It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash Ads with Sound?! Argh!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I know they are required for revenue to support the site, and I understand that.

But is there any way to not implement ones such as that boxing one, that plays a repeating loud BASH sound every 2 seconds with no option to turn it off, mute it, or disable it?

There is nothing worse than in the wee hours, when all is quiet, to open a page and be hit with that noise, especially when you're playing soft atmospheric music.

Is there any way to mute these things, am I missing that button?

The last few days I've had to close pages due to it, and the only other option at this point I can see is to use an advert disabling plugin, but I know they are against the TOC and do not wish to go that way.

options??

Cheers

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I found this with a web search.
I don't know the T&C for this so please check.
kb.mozillazine.org...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshwar
I found this with a web search.
I don't know the T&C for this so please check.
kb.mozillazine.org...

Cheers for that, by the looks, the flashmute app seems to be exactly what I was after.

The T&C as far as I'm aware in regards to blocking adverts entirely is that it is forbidden - and given the website is user pay free, they need to generate revenue to keep going somehow, and I accept/agree with that.

All I need now, is for a mod/admin to confirm I can apply this

FlashMute

FlashMute is a tool which allows you to mute/unmute Flash Movies loaded in a browser exclusively, or alternatively all sounds produced by the browser.

It doesn't disable the advert, just it's audio.

And to be honest, the audio of a number of flash adds in many websites these days, forces the user to can the page, because it's so arrogant in it's persistence.

Thank you kaleshwar - I should have done a google myself, but didn't think there would be such an app. *kicks self in bum*

new topics

join