It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are a Few of the Torture Photos Obama Doesn't Want You To See

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BingeBob
While my last post was a little off topic it was in response to terror suspects having constitutional rights to due process which does play into this thread

Hello? See my last post.

Back ON TOPIC...Ill reiterate How do we know that these pictures were of tortured people? How do we know they werent in a fight with other prisoners or involved in a vehicle accident?

Because of soldier's testimonies, video & photographic evidence, blabla - you name it. It's already been decided in court what happened and some of the torturers are now in jail, what more proof do you require?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
reply to post by SFwife

Why would anyone care about terrorist ? Why would anyone defend them or have any empathy at all ? I don't understand it and I never will .

Maybe because some of people in those photos and lot of innocent people ended up tortured in Abu Ghraib and other places, not all of them were guilty terrorists you know!

And maybe that's why some of them now are going to court to sue the US, and therefore the sudden need of the photos in court!

The people from Abu Ghraib were tried and punished. These other photo's may be needed in court but not posted on the Internet for the pleasure of Voyeurs and to incite the Terrorists to kill more Soldiers who had nothing to do with it.

This is one sick world we live in where people get their jollies viewing photo's that could cause others deaths simply by their being posted.

Let the bad Soldiers be tried in court and stop endangering the Soldiers who had nothing to do with it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If you guys saw pictures like the ones on the links coming out of a regular prison or jail, would you guys still say that the person or people were tortured?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RE2505
Why not show some pictures of our soldiers torn apart by IED's and suicide bombers as they work to rebuild stabilty. Or maybe pictures of our soldiers dragged out of vehicles and executed in front of cheering crowds who then proceed to play football with said soldiers heads. I'm sorry but these "torture" pictures pale in comparison to the evil done by the iraqi's. Get a grip. You think captured nato forces would be treated better by these people? Haha, they would be lucky to even see the inside of a pow camp.

Hmmm If your country was occupied by foreign nationals engaged in an illegal war, wouldn't you do whatever you could to eradicate the occupier?

And this "evil" done by the Iraqis pales in comparison to what I would do to an occupying military in my country...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I can't think of a single reason to compel those men to do that. If they need killing, then kill them, but not that.

That is disgusting.

Perverted.

And the perps should have a broomstick broken off in their . . .

Never mind.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
Because of soldier's testimonies, video & photographic evidence, blabla - you name it. It's already been decided in court what happened and some of the torturers are now in jail, what more proof do you require?

And you know this about THESE PICTURES for a FACT?

Careful you are getting very close to saying that these pictures are representative of whats happening. This thread is about THESE specific pictures being leaked or not leaked.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by BingeBob

I am not talking about constitutional rights, foolish man

Actually, originally I replied to your post that said you think that enemy combatants should be afforded the same due process rights as an american citizen...

"I'm a MAN who built the eiffel tower out of metal...and brawn..."

Lighten up a little bit...

[edit on 14-5-2009 by BingeBob]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yeah, they represent the US military, and while there is nothing wrong with having a feared and powerful army, in fact it is desireable, we don't want to be seen as a bunch of sex offenders like the pawn shop owners in Pulp Fiction. Those people are a disgrace to the uniform.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A war based on lies.

Institutionalized torture.

A president who refuses to prosecute his predecessor for war crimes, illegal wire tapping and more

Continuation of rendition.

America has lost it's moral authority.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
..Ok I'm sorry if someone has already said it but these pics are from the Abu prison in Iraq.

AKA these are OLD...we've already seen these before.

What's the news here? Obama doesn't want us to see these pics that are no where near as horrible as the other ones posted all over the internet years ago?

oh.and yes...these pics do represent TORTURE done by the US military. Stop trying to say the US military does not torture. It's obvious they do. I'm an American and I'm not AFRAID to say my military is sick and depraved in so many ways.

But what army isn't?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

[edit on 14-5-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The people from Abu Ghraib were tried and punished. These other photo's may be needed in court but not posted on the Internet for the pleasure of Voyeurs and to incite the Terrorists to kill more Soldiers who had nothing to do with it.

This is one sick world we live in where people get their jollies viewing photo's that could cause others deaths simply by their being posted.

Let the bad Soldiers be tried in court and stop endangering the Soldiers who had nothing to do with it.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Exactly!

Can't we just for a second think of the consequences of these photos being released?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

That is a lie reaching for another lie; Saddam gave suicide bombers family’s money.

We have armed both Saddam and OBL...we have armed all kinds of militant groups who suit out interests...and then we turn on them for the same purpose.

The US needs to stay the hell out of other countries affairs! It's our foreign policy that has ruined our standing with the rest of the world...and is also help bleeding the wealth of this country dry!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

I can't say i get "jollies" from viewing those pictures. So its wrong to leak them then?

So you're not interested in seeing what these soldiers are doing in the name of you and your country? Yeah i mean its pretty uncomfortable isn't it? I know! Lets just sweep it under the rug and hope it will go away.

I have to say its great seeing the United States spread "peace" and "democracy." Its sad it really is. America has never spread peace and democracy, 99% of the time its all politically motivated. The Middle East has been used as the West's toilet for the past 90 odd years! If America was this wonderful beacon of peace and liberty that they make themselves out to be then, places such as Zimbabwe or Burma would have liberated.

Not Iraq, who i might add posed no threat whatsoever to the United States.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
A war based on lies.

Institutionalized torture.

A president who refuses to prosecute his predecessor for war crimes, illegal wire tapping and more

Continuation of rendition.

America has lost it's moral authority.

America never had any moral authority. To ever say that we did is presumptious and arrogant.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
In my oppinion this is just a way to distract the masses again. Ie they give you some details about what happens in a couple prisons. Like waterboarding you think thats all they do your seriously logically flawed they do some serious heinous # in them places and its our govt. And those aint the only ones there 100s of the places out there where the exact same thing happens but they give us a taste as soon as the last admin is out to make us hate them then we forget all about the obama admin and all his crimes and press for charges that will never come, though everyone involved should be jailed.

And for yall saying oh were only doing it to protect america thats bull# most torture tactics dont work and people give up whatever ie madeup # just to make the pain stop, and imo its mostly to cause pain not gain info

and to yall saying there doing worse to us, it seems yall forget the fact that we invaded their holy land and blow up their buildings destroy their jobs, murder their families and rip them of their natural resources, just like we do with every other country we have grips in, if some muslim country invaded america and patrolled our streets and controlled our lives we would kill them mofos too we wouldnt just sit there and be like oh there here to help us, because i can tell you this we didnt bring them democracy not even a republic but a hellhole with a different leader doing the same #

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

That is a lie reaching for another lie; Saddam gave suicide bombers family’s money.

We have armed both Saddam and OBL...we have armed all kinds of militant groups who suit out interests...and then we turn on them for the same purpose.

The US needs to stay the hell out of other countries affairs! It's our foreign policy that has ruined our standing with the rest of the world...and is also help bleeding the wealth of this country dry!

right on we give the means to kill some *snip* then when they dont do what we wantem to do they wanna blow em up because they want to destroy our "freedoms"

Mod Edit: snipped Offensive Content

[edit on 5/14/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

You dont see China and India do this because they are not so stupid as to air their dirty laundry to the whole world.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
And the release of these pics and docs are only going to leave us in the middle east longer, when they see this # happening to their people they gonna get #ty and here go some more dead soilders and more people wanting us to get back at them and thus the never ending story of death will continue

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreaken1993

Originally posted by David9176

right on we give the means to kill some *snip* then when they dont do what we wantem to do they wanna blow em up because they want to destroy our "freedoms"

*snip* Are you for real?

Have i just gone back in time to 1950s Mississippi?

Mod edit: removed Offensive Content

[edit on 5/14/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join