It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses Christian or Cult?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by holywar
"M&M gals"... LOL!!!

i dont get it....

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Miriam & Maribel

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
omg, i didnt realize your name was maribel. lol

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

You talk about gospel preaching christians or whatnot but let me ask you a question. What is the "gospel" to the methodist church? I grew up baptist so all we knew was that when you died, you'd go to heaven or hell and when Jesus returned, he'd take those alive and we'd live in heaven forever.
As a kid, that's how this was percieved. Now, after researching and association with the CoG congregations I realize that we don't go to heaven or hell when we die. We stay dead until Jesus returns to resurrect us. I also discovered that when you go to the lake of fire, it's not a never-ending punishment in fire. It's a second death. I learned that mankind's place is on earth, not in heaven. Jesus will set His kingdom on earth. I also know that in order to be part of God's government on earth you must live by "Every Word of God" by "following the commandments of God and having the testimony of Jesus Christ." This includes all 10 commandments and all bylaws not done away with by the permanent High Priest of Jesus Christ (animal sacrifices, circumcisions, temple rituals, etc.). This means we follow the laws of clean and unclean meats, the Holy Days, the Sabbath commandment, refrain from idolatry (prayer crosses, praying at a picture of a false Jesus, hail mary, rosary, and any material posessions you put OVER God.). Many of these things are done by "well-meaning" christians led by their pastors and ministers because they were RAISED that way and fail to do further research short of that taught by the church in question. Do me a favor and don't let one family member's incident turn your back on the possibility that this organization known as Jehovas Witnesses may be on to something. I'm not one myself but I have similar beliefs. Research involves an open mind and careful referencing with bibles and history books. It doesn't hurt to have a concordance and hebrew-greek dictionary either.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
As I stated earlier I am off this sad, sad thread.

STM

[edit on 5/22/2009 by seentoomuch]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

That's your loss. There is much valuable information here. Let God lead you, not your past.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
dthwraith... what is your verdict? or is the jury still out?

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar

Well I was leaning towards not a cult, but then some great points and vids where posted here.
BelowTopSecret

So now I'm back up in the air.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
those vids are trash...

the guy immediately misapplies a chapter in the first vid and rest of the videos are mostly lies or half truths

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Dangerous Cults like the Watchtower are more disgustingly vile than Satanism or Atheism because they actually fool people with good intentions into believing they are saved. But its a false gospel - with a false Christ and a bunch of false doctrines. So they are damned and believe they are saved. Its really sad.

That's why cults like this are 100 times worse than skeptics or atheists.

Satanists know they deny Christ. JW think they honor God while disparaging his word and leading people into deception. That's why there is special punishment reserved for false prophets.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
those vids are trash...

the guy immediately misapplies a chapter in the first vid and rest of the videos are mostly lies or half truths

Walter Martin is a ordained Baptist Minister and a member of the Southern Baptist Convention. He holds four earned degrees.
He has a Bachelors degree from Shelton College.
He has a Bachelor of Religious Education from Shelton College.
He has a Master's Degree from New York University.
He obtained a Ph.D. in 1976 from California Coast University.
He is trained in the ancient languages of the Scriptures, although he is careful to maintain he is not a linguist.

I don't see how you can say that his vids are trash when he's been schooled. He doesn't misapply anything and he doesn't lie or say half truths.
I wonder what his daughter Jill would say to you about your accusations?

Thanks,
TT

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Dangerous Cults like the Watchtower are more disgustingly vile than Satanism or Atheism because they actually fool people with good intentions into believing they are saved. But its a false gospel - with a false Christ and a bunch of false doctrines. So they are damned and believe they are saved. Its really sad.

That is the gospel truth. Awesome post!!!
Thanks,
TT

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by texastig
I don't see how you can say that his vids are trash when he's been schooled. He doesn't misapply anything and he doesn't lie or say half truths.
I wonder what his daughter Jill would say to you about your accusations?

the pharisees were "schooled" and they got things wrong. being schooled has nothing with one's ability to read god's word (besides the obvious of learning to read).

the man used 1 cor 15 and DID misapply it. he began teaching a doctrine based on the first half of the chapter, but neglected to mention that paul himself refutes him in the second half.

im not saying walter isnt smart, im saying that walter should know better. especially being in a situation were he is "leading" a flock.

i would quote the chapter and show you how he misapplied it, but i would be wasting my energy as i already explained it in the other thread

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
Dangerous Cults like the Watchtower are more disgustingly vile than Satanism or Atheism because they actually fool people with good intentions into believing they are saved. But its a false gospel - with a false Christ and a bunch of false doctrines.

so telling people the truth about false doctrines like hellfire, the trinity, and immortality of the soul by letting the bible speak for itself is in itself a "false" doctrine...

interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I'm arguing about being called a "cult" on bluejay's thread on the truth about hell. This guy is telling me that the Living Church of God (the church I follow) is at the top of the list in a cult watch website. All because we believel that hell is a permanent death and that the word "hell" is misapplied in the bible. I could use your help there becaus this is one area where we really agree and can stick up for each other. God be with you.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

I'm arguing about being called a "cult" on bluejay's thread on the truth about hell. This guy is telling me that the Living Church of God (the church I follow) is at the top of the list in a cult watch website. All because we believel that hell is a permanent death and that the word "hell" is misapplied in the bible. I could use your help there becaus this is one area where we really agree and can stick up for each other. God be with you.

where?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Go back one page and read where I started posting and you'll see where this guy starts calling the "Living Church of God" a "dangerous" cult.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
for what it literally stands for,

Jehova's witness, one who testifies of faith.

it is to rise in awareness. let the awareness become part of you. Getting sick first is natural, one proceeds trough the sickness with fait.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join