It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing biological material contained small amounts of Ebola gene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Missing biological material contained small amounts of Ebola gene

WINNIPEG - Canada's National Microbiology Laboratory is reviewing its security measures after vials containing safe traces of the Ebola gene were allegedly swiped by a scientist four months ago.

Source

Apparently this man was arrested trying to cross over U.S. border with 22 viles which each contained "safe" traces of Ebola gene. They disregard it as just being a gene by itself and had no concern because it's "non-infectious"

It's an interesting story to say the least with all the recent dead microbioligists popping up all over the place don't you think? And now this?

40 Microbiologists Killed: Something Fishy Going On?

Something smells and I don't like it.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
What is scary is that he stole it, even more scary that transgenic viruses seem to be the rage of the future.

We are in deep ka ka over biological engineered viruses...

Let's pray sanity prevails before it's a full 12 monkeys episode being played out for real.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Any possibilities of adding this gene to any kind of virus? A possible attack of somesort?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

Yes, most transgenic engineering can achieve just that, gene splicing into other viruses to allow the ebola trait to be realized in a pandemic potential.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Interesting with all the reports of the H1N1 virus being very easily spread. . . although i'm sure nothing will come of the initial H1N1 because that would be too obvious or simple wouldn't it?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It goes like this.. the world is plagued by killer mutated viruses. Millions are dying, the scientists that can stop it all died in mysterious car crashes -but one company will save the day! ViroCorp who happens to have a radical new treatment for viruses. This subsidiary of Dick Cheney Enterprises has the cure and for $5 per person per day you can continue living. Thanks ViroCorp!

[edit on 14-5-2009 by contemplator]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I read that the only thing that the scientist could have done with the Ebola gene was to use it to create vaccines

"It was just a gene. It was not infectious," Plummer told reporters Wednesday. "The only thing (Yao) could have done with it would be to make an Ebola vaccine."

www.cp24.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.cp24.com... TVNews/20090514/090514_smuggling_vials/20090514/?hub=CP24Home

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyfrompain

lol being this is a conspiracy forum I wouldn't take everything they say as pure truth.

top topics

join