It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allegra, Anyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So I've been thinking ...

I don't think I've ever seen this many allergy commercials ever. I mean, going back two years, there were literally none... and now, you can't go through an entire show without seeing at least two commercials.

Leads me to believe -- more and more people are suffering from allergies. Could this be caused by the greater frequency of chemtrails in the air over the past few years?

Just a thought.

I know from myself that I've never suffered from allergies, but these past two years I've been going crazy ... fall, spring, summer, etc.

Odd.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My allergies are going away. I think all the commercials are because people want us to buy there product.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Zuzubar is superior and has no allergies. I squirm in pain when I see those commercials.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
My allergies are going away. I think all the commercials are because people want us to buy there product.

Yes but how come this interest didn't exist a year or two ago? Certainly there had to be a spike in the need for these drugs.

There were always anti-histamine/anti-allergy drugs on the market, but never such a huge ad campaign.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk
So I've been thinking ...

I don't think I've ever seen this many allergy commercials ever. I mean, going back two years, there were literally none... and now, you can't go through an entire show without seeing at least two commercials.

Leads me to believe -- more and more people are suffering from allergies. Could this be caused by the greater frequency of chemtrails in the air over the past few years?

Just a thought.

I know from myself that I've never suffered from allergies, but these past two years I've been going crazy ... fall, spring, summer, etc.

Odd.

Did you move? I moved from the east coast to Ontario and never suffering from allergies I found it amazing that for 5 years I would experience them in the spring and summer. OK now though.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
According to CBS its the elevated pollen count thats in the air....

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
As a child I remember spending each night with washrags over my eyes to reduce the swelling. I for one am glad that these drugs are available now.

But just as an interesting side note, about 5 years ago all the really good antihistamines I used were pulled off the shelves. Evidently someone had a stroke, so in an overabundance of caution, all of the drugs were pulled off the shelf. Shortly thereafter all the new generation drugs came out - Clairitan, flonase, etc. Coincidence? I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Which allergy drug do you think works the best? Claritin always dried my noses and mouth out to much. It made me start coughing.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I hate those commercials.. yeah take this and you'll be able to breath, but your eyes will water, you'll crap your pants every 4 minutes and your tounge will hurt, but by golly you'll be able to breath....

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think allegra prescriptions are almost as popular as car ads. The side effets are too much

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Honestly I find that mine have gotten better as of late. And yeah... I do take allegra

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I do believe it is not over the counter

link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
I think allegra prescriptions are almost as popular as car ads. The side effets are too much

Not if your a frequent and chronic asthma and allergy victim, it saves a lot of pain to take Allegra.

link   
I use patanol when i have watery eyes but thats it.

link   
The Weather Channel provided The Early Show with the latest on pollen count -- the culprit behind allergies.
You can also go to www.weather.com for a pollen count in your area.

Possible coverup>?? i don't know

link   
I've never taken Allegra in my life.. strange, don't think I've even heard of it much.

EDIT: Damn, missed by 6.

500,000 was in this thread!

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by Viendin]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
A lot of this advertising blitz has to do with market share. There are so many safe, effective allergy drugs out there that the competition has gotten fierce.

I've had horrible seasonal allergies all my life, and I can attest to the effectiveness of the new generation of drugs. Strangely enough, my symptoms have actually lessened over the last couple of years even though the mold spore and pollen counts have set new records.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I just got allergies this year for the first time ever. Its weird, i've never been allergic to anything and never had allergies...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Allegra is fairly recent.

As an environmental allergy sufferer for ages I've taken Tavist, Seldane, Claritin, Zyrtec and was most recently given Allegra. I think after a while they must lose their potency thereby requiring a switch. Some of them have funny side effect, some not so funny.

Tavist made my head itch... seldane i read later was causing people heart murmurs or something to that effect. Scary...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Screw all those pills, I use NyQuill. I take it in the morning and again at night. Sure, my teeth are green, but I love that big, freakin' Q! The taste of the green nectar is my favorite flavor now!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join