It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GOTZEUS

I would really like it is true. But I have serious doubts it would be disclosed on History channel........

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It is indeed about the discovery of our long lost ancestor the lemur.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

The BBC has made an extraordinary new documentary, presented by Sir David Attenborough, which will reveal the discovery of a fossilised skeleton that may be a vital ‘missing link’ in human evolution.

The 90-minute programme is top secret but The Mail on Sunday has learned from sources in America that the results of the study on which it is based will be revealed by a team of scientists and broadcasters in New York on May 19.

The centrepiece of the programme is the unveiling of the first-ever complete skeleton of an extinct animal called an adapid.
david attenborough

Relative values: Sir David Attenborough with a lemur - one of the creatures at the centre of the fossil debate

The fossilised bones, which are thought to be between 37 and 47million years old, were found in Germany’s Messel Shale Pit, a disused quarry near Frankfurt famous for its fossils.

The team who examined the young female animal say it has some resemblance to a lemur, a mammal with a distinctive tail that is found to this day in the forests of Madagascar.

But Sir David’s documentary will explain that the researchers have, controversially, concluded the fossil ‘is not simply a lemur’ but from a related group of primates which evolved into monkeys, apes and human beings.

The BBC programme is based on a scientific study to be published by the Public Library of Science, a leading academic journal with offices in Cambridge and San Francisco.

Last night, the study’s co-author, Philip Gingerich, the president-elect of the US Paleontological Society, said: ‘I examined this skeleton. It is exceptionally complete and it is well-dated.

We have kept it under wraps because you can’t blither about something until you understand it. We now understand it. It is going to advance our knowledge of evolution.’

Prof Gingerich confirmed he had spoken to Sir David.

The significance of the discovery, according to New York’s academic community, is that it could resolve the fierce debate about which kind of primates humans are descended from.
graphic

Some palaeontologists believe we evolved from the adapids – but that theory is hotly contested. The new skeleton appears to be a previously unknown type of adapid which would be the ‘missing link’ between small mammals and the apes which evolved into humans.

The study’s authors insist that the fossil can’t be a lemur because it lacks two features: the ‘toothcomb’, a set of lower front teeth used to groom fur; and ‘toilet claws’, toes on the hind feet used for scratching.

Half of the fossil was found a few years ago, but it was only when the rest of the body was discovered last year that scientists realised its importance.

The ground-breaking research was only possible after Norway’s National History Museum managed to buy the two parts of the fossil from private collectors.

The study, led by Norway’s Professor Jorn Hurum, says the fossil is so well-preserved that its soft tissues and stomach contents can be analysed.

Christened Darwinius masillae, it belonged to an extinct group of primates which lived in rainforests.

It was a female that was less than a year old but had been weaned and had developing teeth. It had nails rather than claws and would have weighed just 2lb when fully grown.

When asked about the BBC documentary, Sir David said: ‘I’m afraid I am not allowed to talk about it.’ Prof Hurum also refused to comment.

Why a wet nose could ruin research

While all the experts agree that the Messel fossil is an exciting discovery, some doubt

And here is a video of the creature in action already possessing the power of speech and song.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

"While all the experts agree that the Messel fossil is an exciting discovery, some doubt that it will settle the debate about mankind's ancestors."

Good link tarifa ~ the crummy thing is, according to this article, they 'still' don't seem to have enough concrete evidence to say this is factual evidence. So I find myself still curious as to how THC can make such bold claims in their videos.

At this point, it would appear that your YouTube there might be more believable.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The article posted above by tarifa also mentions "...the study on which it is based will be revealed by a team of scientists and broadcasters in New York on May 19."

I'm not really seeing any time slots on the TV line up for this, unless it's just gonna be a part of regular news. Anyone else see anything where this might be in MSM on the 19th?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Weak weak weak weak weak

Thanks for finally ending this debate though. I think that pretty much wraps this up...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

OMG!!! I didn't know lemur' were so advanced to star in a musical. I must live under a rock. Your comment and that vid made me crack up.

No but serious, I did not know they could sing reggaetone.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by timewalker]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If this is the lemur where is the lie they talk about ?

Not knowing is not a lie.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

8th time that article has been posted. History Channel is on the 25th, not 19th.

reply to post by ogund.3

It's not a fake.
The video was not suggesting everything is a lie, i.e why the ending focused on creation and showed the All Seeing Eye.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Has anyone confirmed if the 2nd vid is a fake or no? i.e. the one which mentions air/water and everything is a lie

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by scarface1111

It is not a fake.

I have no idea why anyone would suggest it is
The commentary on the internet is of individuals who have seen it, on television.

It seems debunkers are crying fake at everything again without waiting for the program to air

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Unbelievable hype! wtf? This will not go over well.. the christian's will have a field day with this. "Har har.. they think weez come from lemurs har har, them scientersts is crazy and gonna burn. Jimmy! Little Jimmy!! You get way from that picture box talkin bout them lemurs fore you corrupted boy!"

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

At the same time, not all Christians are that way. Heck, there's a lot who do believe in evolution also. Either way, interesting concept. lol If it really is the case involving the lemur though, a lot of people are prolly going to be upset. lol

Also, some of us were just wondering if it were fake considering lots of people haven't seen the second clip and were wondering where it came from. Not all the debunkers are rushing to say that it's fake just cause, otherwise you'd have to include all the others that are saying it IS something else without watching it either. Meh. That's just me though.

I personally am not sure whether or not it's fake, considering the fact that even if you did do it using a program like a movie maker... it's pretty fancy work. I know that I wouldn't even be able to come close to making something like that. lol

Also, the point was made... if it was fake, THC would prolly be quick to have that taken down. So, I doubt it's fake. It did raise more questions though! It's getting more intriguing! Even if it's a media ploy, it worked!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

It is not a fake.

The commentary on the internet is of individuals who have seen it, on television.

It seems debunkers are crying fake at everything again without waiting for the program to air

You have to understand that the first clip was shown on the website of the THC, and also recorded by someone airing on a TV set. The first clip just says that a global event will change everything and mentions a couple of dates.... which ultimately could result in nothing big with such an ad.

However the second clip is way far off from the first one... it asks if everything is lie, air , water, shows the eye of horus over the world, adds the 9/11, and is definitely implicating much more than a bunch of dates and that a global event will change everything.

So the authenticity of the second video means so much especially to ppl like me who are dying of curiosity. So far no one has come up with any proof that the second ad is a not fake. It is different than being a debunker crying fake fake..

[edit on 18-5-2009 by scarface1111]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

It is not a fake.

Hi guys, first time here. I think I could make a good case that it's fake.

First of all, the program comes on at 9PM on History Channel. I think we already know that much. Well in this NY Times article it says the Lemur program is going to be aired on May 25 at 9PM on History channel. Here is the article.

So if we trust NY Times and establish that the news is about our little lemur friend, then what does air, water, and everything you know being a lie have to do with it?

Okay, that's point one.

Now if you look closely at the second video:

At :07 seconds, there is too many spaces in 1986 between the 8 and 6. They spell out March but abbreviate November. At :10 they don't punctuate A.D. July11 has no space between it. Poor kerning in 1984. What, they don't have an editor? Our water, our air, our life, all-seeing eye, what does all that have to do with lemer bones? The History logo looks too big or zoomed at the end, as somebody else pointed out.

I think we're looking at a hoax. I can't prove it though. It's a good one and had everybody fooled and all it took was a few people to say they saw it on their television to get us to believe it. What do you all think?

[edit on 18-5-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Check this out

Why using Alien fonts?

??

[edit on 18-5-2009 by beokii]

[edit on 18-5-2009 by beokii]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Another forum, has confirmed, there are apparent four stories claiming to be the History Channel discovery.

The third advert, which many on ATS have seen, mentioned "She died a girl".

We will be seeing a human skeleton.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I am now hearing chatter that it is the announcement of some sort of theory of everything, that proves we are living in a computer simulation. This is interesting because a couple weeks ago I read an article where a physicist claimed the biggest unsolvable problems in physics are solvable when you apply the rules of a computer generated existence. Could it be that they have 'cracked it' and in a sense everything IS a lie? This would definitely fit the 'everything changes' hype. That being said the theories being thrown around regarding this THC show are some of the most intense I've ever witnessed!

[edit on 18-5-2009 by contemplator]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

THAT IS THE SUM OF ALL FEARS, isnt it??? Imagine.....

What would you do? I couldnt even fathom it and i think many people would not believe it, especially older folks

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Well done for bringing this to my attention
, I recently watched a program on the potential discovery on the "Theory of Everything." The BBC may have confirmed they will be presenting the original monkey will all evolved from, but it does seem the History Channel has the oldest human skeleton - 47 million years old?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hey guys and gals i just signed up to be part of this thread.

Now here is my opinion..
They may have found the skeleton of an angel, thats why someone mentioned wings and birds.

They found the bones of an ancient human on mars or the moon, so they may reveal that mars used to be our home.
This is a long story so bare with me.
We lived on earth in a advanced civilisation, one day there was a massive global nuclear war, all the humans ran into the caves and stayed there for ages (cavemen) they gradually forgot about technology and the war and started over, there features where affected by radiation.
Now the officials who stayed and fought got an unholy amount of radiation before leaving the planet, they changed, they lost there hair and got shorter, they are now what we call greys. dum dum duuumm!!

Back on topic i just saw the BBC ad, its not a briefcase its a crate, the thing under the cloth is a stencil with some strange symbols on it, he then spray paints the symbols using the stencil on the crate,STRANGE OR WHAT!!!!??

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join