It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

It's History channels way of saying they've got some new program that will premier on 5-26-09.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Naturally you'd think they'd flash the dates in chronological order. Maybe, if one delve deep enough into the rabbit hole, there could be a clue. Then again it could be that just randomly picked out said dates with life changing significance.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Can anyone slow it down and get all the dates? some of them I googled and turned up nothing important. Others, if I try to move the slider around just get jumbled at 8 seconds in when it gets really fast.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
could it be this?

www.vetscite.org...

A 44 million-year-old fossilized louse has been found with the remains of feathers in its gut, suggesting that even ancestral birds were plagued by ectoparasites. The finding also suggests that early-feathered dinosaurs may have suffered the same itchy symptoms, report paleontologists.

im just going down the list....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Nah, that was from 2003 I believe.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
hmmmm

well then how about this??

news.softpedia.com...

Artic ice formed about 45 million years ago - roughly 14 million years ahead of previous predictions - according to new research published in Nature. An international team of scientists, including Brown geologist Steven Clemens, says this startling evidence shows that glaciers formed in tandem at Earth's poles, providing important insights into global climate change.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i bet this has to be it!

www.nytimes.com...

Magnetic imprints on the sea floor can be used as timetables of such motion and they show that a major, almost worldwide alteration occurred some 44 million years ago. This is believed to have been when the main land mass of India collided with Asia.

edit: i think im finding it sucked to live 44 million years ago: lice, land collisions, global climate change.....

[edit on 5/14/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Found this, and tried to play the video, but it wasn't working. Perhaps one of you could try?

History Channel - This Changes Everything

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With
events according to WIKIPEDIA

Event

May 25 – Triple conjunction of Jupiter and Neptune, Jupiter 24' south. First of three triple conjunctions of Jupiter and Neptune

i reckon it will have something to do with Nostrdamus or something...

or maybe the LHC (angels & demons)

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

funnily enough ur right about what takes place.. im not certain of the day though... and the triple conjunction takes place with chiron... so if u put em together u hve jupiter (expansion) neptune (illusion/dreams) and chiron (wounded healer)... so... theres a BIG (jupiter) possibility of MAJOR healing or wounding (jupiter+chiron) dealing with dreams and illusions.. the impact may be huge and its generational as well as personal to a lot of people. Major wounding 'or opposite'... no one knows yet. the date of 25th idk... u made an astrological even thats taking place soon i just figured i'd contribute to it...its probably just daylight savings....

[edit on 14-5-2009 by NipdPrice]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

HUR HUR HUR

I'm sure you understood the correlation I was attempting between academic focus and prime time network slots, so save the troll attempt. If not, well, even in the most highly educated states - I guess there's a reason the bell curve has two sides.

reply to post by searching4truth

Although, I must agree that "the most important find" does sound archeological, perhaps "the missing link".

They've found so many potential "missing links" in the hominid fossil record that the term "Missing Link" is pretty much inapplicable. For example:

Sahelanthropus tchadensis Orrorin tugenensis Ardipithecus ramidus Australopithecus anamensis Australopithecus afarensis Kenyanthropus platyops Australopithecus africanus Australopithecus garhi Australopithecus aethiopicus Australopithecus robustusAustralopithecus boisei Homo habilis Homo georgicus Homo erectus Homo ergaster Homo antecessor Homo heidelbergensis Homo neanderthalensis Homo floresiensis

Now, not all of those can be considered a "missing link". For example, DNA analysis of Neanderthal reveals that they were not related to us and most likely incapable of interbreeding. They were a sister-species. Similar to Homo floresiensis - the "hobbit", which we know existed alongside primitive man and is so morphologically and geologically divergent that a proposed lineage from them is near impossible. Still others such as Homo Sapiens Idaltu were likely either our sister species or a daughter sub-species of Homo Sapiens - but was so morphologically similar that it's hard to even call them a separate species. (Technically, we are ourselves a sub-species known as Homo Sapien Sapiens, off the main branch of Homo Sapiens)

Still, the fossil record is so diverse that finding any one "Missing Link" would not be the earth shattering kind of news it would have been in the early 20th century and as it was with the discovery of Australopithicus afarensis.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Wow, that is some cool information I had never heard before. Thanks. I am happy to say that the "hobbit" skeleton is/was right here at Florida State University! I'm not sure if it still is or not. Anyway, thanks for the enlightenment, and I agree that this would not be the most important information in 44 million years. I still think it will be a huge letdown, whatever it is. For one, if it is truly that important, how could they keep it under wraps for two weeks? They would have had to break the story immediately, otherwise someone would beat them to it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Disclosure, perhaps? That sure would be a Global Event and "change everything".

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Yeah, plus it would have to be their version, otherwise it would've been well publicized. Just taking a shot in the dark. I don't know that it has anything do with what will happen on May 25th, ie the alignment of the planets as they don't air "live" anything, what it is has already happened, and I'm putting my money on some sort of fossil. But there is still this nagging voice in my head that states if it was as important as they are hyping, we would have already seen numerous press conferences about it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That’s weird many of those dates weren’t intended for new shows, that will change things, especially 1028 AD.

I watched a show the other night on the History channel called “Life after man” Don’t you find it bizarre they are talking about things like this more frequently.

I only found a couple shows one on May 23rd called “Royal Maya Massacre” and “Promises and Betrayals: Britain” The TV guide only went to May 23rd. Did anyone find more?

I didn’t find the Angels and Demon show. How can a show relate with dates that occurred before the History channel even began. I slowed it down by pausing it on each date. You need to be quick. I missed a couple.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Not sure what they are going to present to the public, but it must be significant. I have not seen the video, but others have suggested it included Obama's election date and Pearl Harbour

Is this on American History Channel or British? (even both)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

I am REALLY grabbing at straws with these dates here; and i doubt any of these have much to do with the upcoming program. If i had to guess i Would say the program is probably about the big bang or something.

845 BC — Pherecles, King of Athens, dies after a reign of 19 years and is succeeded by his son Ariphron.

1028 AD November 12 — Dying Emperor Constantine VIII of the Byzantine Empire marries his daughter Zoe of Byzantium to his chosen heir Romanus Argyrus.

July 12 1984 - No conclusive data for this exact date found in Wiki

march 15 1246 -possible completion of Sainte-Chapelle?

October 10 1958 - NAY -October 11 – Pioneer 1, the second and most successful of the 3 project Able space probes, becomes the first spacecraft launched by the newly formed NASA.

September 20, 1987 - Possible date match - A squirrel closes down the New York Stock Exchange when it burrows through a telephone line.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is a rumour, circling on the internet, it is linked to this..

Washington Post

Disclosure?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by infinite]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've found some info on some of the dates listed:

7-20-1984: Geraldine Ferrero first female VP candidate
1-10-1347: Black Death spreads through Europe
10-1-1781: First Ironclad Submarine
10-10-1958: Announcement of the death of Pope Pius XII
09-20-1987:China sends first e-mail

I'm skipping over the more obvious ones here, but it seem th dates do signify different advances in human history-

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Well, I believe it has to do with the universe if its truly a global event that will effect the entire population of humanity.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

I was doing this listing for myself and figured it was time to finally sign up here
Im pretty sure I got all the dates from the video posted here on ats(still working on the one over on the history site to see if they added more/or have a different sequence)

In order:

July 20 1969
Nov. 4 2008
Dec. 7 1941
June 20 1647
March 15 1246
Oct. 10 1958
1028 A.D.
Aug. 27 1985
Sept. 20 1987
Jan. 10 1347
Feb. 26 1280