It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
To be honest guys I think tommorow after the press conference and everything is over with we'll know a lot more

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
As I mentioned some dozens of pages back, if it's just the missing link most will just go, "Oh!" and get back to their knitting. Ho Hum.

Right, I'll put the kettle on. There's a monkey in my lineage.

One of things I've noted is that there are some numbers floating about inall these stories that seem - well - sort of 'off' to me. There's three dates that are out there....

37 Million Years Ago
44 Million Years Ago
47 Million Years Ago

I know we've all become a little desensitized to big numbers lately (thanks to the economy/bailouts etc.) and we joyfully breeze past any number that is less than a "Bajillion", but three million years is a very long time. Even by evolutionary standards, 3million is a good amount of time. It's even bordering on geological timeframes...
A lot can happen in 3million years. How can there be such a huge difference?

3million years ago, according to modern science, was when hominids started the transformation towards homo sapiens. We've come a long way in that time. So a difference of 3 million years is more than just 'ballpark.'

Hmmph. Waiting for the 25th.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ok, I am another who has kept up with this thread from the beginning!

Firstly a reply to those who think finding an ancient Lemur or whatever is indeed a Global Event & Changes Everything......well just plain NO!

For 99% of the population it is a non event. Billions dying of thirst & hunger, millions out of work, millions suffering from every disease under the SUN!

So what if religion has to change it's perception.....do you really think they are going to listen to the BBC, THC or a bunch of scientists.....do you really think they are going to tell their Millions of followers 'we are shutting shop..you can go home'....do you actually think those who hold religion as their only solace to the evil world we live......will let go! They do not give a flying F! So let's get things into perspective!

The only thing that is going to change the masses are revelations, which will change their lives. Yes a disclosure, Yes...we are hybrids evolved through manufacture of ET's. Yes we have descended from other life forms not from this planet. Yes advanced civilizations have been here forever & have come and gone solely due to design. Yes the illuminate are indeed real & control our lives. Yes everything we hold true to is indeed false!..etc etc .
These are the only things that will make humanity 'drop tools', listen....and maybe ACT!

Both the BBC & THC believe they have something huge to tell us. The BBC don't really care who knows and has openly remarked through various written media.
On the other hand THC is all bit 'cloak & dagger'. It then seriously begs the question are they talking about the same thing or something totally different, or even something loosely connected BUT they [THC]have something more to reveal......lets be logical.

Sources [written Media], claim there is going to be some sort of unveiling tomorrow [Bloomberg NYC]. This is to be followed by a Special Programme by THC on the 25th. This appears to be the same as what is going on here with the BBC.....

So what the heck is all this secrecy about! If it's all coming out tomorrow 19th [Lemur], why is THC continuing with this facade a whole SIX days before it Airs it's 'Global Event'!

It begs the question, like some have commented.....They Have Something That Others Do Not or what we know is just a Cover for the true unveiling on the 25th.
OK the NYT etc claim THC will follow up the story on the 25th BUT how do we know this itself is not part of their Grand Scheme.

It does not make sense to hype it up so much only to be told the same things we already know and will be unveiled on the 19th.

Truly THC will lose face and hordes of viewers if it is the 'Damp Squid' we are all talking about.

By the time the show is aired........most of us probably won't give a 'rat’s ass', as we would know everything during the preceding days.

So I say to THC either tell us it is something different to what the BBC, NYT, Telegraph or as most of us here perceive OR just plain go away and stop with your Silly Marketing ploy......Ultimately the only one’s to suffer will be you and everyone involved with THC!......mass Boycotts!!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
One thing that everyone should take into account if this is a discovery of a "missing link", religion still plays a MAJOR role in the world today. If they were to provide evidence to prove without a doubt that we evolved from earlier primates it could send a major shock wave around the world. I know it is hard to believe, but there are many that are not ready to accept this as fact and I could imagine that it could lead to quite dangerous responses from radical groups.

Am I hoping it is more than a "missing link", for lack of a better term? Most certainly, but I am not going to pretend that this wouldn't be a major break through.

[edit on 5/18/09 by EFFeX2k9]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
All I can say is that someone in The History Channel's promotion/advertising department got a raise and bonus!

I don't even see what all the hubub is about.. it is a commercial for a show which will be airing this summer. We find out what the show is next week. It will be on big events in history or something... So? How else to promo a show on big events but to make the unveiling of the show itself a big event?!

Well, the ad worked.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarface1111

Originally posted by FX44rice

Originally posted by 80r0m1r
Hello all, new poster here but lurked on the forums for a while. This thread has been a great read and finally gave me the kick up the backside I needed to register.

As far as the second advert being proven to be genuine, I'm not so sure (hope I'm wrong) but someone posting a video to Youtube of the supposed advert playing on their television set, is not proof of anything really. The hoaxster could have simply spliced it in between a recording of some normal adverts and then played it back on their tv and filmed it.

I agree with this for now. I'm calling fake on 2nd Ad still.

Someone is having fun with this perhaps

There needs to be additional confirmation of the 2nd Ad being legit.

www.youtube.com...

more confirmation than this ?

Well done.
Yes, that is proof, alright.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

The hoaxster could have simply spliced it in between a recording of some normal adverts and then played it back on their tv and filmed it.

You forgot to read that apparently.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by tarifa37

8th time that article has been posted. History Channel is on the 25th, not 19th.

reply to post by ogund.3

It's not a fake.
The video was not suggesting everything is a lie, i.e why the ending focused on creation and showed the All Seeing Eye.

My gosh, I can't believe how much this thread has boomed this morning!

Infinite ~ I don't think the article is saying the History Channel presentation is on the 19th (we know that's on the 25th)... it's talking about scientists in New York doing a briefing on it for the general public on MSM.

So has anyone seen or heard what time this New York thing will be yet?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Another point to note is that the 2nd History Channel Ad says "Creation" and not "Evolution", which also backs up my second guess that both shows are different subjects altogether.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
We are all cylons!!!!

longer + but cuts off before bots

or

more to the point + hendrix

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by light_sound
Ok, I am another who has kept up with this thread from the beginning!

Firstly a reply to those who think finding an ancient Lemur or whatever is indeed a Global Event & Changes Everything......well just plain NO!
Blah blah, blah.

So let me see if I got this straight.

You think that an archeological find of a 47 million year old Lemur that *may shed light on our ancestry is not a global news event.

But...

Saying that we were created in a test tube by aliens and put here on Earth, with ZERO PROOF is.

One side of the scale a well preserved fossil and on the other, your wild imagination.

...tough decision.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This thread is indeed booming, I really hope tommorow brings more information because of the press conference, hopefully some of the stuff said there makes it to the Internet or the news

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i would like to say , that if david attenborough is hosting the UK version of this programme, then it cant be about ET's, Cleopatra or Time travel.

come on people, everyone who has grown up with his stuff knows he is 100% about nature stuff. animals .

there is absolutely 0% chance he would be hosting a pgm on anything but animals.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

We do not know if the two programs are linked yet.
But, I hear the press conference is tomorrow - so hopefully all our questions will be answer (or ignored)

link   
I cant make a new thread, so i will post it here.

But i have just seen a advertisement, literally 2minuites ago:

"26th May BBC1. A program that will change the way we look at how we was created" and then it finished, was pretty intense lol!

So this is obviously got something to do with a missing gene, or a new discovery!

It seems big, because it not on the same days as each other - or before, so it must be a discovery that some 1 has patented or something because it seems two very large Tv Channels, infact the BBC is way bigger and cant show it before its aired on History

I HOPE, that its something with FACTS, something that has NO flaws, something that will make every single person look at there life/religion/purpose!!!

And then disclosure! ...but im dreaming

link   

Originally posted by FX44rice
reply to post by Nightchild

The hoaxster could have simply spliced it in between a recording of some normal adverts and then played it back on their tv and filmed it.

You forgot to read that apparently.

No, I did not miss to read that. But hey, why don't you simply ask him yourself?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

I think there is a big different between a global event and a shock wave. Most likely people who are believing in creation will not change there minds on this one. They will simply say that god is testing us or something like that. And wth is wrong with a little fantasy?

[edit on 18-5-2009 by beokii]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ok dont attack me for this but I was sitting here thinking about what it could be. BTW I am well aware of the lemur possibly being part of this, this is just my own crazy theory I guess. I noticed that the Mayan Doomsday episode is on before whatever is supposed to be revealed. Maybe they are going to admit to something coming in 2012 and they finally tell us about planet x...mmm I dont know, I just thought of that for some reason.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by n000b

O.k well that was a FAIL post. sorry about that! im just going to stop posting now because people just beat me to it :p

Nice find lol!

Sorry for spam!

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join