It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

404? Problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Twice in as many days I have encountered this page when trying to view new topics -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In each instance I've subsequently discovered that the topic I've attempted to access has disappeared.

Is there a problem here?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Looks like a post/thread that's been deleated. or one that's been moved to RATS

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

That's one thing I never understood, why does a site like ATS have a special 'secret' section that only certain users can access? Irony perhaps?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's not a secret- just a different topic level.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
It's not a secret- just a different topic level.

The forum itself isn't a secret, but its content certainly is.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thebox

Only if you don't want to pay for it. You have enough points to buy membership in the ATS Store.

Once you buy in spending points you will have access to RATS.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
RATS is a Huge Secret. That's why everyone knows about it, and anyone with a couple of points can get in.
(Or put otherwise: Web bots can't read it. Only humans.)

Which page is it you are trying to view? The link you gave is a link to the 404 page itself. What is the link to the original page you want to view? (Or at least the name of the link i.e. "Most Recently Active Threads"?)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I had a complaint thread this morning, and it is active, but i'm getting the 404 as well...is it for mods only to discuss or what? (in this case i mean)??
thx much (the link in my u2u about the thread being moved doesn't work either if that's relevant)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

If it's a Complaint, then it's probably in the Complaint forum for mods. The U2U you received should state the name of the thread, where it was moved from, and where it was moved to, for example "Your thread SoAndSo was moved from Board Business to Complaints".

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
RATS is a Huge Secret. That's why everyone knows about it, and anyone with a couple of points can get in.
(Or put otherwise: Web bots can't read it. Only humans.)

Which page is it you are trying to view? The link you gave is a link to the 404 page itself. What is the link to the original page you want to view? (Or at least the name of the link i.e. "Most Recently Active Threads"?)

So what's the point of it then? If the *real* meat and two veg of the forum is everywhere *but* the RATS forum then why bother accessing it at all? If it's just there 'for a laugh' I think I'll give it a miss.

It was a thread something to do with us not being told the truth about aliens because of God or something along those lines.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebox
So what's the point of it then? If the *real* meat and two veg of the forum is everywhere *but* the RATS forum then why bother accessing it at all? If it's just there 'for a laugh' I think I'll give it a miss.

RATS is there for people that want to share information/conspiracies that may contain some personal information.

From the RATS forum:

The original intention of RATS was a forum in which users could feel safe to post their theories, observations, stories, etc. of a conspiratorial nature or subject genre related to the AboveTopSecret.com 'Deny Ignorance' motto. Safe from web search bots and prying eyes, general chit chat should take place on BTS or even individual ATS forums.

Personally I rarely visit RATS, and when I do it's for business not pleasure. It's not one of the most active forums. Many members however love RATS.

It was a thread something to do with us not being told the truth about aliens because of God or something along those lines.

You'll have to give me something more precise if we're to find the thread...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

From the RATS forum:

The original intention of RATS was a forum in which users could feel safe to post their theories, observations, stories, etc. of a conspiratorial nature or subject genre related to the AboveTopSecret.com 'Deny Ignorance' motto. Safe from web search bots and prying eyes, general chit chat should take place on BTS or even individual ATS forums.

Personally I rarely visit RATS, and when I do it's for business not pleasure. It's not one of the most active forums. Many members however love RATS.

That's good enough for me. Thanks.

You'll have to give me something more precise if we're to find the thread...

The title had those words in it - "Are we being denied the truth about Aliens because of God?" Though not necessarily in that order! Hmmm...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

The title had those words in it - "Are we being denied the truth about Aliens because of God?" Though not necessarily in that order!

I simply cannot find a thread with that title or a variation of it in any of the forums?

Perhaps one of the other members (or the OP) can remember the correct title?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I simply cannot find a thread with that title or a variation of it in any of the forums?

Perhaps one of the other members (or the OP) can remember the correct title?

I'm pretty sure it was deleted. Who knows?

new topics

top topics

join