and the relatively short period in which transitional species exist on Earth - partly because natural selection would always - in the long run - favor a more specialized species in the wild)

Many people's careers have been based on the fact that Transitional species do NOT occur in the fossil record - this is NO LONGER TRUE!

Although this is not a true "missing link" fossil - between man and monkey - it is 1 of the 2 great Missing Links in the Human evolutionary record - so 1 down 1 to go.

However, the fact that this was a true - almost 50/50 mix transitional fossil - with nearly 95%+ perfect preservation - makes this a HUGE step forward for Evolutionary Biology and Evolutionary Theory!

I – being a big subscriber to Intelligent Design – am all for discoveries like this – but some Creationists will be troubled by it – in many the same ways as they were when finding out the evidence that the Earth went around the Sun and not vice versa.

That is really what all the hoopla is ultimately about.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Maybe the government is going to make their disclosure on UFO's and Extra-terrestrials.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh look! I think I found another LINK!!! Note the tail, thumbs and ribcage.

Maybe the biggest find in the last 5 min! You be the judge!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It's still completely freaky to see something such as this, so doomsday and covert, transmitted to me visually as a TV ad..? The eye in the sky, is this supposed to be a real investigation piece or is it a buffer for the cable masses to incorrectly inform?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neilparnham

Well it may change things for a few, but I have to say that the one think I know is that there are still lemurs today that have similar skeletons to the "Link". They dig up fossilized remains all the time. They do say the link is more complete and better preserved than most fossil finds, in my opinion, it is not even a fraction of a percent as big of a deal as more than half the dates in their over sensationalized commercial.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
sorry to burst all your bubbles guys, but this really just p***ed me off! i checked out the the missing link site with sir d. attenborough on and its authors/sponsors are listed at the bottom of the page and understandably the bbc is there but also the history channel logo amongst others, damn i am so dissolusioned right now... well i guess thats the final nail in the coffin so to speak heres the link...

www.revealingthelink.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Considering everyone else figured this out...

I also just saw the ad (I've seen it before as well, this was a new one) that stated "she was only a little girl when she died" or something to that effect.

Ironically enough, I had a friend text me about the new find in Germany of the Darwinius masillae, or Ida as she's called. She's a near complete fossil of a lemur like mammal that, guess what, is 47 million years old and died when she was nine months old.

Check out google today if you haven't, because they have a logo dedicated that'll (obviously) link you to it's top results.

Not uh... not that exciting, considering all the hype.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by AugustRising]

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join