It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by agnain

Maybe they are still working on the last minute details.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

[
Like some people have speculated here in this very thread. It could be that the History Channel thing is something completely different. Like you said why hype something "life changing" for the 25th when everyone has already seen it on the news a week before.

I hope you are right, but there some links (lol) between HC and this Lemur discovery, especially if you take into account that the second comemercial (water, air, etc) is a fake. I believe we have to admit that we have been fooled...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zanfib

Then they have fooled themselves as well.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ocelot

The big THC 'Event' is merely that they have the rights to premiere the findings of the research on this fossil. Previous media reports have stated that the History Channel will be broadcasting the research's findings on the 25th May at 9. I guess then we will know a little more about the importance of Ida's discovery, although judging by the reaction amongst the researchers peers I wouldnt expect anything final or decisive.

[edit on 19/5/2009 by 80r0m1r]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
Some people seriously need to read up on their science.

This is a major big time deal because it answers one of the most profound scientific theories of our time.

The theory is we did not just appear out of thin air but instead evolved from other animals.

Ida being both a Lemur and a monkey millions of years before anything else we have in the fossil record is so far the top of the branch of where we came from. She proves that we indeed evolved from her, because we still share the same traits.

Ida is even more impressive because she has things that monkey and ape's have that we don't, and things ape's and monkey's do not have that we do.

Ida proves Darwin's theory.

Moreover, get away from this missing link mess because in all honesty if you go all the way back we are born from some particle held together by gravity.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by AllexxisF1]

But how can science prove that we evolved from Ida, rather than being a separate creation with similar features?

And if Ida evolved to monkeys and monkeys evolved to us... why do monkeys have missing features from Ida?

Sorry but it is very confusing

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

But how can science prove that we evolved from Ida, rather than being a separate creation with similar features?

And if Ida evolved to monkeys and monkeys evolved to us... why do monkeys have missing features from Ida?

Sorry but it is very confusing

We are going OT but evolution is not so linear as you are understanding. Evolution is a "bush", not a linear tree. Accordingly to the press I understand that Ida is a common ancestor between humans and apes/monkey. This could be the missing link between human/ape/monkey and the "lower animals/mammal". This is a very interesting and big discovery, but not so big as we hoped.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by zanfib]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beokii

You are right and I understand the bitterness.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lombardy Inn

Originally posted by Lombardy Inn
reply to post by errorist

And heres a little something to tie the Publishing Company and book directly to the history channel. (Pretty Much the same descriptions)

Here is an excerpt from their ambitious sell-in sheet for UNTITLED by UNKNOWN, strictly embargoed until its release on May 28: "Lying inside a high security vault, deep within the heart of one of the world’s leading museums, is an extraordinary specimen that could be the most important scientific discovery of recent times. Fewer than a dozen experts know of its existence; its value to the world is inestimable. This is a discovery that will change textbooks, change science, and change how we understand the human race. The author of UNTITLED has been given exclusive access to all of the research and the team of top scientists who have been validating the discovery, the announcement of which will send shock waves around the world."

What i am wondering, is maybe both of the books have something to do with it...Who knows?

So, the peer review on this shockwave-worthy "discovery" was done by fewer than 12 people?

[edit on 19-5-2009 by SelfDestruct]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Found this on another thread here on ATS. Ida has her own webpage now. I put the link to "the film" area of the site. The film about her will be airing on History,BBC,ZDF,BBC world wide looks like they show a short clip from this doc.

www.revealingthelink.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by behindtopazeyes
Found this on another thread here on ATS. Ida has her own webpage now. I put the link to "the film" area of the site. The film about her will be airing on History,BBC,ZDF,BBC world wide looks like they show a short clip from this doc.

Good find. Thank you.

Unfortunately this sentence from the above mentioned site:

The world premiere of The Link, a two-hour event special, airs on Memorial Day – Monday May 25th, 2009 at 9pm ET/PT. It is being screened by History across the US.

kills our hype and hopes

PS: I'm feeling dumb. Shall we close this thread?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If these are two totally different books,then perhaps the PTB are behind the book regarding the fossil,and are trying to stir up enough interest, through a media blitz,to try and overshadow the release of the other book!

Maybe the other book(unknown title),is the truly earth shattering event,and hopefully nothing to do with the fossilized Lemur!

Ach!! I don't know anymore!! Totally bamboozled!!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've seen a few posts here suggesting a Bilderberg expose. I think we can rule that out completely just by looking at the original commercial.

They've been around since the 50's, not for 44 million years.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ocelot

Like some people have speculated here in this very thread. It could be that the History Channel thing is something completely different.

And here is a response to that speculation from the horses mouth (A&E/THC)

And these kinds of publicity campaigns can backfire. In 2007, for example, the Discovery Channel ran a documentary called “The Lost Tomb of Jesus,” which had its share of detractors in the academic community.

Executives of A&E, which operates the History Channel, said they were mindful of that example, and were satisfied that the science behind the fossil discovery was solid.

Link
www.heraldtribune.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's looking like it's the "missing link" then.

How disappointing!
I could'nt really care less,how i came to exist in this cesspit of war,famine,disease,dictatorships,crime,poverty,child slavery,intolerance,inequity,etc,etc...

I am more interested in where we are heading,and how are we going to get there!!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
OK WE WERE PLAYED FOR FOOLS!!

Nah, not even.

Something of a curious nature came along and many people gathered together to investigate. There was a lot of digging and research presented here by many ATS members that I, for one, very much appreciated.

The end results may not always be what everyone is looking for, but it's through these kinds of efforts that many things will also be discovered. This was an interesting subject (still is) and I had a lot of fun... you guys are awesome!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Now then ... its definitely clear for everybody, what it is going to be about.

Anyway I will watch it.

however, I keep on acting and waiting for the real disclosure ... it might be until one month. Would like to see the first Alien-entity on TV screen after that ... and the climax keeps on going.

But there is nothing wrong with having a lot of fun till then, so who is with me to boycott the media ?!

[edit on 19-5-2009 by EBAYZOID]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Meet....what changes everything....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
To those of you who replied to my earlier posting about a press conference and unveiling of the 47 million year old fossil, now known worldwide as "Ida" and were asking me, "If this is true, why wasn't it listed as a global event on May 19?" The reason is because the press conference and unveiling have nothing to do with the History Channel. They are separate events. So you can argue that one with History. History only has exclusive rights to air the documentary in the US. It is also being aired in other countries. As for the definition of "event" you will have to remember that commercials for programs air for one reason: to get you to watch. If you call something an "event" it sounds more intriguing than a documentary. So think what you will about that.

The affiliated book by Colin Tudge, previously listed as "Untitled," but now confirmed to be officially titled "The Link" will be available tomorrow, May 20. The press conferences came before the book to increase sales. Again, the press conferences, unveiling, and the book itself have nothing at all to do with program scheduling on History.

From the new "Ida" website, www.revealingthelink.com:

The world premiere of The Link, a two-hour event special, airs on Memorial Day – Monday May 25th, 2009 at 9pm ET/PT. It is being screened by History across the US.

BBC
The UK premiere of Uncovering Our Earliest Ancestor: The Link will be shown on BBC One at 9pm on Tuesday 26th May. The BBC’s version of the film is written and narrated by Sir David Attenborough.

ZDF
Viewers in Germany can watch The Link on Sunday 31st May on ZDF.

BBC Worldwide
The Link will be distributed to broadcasters around by BBC Worldwide on behalf of Atlantic Productions. Please refer to www.bbcworldwide.com... for details.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh great...That's all we need.. some 47 million year old dead turkey to suddenly come onto the scene...

It might disprove and prove a lot of things, but it dont help me get a job..

Very handy to have something like this crop up seeing as the UK is deflating big time..

But, it makes for a nice picture

I was kinda hoping it would have been something else...but if this is it then has THC done a bit of false advertising regarding their claim or water and air being part of a lie...

But Ida does tend to show how we got the reptilian portion of our brain though.. just look at the skull and see how similar it is in shape to most other dinosaurs, yet also have the roundness of a primate/human/neanderthal etc...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hey guys saw a commercial this morning on the history channel and i thought i'd bring an end to this global event stuff. Apparently it's a show called "Link". I'm assuming it's something to do with the missing link. Definately not a global event though.

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join