It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God hates Scotland - Land of the Sodomite Damned"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Rabid, Baptist preacher Fred Phelps is at it again. And this time he hates the Scots because we love gays and hate God...so we are "fags" and God hates us.

This is all over a minister who has been in an openly gay relationship over the last few years. He has recently moved from Brechin - where he was warmly accepted - to Aberdeen...where a petition is growing to get him out of the Church.

Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, it disgusts me that in today's society, a group is appealing against the decision to allow an openly gay man - Scott Rennie - a position of trust because of his sexuality. The appeal will be heard this month.

The Fellowship of Confessional Churches is gathering petition names online to back their appeal to have him removed from his post.

Religious or not, this is something which all of us should be interested in. It's a hell of an interesting case...especially now that the old Westboro crew are talking about getting on a plane over here! In their eye's if a country accepts gays, then God hates that country.

They may not be attacked in their own country for their picketing...but I can;t see some of the "wee gadgies" in Aberdeen not bricking them.

Please see the links for background on the story.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.pressandjournal.co.uk...

news.scotsman.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, it disgusts me that in today's society, a group is appealing against the decision to allow an openly gay man - Scott Rennie - a position of trust because of his sexuality.

Disgusting? I certainly agree - though I'm not surprised. In America, even with our strict separation of Church and State, many seats of government are off limits to people for a simple lack of a belief in a mystical magical hidden god. I at least take solace in the ardent belief that the Phelps will get what's coming to them. Either at the angry disdain of their god, or the disappointment of the realization that there is no such being. Or at least that there is no afterlife, because god or gods have more important matters to attend to than keeping some naughty or nice list like a Santa Clause for grown ups. I think Omnipotence and personal relationships with god are silly considering the size and scope of the universe. Such a being would have to be omnipotent, and the statement of omnipotence merely opens up the proposition to so many logical and moral problems that the whole idea collapses under it's weight.

Yet for the here and now, we must tolerate the WBBC's of the world and allow them to voice their opinion - no matter how venomous and hateful it is... and do what we can to stem the tide of hatred through reasoned responses and education.

In other news: the US military comes clean on it's "don't ask, don't tell" program.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Anybody can say anything they want about anyone. The problem lies with everyone whispering to someone else about what is acceptable or not. Then the someone's who had never formed an opinion or even paid attention to the subject, goes off and reinvents the something that another said about something that one has no evidence for. Before you know it, there is a faction, a force, a full-blown, side-taking fiasco based on falsehoods.

Anyway. God stopped talking to the crowd from the podium before he ever started.

God is a guessing game. Or God is what your ancestors said God is. Or God doesn't exist. Or God has lots of God buddies who like confusing us with all the different viewpoints on God or no God.

God is a handy tool to use in any argument to sway weak minds and fragile emotions toward supporting a secret and selfish goal of the party of the first part. If you want to divert the focus from the facts, God is a great way to whip up the emotions in porcelain minds.

God can be whatever anyone or everyone wants God to be or nothing at all. How handy is that? And how utterly frightening.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

An evil, hateful man in an evil, hateful family.

They are some of the most despicable people on the face of this planet, and they should be constantly arrested and harassed for inciting hatred.
There is a big difference between freedom of opinion/freedom of speech, and inciting hatred and violence. That is all they do.

The most shocking thing is that no one has killed him yet. I mean, this is a guy who, (in fact their whole evil "Church", (read "Cult")) has protested at the funerals of servicemen. How have they survived?

If they were in my community, they wouldn't last ten minutes. There would be 24hr protests outside their homes, their lives would be made a misery. Why do their neighbors put up with them?

People need to grow some balls and call it like it is, it's blatant hate-speech, incitement, it IS illegal, and they should all be in prison.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ha ha, poor Scotland, being from England i couldn't possibly agree
. Seriously though this stupid preacher is just that and should be ignored.

LASHEIC- I cannot agree with your statment that the U.S possesses a strict seperation of Church & State. Yes in law that may be the case. But in election campaigns, faith is so important, (Just look at the whether Obama was a Muslim or not boo ha, and he had to come out and affirm his Christianity). I could never see an Atheist getting into office in the U.S, just look at the power that Christian gropus have in regards to politics. Abortion issues, stem cell research, the protection of Israel, is all linked to the power of the Christian base.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I love Scotland and the Scotts ..

this guy has no idea what he is talking about.....

I bet he is a Closet-homosexual...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I cannot agree with your statment that the U.S possesses a strict seperation of Church & State. Yes in law that may be the case. But in election campaigns, faith is so important, (Just look at the whether Obama was a Muslim or not boo ha, and he had to come out and affirm his Christianity). I could never see an Atheist getting into office in the U.S, just look at the power that Christian gropus have in regards to politics. Abortion issues, stem cell research, the protection of Israel, is all linked to the power of the Christian base.

But that's exactly what I'm talking about. The juxtaposition between saying one thing in our cherished founding creeds and the actuality of living up to those creeds. For instance, our pledge did not originally include "Under God", nor did our money. These were snuck in later by religious factions desperate to plant the symbol of their faith in our government like an explorer planting their nation's flag on alien soil.

This irony formed between the enshrinement of those political creeds and holy texts is why the Religious Right is often portrayed as characatures of inbred rednecks clutching the constitution in one hand, and the bible in the other. Not to mention there's usually a firearm in there somewhere to juxtapose their taking up of arms meant as a tool of violence against other people, even if just as defense, being in stark contrast to the teachings of their savior.

They just... don't... get it.

However, I don't agree that we will never see an atheist president. Non-religious folk account for about 30% of the voting populace, and those who are willing to vote for an atheist who they see as a competent leader regardless of their own particular religious affiliation could well factor into a victory for a non-religious candidate.

I honestly thought I wouldn't see America's first black president in my lifetime. We also came damned close to having America's first woman president... either Hillary or Palin. Now... well, all bets are off IMO.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I love this story (see link below) about a Vicar and his LOVE for root vegetables... says it all about clean living men of the cloth really..

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Long live Scotland and God Bless the Tolerant

Berth

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

Thanks for starting my day off with a good laugh. I fell on a potato while I was naked. That is like Applachian ER on Saturday Night Live.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by chillpill
Rabid, Baptist preacher Fred Phelps is at it again. And this time he hates the Scots because we love gays and hate God...so we are "fags" and God hates us.

This is all over a minister who has been in an openly gay relationship over the last few years. He has recently moved from Brechin - where he was warmly accepted - to Aberdeen...where a petition is growing to get him out of the Church.

Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, it disgusts me that in today's society, a group is appealing against the decision to allow an openly gay man - Scott Rennie - a position of trust because of his sexuality. The appeal will be heard this month.

The Fellowship of Confessional Churches is gathering petition names online to back their appeal to have him removed from his post.

Religious or not, this is something which all of us should be interested in. It's a hell of an interesting case...especially now that the old Westboro crew are talking about getting on a plane over here! In their eye's if a country accepts gays, then God hates that country.

They may not be attacked in their own country for their picketing...but I can;t see some of the "wee gadgies" in Aberdeen not bricking them.

Please see the links for background on the story.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

www.pressandjournal.co.uk...

news.scotsman.com...

Don't be sad!
Phelps and the rest of his confused people hates the whole world!

Here you can pick your country:
www.godhatestheworld.com...

This site is just hilarious!

And if your country is not listed, it says: COMING SOON! Ha-ha!

God hates the UK:
www.godhatestheworld.com...

Wow! Please don't miss the 'We Are The World' cover song on that page
they have another title for it:

'God Hates The World Music Video'!

I just checked out Sweden! LOL!

Phelps' site calls Sweden "a land of sodomy, bestiality, and incest", and goes on to say: "The King looks like an anal-copulator, & his grinning kids look slutty & gay." ROFLMAO

"You jackass Swedes just don't get it. Once you have laws to chill Bible preaching, we don't give a rat's tutu whatever else you do or say. You are drippings from the Devil's own penis - a veritable sperm bank for Satan's queers.

Goddamn Faggots to the left! Faggots to the right! #ing Faggots everywhere! You goddamn Faggots! God will punish every goddamn one of you in Hell, you'll burn, every goddamn one of you; you know its true, goddamnit!"

(Phelps, in a recent fax communication to the royal family.)

Ahhh! this thread was refreshing, some people & priests cracks me up!

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by badBERTHA

I just choked on a cup of tea reading that one...I cant breathe...

That's brilliant!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Why does any media outlet even bother interviewing that man and his deranged followers?

Personally i'd love to start a campaign to picket their pickets.
Imagine if everywhere they went with their 'God Hates [insert anything here]' signs, a group held up signs saying 'God Hates Fred Phelps'.

And I can't belive 10,000 people have signed the petition opposing his appointment. That 10,000 doesn't even go to that church, so what the hell's it got to do with them?

I've been searching for an online petition to allow him to stay, but I can't find one. Pity i'm in work or i'd make one myself.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Why on earth does he want to be a part of an organization that despises his lifestyle? That's like a black guy joining a KKK clan. Or an honest person going into politics. This screams attention whore to me.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Hi there - there is a cause on facebook for it...I signed up!

There's a plan to picket any picket!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

Cheers chillpill! I'll find the page tonight and get signed up.

top topics

join