It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water company admits fluoride overload

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Yea, the best water quality in the world. Sure it is.. just keep twirling your glow lights.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The fact that fluoride has been repeatedly shown to have zero positive effects on health, and has been shown to cause damage to human teeth, should be a giant red flag for anyone.

It's ridiculous that we are having to fight to find quality sources of uncontaminated water in such highly developed countries; pathetic. People show time and again that they refuse to be proactive about their health and safety; Only when the negative effects are shoved right in their faces will they react on a scale that will bring about change.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There has never been a good reason to "add" fluoride to our water.'
Never.

It is an efficient way for "someone" to get rid of a waste product -
and make a few bucks while they are at it.
Period.

There should be no "mistakes" made with fluoride -
because it should not be added in the first place.
It's just another irresponsible and dangerous sham.

And - one day we will take note - of all of these shams -
and we won't let them happen.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

No sweetie, you need to be the one to get a grip. Zenius is right, you need to have a reverse osmosis filter, not any water filter will work to remove fluoride. I think you should take a little time to look into fluoride before you tell someone to get a grip.Cheers.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
We must examine the disingenuous excuse used to promote the idea that there should be something such as a 'recommended level' of fluoride in a person's diet.

The only application for fluoride is for the purposes of preventing caries (cavities in teeth). It is only effective when applied directly to the teeth. Drinking it, washing in it, eating it, serves no purpose. But there is even a more relevant point, once a person is beyond puberty (and maybe even earlier in life) fluoride does NOT reduce cavities, or does so at exponentially reduced effectiveness.

Why not have fluoridated water in portions for the use in children (assuming that would be considered safe?) Adults don't need it; we certainly don't need to wash in it, or cook with it.

How much does fluoride cost? Is anybody other than DOW chemical and Monsanto making a profit from this nonsense? What reason would there possibly be in any health professional's opinion that could justify 'mass' dosing of unregulated intake of a medical substance? I'll give you a hint. Nothing medical justifies it.

Fluoride is been mass marketed to us as a 'nutritional' need. It is not. It is, in fact, an industrial waste product, and highly toxic.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There has been no scientific studies that I can find about fluoride getting into the body through hot baths or showers, let alone steam rooms! Nobody know. I've contacted steam room manufactures, chemical engineers, EPA, ECA and various other "experts" and none can say anything about it. There is no question anymore that fluoride is not needed as a mandated drug in our water supplies anymore than prozac is. But getting it out of the water is not so easy. I've not heard that R.O. will remove it, but distallation will. It is a pain to try and get away from it if your live in an area that has it in the public water supply

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Flouride, among a lot of other bad things, is responsible for blocking up neurotransmission in the brain, giving you a permanent "brain fog". It reduces IQ. It will also calcify the pineal gland.

It is not healthy. It does squat to save your teeth. Want to save your teeth? Stop eating processed sugar and brush regularly. Eat lots of vegetables so you get enough minerals and calcium. Yes, you get calcium from vegetables too, consult some nutricionist, online or offline.

Flouride is very hard to filter out of the water. Only more expensive filters manage to do it. I think reverse osmosis filters might filter Flouride, but I'm not 100% sure.

I personally try to drink mostly mountain spring water, which I collect myself and store in a dark cold room, away from sunlight in either glass, clay or stone.

It's all about the water, your body is 70%+ water, so the quality of the water you ingest has very direct implications on both health and psyche.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GriffinRD

I believe your research is lacking, or your sources are incomplete. Just for starters

Source: Scientists at drug company admit... www.thememoryhole.org...

Somehow, the research you have exposed seems not to include this...
or this:

-Summation of Data on Fluoride & Bone Damage (at Exposure Levels Relevant to EPA’s Current MCL) www.fluoridealert.org...
- Fluoride & Bone Damage: Published Data
www.fluoridealert.org...
- Translation of Chinese Fetal Bone Study
www.fluoridealert.org...
- FAN’s response to EPA’s criticisms of submitted health studies.
www.fluoridealert.org...
- Translation of Bachinskii Paper
www.fluoridealert.org...
- A comparison of a review of animal studies on fluoride’s reproductive effects by Stan Freni (1994) and the DHHS (1991).
www.fluoridealert.org...
- Adverse Effects on Male Reproductive System
www.fluorideaction.org...
- Adverse Effects on Brain
– Fluoride Ingestion from Toothpaste
www.fluoridealert.org...
- Objections based on OPP failure to adhere to statutes and guidelines
www.fluoridealert.org...
- Summary of the residue tolerances for Sulfuryl fluoride and the food categories with Residue Tolerances in these categories
- Comparisons of Residue Tolerances: Final vs. Proposed

NOW PLEASE - understand that these are not meant to be reference links. They are solid examples of the 'research' the promoters of fluoridation 'fail' to mention in their statistics. In fact, the research shown us is so twisted as to be bordering on fraud.

*Snip*

from a debate ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's so much more......

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
OK this isn't funny I live in Brisbane this is MY drinking water like WTH

omg where do I start as to just how bad fluoride is for people

k a few links here

Toxic Effects of Fluoride

Fluoride IS a poison! The 1984 issue of Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products lists fluoride as more poisonous than lead and just slightly less poisonous than arsenic. It has been used as a pesticide for mice, rats and other small pests. A 10# infant could be killed by 1/100 of an ounce and a 100# adult could be killed by 1/10 of an ounce of fluoride. The Akron Regional Poison Center indicates that a 7 ounce tube of toothpaste contains 199 mg. of fluoride, more than enough to kill a 25# child. Even Procter & Gamble, the maker of Crest, acknowledges that this is true "theoretically, at least." There are documented deaths of infants and children caused by "normal dosage" of fluoride tablets or treatments.

and many other links regarding this is, it shouldn't be in our water to begin with!!

WikiAnsweres

Dangers of Fluoride

and I could go on...

Can you 'purify' fluoride out of water though boiling and such?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
They were testing to see the effects produced, from crime rates, to people calling in sick, to car crashes etc.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

I've lived in brisbane all my life we had fluoride when I was young... some 30 odd years ago but then it stopped and only just now brought it back in .... just intime to poison us...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Great stuff here.

Thanks for all the info guys. There's a lot of info out there.

Is there any data out there in relation to countries that do use fluoride and ones that don't?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Great to see that the supplier of Brisbanes fluoride also has an escape clause.

LAWS introducing fluoride to Queensland's water supply contained a clause banning legal action for compensation if problems should arise.

Lawyer Mark O'Connor, of Bennett and Philp Lawyers, revealed the clause while demanding that the Queensland Government should pay for medical tests for Brisbane residents affected by a fluoride bungle.
Link

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

Wow, isn't that convenient.

See, not a second.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
au.news.yahoo.com...

A Brisbane compensation lawyer says residents who received water with elevated fluoride levels will not be able to take action against the Queensland Government.

For three hours earlier this month some residents at Brendale and Warner, just north of Brisbane, were drinking water with a fluoride concentration 20 times higher than the recommended maximum limit.

that's pretty digusting....
understandable though because i'm pretty sure plenty of people would milk that cow if it ever came along.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by GriffinRD

I believe your research is lacking, or your sources are incomplete. Just for starters

Source: Scientists at drug company admit... www.thememoryhole.org...

Somehow, the research you have exposed seems not to include this...
or this:

-Summation of Data on Fluoride & Bone Damage (at Exposure Levels Relevant to EPA’s Current MCL) www.fluoridealert.org...
- Fluoride & Bone Damage: Published Data
www.fluoridealert.org...
- Translation of Chinese Fetal Bone Study
www.fluoridealert.org...
- FAN’s response to EPA’s criticisms of submitted health studies.
www.fluoridealert.org...
- Translation of Bachinskii Paper
www.fluoridealert.org...
- A comparison of a review of animal studies on fluoride’s reproductive effects by Stan Freni (1994) and the DHHS (1991).
www.fluoridealert.org...
- Adverse Effects on Male Reproductive System
- Adverse Effects on Brain
– Fluoride Ingestion from Toothpaste
www.fluoridealert.org...
- Objections based on OPP failure to adhere to statutes and guidelines
www.fluoridealert.org...
- Summary of the residue tolerances for Sulfuryl fluoride and the food categories with Residue Tolerances in these categories
- Comparisons of Residue Tolerances: Final vs. Proposed

NOW PLEASE - understand that these are not meant to be reference links. They are solid examples of the 'research' the promoters of fluoridation 'fail' to mention in their statistics. In fact, the research shown us is so twisted as to be bordering on fraud.

*Snip*

from a debate ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's so much more......

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Maxmars]
None of this research speaks to my concern. I know fluoride research shows ingestion issues that lead to concerns about it being a poison. That is what your links show. Show me some links that talk about inhaling fluorine gas, or if fluoride in the water supply can be absorbed through the skin in bathing or steam rooms?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

That's some scary research. The net is littered with stories like this. Why isn't it in the media more. All you hear is fluoride is great for your teeth.

I found a very interesting group of videos about Codex and Fluoride.

floydanderson.blogspot.com...

Scary stuff indeed. There have been many threads about Codex on ATS over the last weeks.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
One of the scientists on this site said that the synthetic form of fluoride being used is 50 times as toxic as naturally occurring fluoride. Does this mean the levels are really close to 50 times over the true safety limit? Is the 1ppm based on x liters ingested daily set for the fluoride being used, or not?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

That question is a little over my head. I'm still trying to digest the issue. One of our scientist members will have to answer that.

The scary thing is what is "synthetic" fluoride? The natural stuff is nasty enough. What are they creating?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I've suffered from migraine headaches weekly for more than 10 years. Recently I read that flouride could be a possible cause for the migraines. For the last two months I have cut out as much flouride from my diet as possible via bottled water and non flouridated toothpaste. I'm happy to report I have not had a single migraine since I made the switch to a flouride free diet!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join