It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Loge

thats what the book is about.. May 25th is something else altogether! how many times do we have to post this to people.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Watch more TV you will be safe!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone else notice this, but the video on the History channels webpage changes from "44 million years" to "47 million years"

www.history.com...

Perhaps this is something interesting to note?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

In what could prove to be a landmark discovery, a leading paleontologist said scientists have dug up the 47 million-year-old fossil of an ancient primate whose features suggest it could be the common ancestor of all later monkeys, apes and humans.

link to source

47mya sure makes it look like a show about the supposed missing link...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hey maybe it really is archeological in nature maybe they dug up a 47 million year old UFO and.... ah forget it, its nothing, probably just more crap I mean come on the earth isn't even 47 million years old...
maybe another clue!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

In what could prove to be a landmark discovery, a leading paleontologist said scientists have dug up the 47 million-year-old fossil of an ancient primate whose features suggest it could be the common ancestor of all later monkeys, apes and humans.

link to source

47mya sure makes it look like a show about the supposed missing link...

i think you're spot on there..

they gave it away by changing 44 to 47 million years

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

On page 4 I posted about how if you send the video to someone it says 47 millions years not 44...and now that you said this I noticed it on the actual site as well.
I thought it was a pretty interesting thing that they weren't being consistent and maybe it was done on purpose

[edit on 15-5-2009 by behindtopazeyes]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Perhaps it's an early disclosure-lite to make sure people aren't going to get into the "kill it" mentality - then the gov't discloses officially and hopes that when the little guys arrive they are not met with 'a well armed militia.'

"Shoot it, Earl...."

Or, the gov't waits for the reaction of the world to the program, then decides what they are going to say/not say. That way, if the populace get ugly, they just deny everything and tell us it's just an entertainment channel.
If people really rally behind the cause, they can unveil something a little bit more sensational from their vaults, and tell us a story about how they saved the world.

I'd mentioned earlier that the Vatican keep changing their position recently. First they say that it's okay to communicate with the dead/spirits. Then they say that the aliens are our brothers.
Hmmmm, the Vatican are not exactly known for their mutability, and certainly have never been very forward thinking when it comes to science, so why are they softening? What do they know?

I do know that the Vatican was involved in EVP/ITC experimentation in recent years, and there seems to be some links between these disciplines and the ET phenomenon.

Now, in either case - ET or Spirit - there's some "splainin' to do" if they are proven irrefutably. The existence of both would call into question a couple of thousand years worth of dogma.

Recent years have seen incredible leaps in the ITC/EVP world - where the need for spiritual mediums is replaced by technology. The research I have read isn't so into the whole 'heaven and hell' thing either. Think about it, if you could pick up a special telephone and call your dead relatives, you may have the urge to ask, "What's heaven like..."
If they told you, "Well, it's not like the church sells it..." wouldn't you have some questions for the church?

In the same vein, if ET landed and said something like, "Oh, we taught people about pyramid building, and interbred to create man...." wouldn't you have some questions for the church?

And I really am not attacking people of faith here. It's the Vatican as an organization I have a problem with.

If the Vatican are the source of such a disclosure, they don't get the accusing questions.

Same with the Gov't. If ET lands and says, "hey, remember when we talked back in 1969 on the moon...." Where does NASA put its head?

Disclosure (and we won't know until the 25th, apparently) would mean a lot of housecleaning.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but even though it has been stated several times that the BBC story regarding the lemur type missing link, and the History channel programme on the 25th May are two different subjects.......it should be noted that the BBC documentary with Sir Richard Attenborough is also shrouded in secrecy (Attenborough himself has stated that he is not permitted to discuss it) who's to say that the BBC's documentary will not be screened before the 25th May and that the History channel's programme is just a re-hash of the BBC show?

On a side note , is the running schedule for the History channel in the USA different than in the UK?......only there's nothing special scheduled for the 25th May here in the UK.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Not sure if anyone else notice this, but the video on the History channels webpage changes from "44 million years" to "47 million years"

www.history.com...

Perhaps this is something interesting to note?

YES.... they changed it today

maybe they did to make us think more ... or to confuse us or they corrected a mistake ... hahahhaha who knows

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Or: Maybe it is an anounncement about that ancient spacecraft that was claimed to been found in Iraq.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The only two things I can think that would be of interest are Aliens which I do not believe this is or Jesus.

After finding that thing about the coin I think Christianity and all peoples would be shocked to find out about Jesus and his time in History.

Now the coin I mentioned it has a Constantinople mint C.1 to XC

Coins- facing bust of Christ wearing nimbus cruciger (halo with cross inside) with two pellets in each limb of cross pallium and colobium holding gospels with both hands left IC right XC.

I think this is the right era of Jesus they have him I believe as C1 to 6 more so 6 then change over to AD1 CE is sometimes used for AD

Maybe History is going to have to be changed due to the coins and Jesus birth and death so maybe the Bible will need to be rewritten.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dwest

Are you serious? The Earth isn't 47 Million Years Old?

I was under the impression that the Earth was around 4.6 Billion Years Old. Where did you find that it is stated it is less than 47 Million Years Old?

I know there are some people who claim the Earth is no more than 20,000 Years Old, very hard to believe.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by David Ferrie
www.history.com...

It's the Mayan Doomsday Prophecy.

no .. this show is to go about 60 minuts ... so, there will be 2 hours without any other show? strange humm ... that would be the timming for this new event show

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i'd like to make some points clear about some things being stated in this thread. The whole connection to the vatican is conjecture. a poster put it out there back on page 8 or 9. We have no idea what "famous museum" is being talked about, and when is the last time the Vatican let ANYONE walk around viewing their oh-so-secret museum? only clergy can go there if im not mistaken, and only cardinals and above.

Secondly, this is most likely NOT disclosure, though that possibility should not be ruled out. Disclosure would not be televised on History channel, more like primetime news. BUT, as was stated in the mystery book excerpt, there will be a press conference held. And it sounds like the press conference WILL be aired around primetime.Maybe it WILL be on primetime news. Maybe it is disclosure. Regardless, the press conference is the reason why the Maya episode of decoding the past, which IMO has been played to death, is on at 8. Because if this secret is so earth shattering, i doubt someones going to go ,"Damn, this press conference is boring, lets watch this Decoding the Past for the fifteenth time this month."

IMO, it will be our venerable charlatan, i mean leader, Maitreya, come to have us a little Q&A. The thing in the vault could be BS. i believe thats just put there to throw those of us who still possess those pesky critical thinking skills off track. But what do i know?

Either way, i'm not watching it. i'll wait till someone posts on here the gist of it. You know what would be funny? if its one of those screamer vids from youtube type of thing. Everyones watching and all of a sudden an alien pops up and fils the tv screen, screaming its head off. Actually, that would probably be frigging scary.

love and peace

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

Has´t somebody said something about UFO DISCLOSURE 29 of May 2009?????? Very strangeee and planneddddd hahahahahahahahaha.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Here is a link to an article that states one of the most important discoveries in human-kind has been made. The article is dated May 11, 2009 and states that a show is set to air later in the month, describing in full detail what the discovery consists of.

If this article is accurate, then it would be plausible to think that the History Channel's airing of the even t could coincide with the airing on the BBC.

Here is the link:

www.hindustantimes.com... +found

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by M157yD4wn
Either way, i'm not watching it. i'll wait till someone posts on here the gist of it. You know what would be funny? if its one of those screamer vids from youtube type of thing. Everyones watching and all of a sudden an alien pops up and fils the tv screen, screaming its head off. Actually, that would probably be frigging scary.

Actually, that would be pretty darn hilarious.

Right now, I'm telling myself that I won't watch it, but I'll probably tune in to at least see what the program is called.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Fossil Discovery

I just found this while doing a google search. Talks about the "new" missing link. What I found interesting was that they say "The skeleton will be unveiled at New York City's American Museum of Natural History next Tuesday by Mayor Michael Bloomberg and an international team involved in the discovery". Wouldn't that be Tuesday the 19th??? So it would be a bit early for the global event...because we would have already seen it/heard about it?So why would it be under such lock and key until the 25th?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I just found the same article about the specimen being revealed on the 19th, it doesn't make sense - plus I still feel this news doesn't exactly "send shockwaves"! It also still doesn't resolve any debate.

online.wsj.com...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join