It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

It's going to be announced on the 19th!

No one will watch History on 25th.

And it's "Possible Missing Link" - How Lame

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GOTZEUS

Ok but just how groundbreaking and amazing would this really be?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I know...Sucks
But thats more likely the "BIG" discovery...JEEZ if it was ET in origin, They would proly have a heart attack. You never know this may be a test for the real thing.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yeh, its stinking of missing link.
Great, so what. Its going to pee off a lot of religious people and the rest of us will just yawn have a glance at the skull or whatever they found and move on.

I seriously doubt the ufo disclosure because wouldnt that be more discovery channel than history channel?

They claim it will be world changing but really how boring and I doubt anyone outside of paelientology (cant even be bothered to look up how to spell it because i'm that uninterested) would find interesting.
So they will draw a painting of what appears to be something to be between the humany ape thing and the apey human thing.
Make a 3d animation and one of them face plaster things they do over skulls.
Big whoop, it wont make a jot of difference.

I really am clinging to hope its more exciting than that, I am willing to accept a mammoth, thats kinda cool.

To be honest what it needs to be is free energy to be 'world changing' but we know that doesnt churn out money.
Any cure for aids, cancer and such is ok I suppose.
Obama claiming to be the second coming? lol I am going way out there.
Shutting up now.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is my first post on ATS - I've been following along for some time now and figured my first post should be worth while.

Anyhow, as much as I would have enjoyed an alien topic to be the nature of the show on the 25th, there is a strong indication that the History Channel program will feature the discovery of a 47 million year old primate

If this show is like any other History Channel show these days, you will probably find most of the information you need via the link (spare yourself the two hours).

If anything, it'll be interesting to see what collective thinking anthropologist & paleontologists offer.

Cheers!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA obama the 2nd coming oh please..I would join the anti christ right away because ive had a sick feeling with Obama ever since he came to be.

Cure for Cancer would be great I know 4 people that were destroyed by that all died

I think its Primate eh how horrible and too big of an event prop for it. I honestly dont care about Primate findings so what

I want an Alien man damn we are ready for this!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
According to their viewing schedule it is a special on the Mayan "doomsday prophecy" or to most people , the end of the Mayan calender.
www.history.com...
The listing is as follows and can be found at the afore mentioned link on The History Ch. website

"08:00 PM Decoding The Past: Mayan Doomsday Prophecy
The world is coming to an end on December 21, 2012! The ancient Maya made this stunning prediction more than 2,000 years ago. We'll peel back the layers of mystery and examine in detail how the Maya calculated the exact date of doomsday. Journey back to the ancient city of Chichen Itza, the hub of Maya civilization deep in the heart of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, to uncover the truth about this prophecy. The Maya were legendary astronomers and timekeepers--their calendar is more accurate than our own. By tracking the stars and planets they assigned great meaning to astronomical phenomena and made extraordinary predictions based on them--many of which have come true. Could their doomsday prophecy be one of them? In insightful interviews archaeologists, astrologers, and historians speculate on the meaning of the 2012 prophecy. Their answers are as intriguing as the questions.

TVPG V "

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
How many times is this mentioned!

The 8pm Mayan Doomsday Program is a 60 minute show

The time slot in question is 9pm-11pm time slot and its Unknown what it is and this is the mystery surrounding it.

Please please read the 19 pages before you comment on something that has been gone over about 12 times already!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by texanpatriot

Perhas its not the mayan dooms day. If you look at the link you provided, you will see mayans at 8pm, which is a 1 hour program. then they have Life without humans, at 11pm. leaving 2 hours between 9pm and 11pm as not listing as anything. Personally I'm betting on the missing link primate..which is ok with me, its one more piece of the puzzle.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Taeas Stirling]

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Taeas Stirling]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The New York Times is reporting that it is indeed about the newly found 47 million-year-old primate.

As part of a heavily promoted publicity campaign, the skeleton will be displayed at a news conference on Tuesday at the American Museum of Natural History in New York; the History Channel plans a documentary on the primate at 9 p.m. on May 25; and Little Brown is bringing out a book. The Wall Street Journal published an article on Friday giving some scientific details of the discovery.

Mystery solved?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Why all the hype...its just another monkey and not bigger than all those other dates in history!

Hell with History CHannel

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I admit, that is very disappointing...

History Channel obviously really loves their missing links and evolution theories...

Enough to hype it into a "global event"... And "this changes everything"

Really lol? Finding a fossil of an early primate is bigger then say landing on the moon? Or 9-11? Christ's birth?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadoefax

That's really quite a let down if that is true, which I'm sure it is. If true, then it will cause a huge ruckess with the religious community.

But why have that on after a Mayan Doomsday 2012 showing? I would think they would try and have some consistency in their programing slots.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I cannot believe after reading 20 pages of posts that it comes down to being a new kind of ancient lemur-monkey. Interesting, yes. "This changes everything." No.

I cannot imagine the History Channel damaging its credibility to such a huge extent. (What little they had left)

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tippys Dad

Regardless of what Shadoefax posted, we still won't know for a fact until the damn thing airs.

I'm really starting to think that it is about a "missing link" though.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Why issue a Press Release to NYT on the 16th and reveal what your "Human Civilization Altering" Secret is

that you intend to REVEAL on the 25th

And have a countdown clock etc, etc, etc.

Is History Ch Director of Marketing this much of an Idiot?

Apparently so.

And I'd rather watch a re-run of Geraldo in Al Capones Vault, than tune in to hear about the Missing Link Lemur.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

German Fossil Found to Be Early Primate

By JOHN NOBLE WILFORD
Published: May 16, 2009
Fossil remains of a 47-million-year-old animal, found years ago in Germany, have been analyzed more thoroughly and determined to be an extremely early primate close to the emergence of the evolutionary branch leading to monkeys, apes and humans, scientists said in interviews this week.

As part of a heavily promoted publicity campaign, the skeleton will be displayed at a news conference on Tuesday at the American Museum of Natural History in New York; the History Channel plans a documentary on the primate at 9 p.m. on May 25; and Little Brown is bringing out a book. The Wall Street Journal published an article on Friday giving some scientific details of the discovery.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Global event?

I'm pretty sure 90% of the human race don't even care about monkey bones no matter how significant it is.

Way to fail, History channel.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I would not give a rat's patootie if it is about a primate discovery! How dissapointing! Global event? This changes EVERYTHING????? It just can't be about a monkey/lemur! I will watch the first moments of the show to find out, but, if that is what it is, I swear I will never ever fall for their hype again, and never patronize their channel either!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoefax
The New York Times is reporting that it is indeed about the newly found 47 million-year-old primate.

Mystery solved?

BAH. Another failspecial by the History Channel.

I was correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join