It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I now have a 3D ATS Ufo on my website.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I thought some of you might get a kick out of my ATS Ufo on my personal website.

www.ianwilson.me...

I wanted something to show interactivity, so it shoots a lazer and is in 3D. Controls are:

[Movement] A S D W
[Teleport] Q
[Reset location] E

Still working on the site so you will probably find some bugs and flaws.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Lol, cute! I had about 5 minutes of fun with it. Well done.

Cherry

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
that's cool, well done

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

I'll have to throw in a few targets for it to shoot once and a while... and sound effects.

@Sauron Thanks, this site is my most addictive past time next to work which is now between contracts hence my site. I have way too much free time now...

[edit on 14-5-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Targets sound awseome!! or what about cows at the bottom of the screen running around that you could abduct lol.

I'm getting carried away now

Cherry

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

No, cow abduction would be awesome... I have to work that in now... haha.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Love the UFO --- and good portfolio too! I am interested in hearing more about the game you are developing for facebook..?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

It's a cyberpunk style game that fuses technology and magic into a mob wars like game, but far more involved.

I have all the character creation done and all the UI pages laid out. Lots of work to do, but so far it's coming along great.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

cheap thrills well that killed about 5 minutes

That was worth following the link

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks Slayer...

I have a pig and cow now added, found two low poly models, just need to rig them and get them animated.

Abductions and killing to ensue... TBC.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Lol nice cow and piggy, so are you going to make it so you can abduct them? or explode them lol

Fun fun
Cherry

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Most certainly, that was a mint recommendation. I luckly found some low poly cow/pig models, saves me hours of work to create them myself. Just hammering out all the interactions.

Both abduction and killing should suffice... I'll have to set a toggle for kill mode and abduct mode on the keyboard.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I liked that it was cool

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
For a little project, it looks nice and seems to have some potential.

The controls are a little awkward at the moment though, but then again you're using java and not some pre-made 3d engine, so I guess it all depends on the coder.

Personally, I was a little disappointed after I saw the control lay-out on this page, and the quirky game on the actual page.

But hey that's just me.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
What fun!! Way too addictive...

By the way, the pig sneezed when I killed it...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
That is an interesting glitch, the sneezing pig lol.

I'll get more up tomorrow, have to get some sleep sometime tonight.

This is a flash app, not Java and it is using Papervision3D 2.0 Great White as the 3D engine. When I rig and animate the cow and pig, it will look more interesting.

A bit more work to do, abduction and some animation needed.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
cool thank you for this

I do like to read these

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
This is a flash app, not Java and it is using Papervision3D 2.0 Great White as the 3D engine. When I rig and animate the cow and pig, it will look more interesting.

Whoops my bad. (Should've known since right-clicking produces the about text
)
Same thing still applies though, and with 3d engine I was referring to ''3d game-engine''. (Should've made that clear) I doubt that Papervision3D was deliberately made for gaming experience?

Regardless, I'll see what kind of progress comes from this.

+2 for 3dsmax experience
(Though I prefer Maya's friendlyness more lol, I hate 3dsmax's modifier list, not that it matters much since Autodesk is buying up one 3d modeling package after another)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
This interesting...I just tried to access your site from work to have a look at this and Websense blocked my access under the category 'sex'

This is gonna look good to the IT boys in work, ain't it?

What's on there that might have done this or is it overly secure web filtering at my end?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

MGGG,

Almost exactly a year ago, there was a mass attempt by virus developers to inject malicious code via exploits in Flash player. It was actually a pretty big problem that attacked even some of the biggest companies (Microsoft, Discovery Channel, Governmental Facilities to name a few).

Often these saw the beginning of their lifecycle revolving around (as they always seem to be) sex sites.

It's possible that your IT crew simply lumped together all flash apps (not necessarily all flash content, just apps - bidirectional ability) as 'sex' and most likely would realize that you simply attempted to instantiate such an app.

AB1

top topics

<<   2 >>

join