It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will designer brains divide humanity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Designer brains? An idea that might frutify in the future. We can imagine how we can choose the kind of brain we want, which will be linked to an outside system, and will enable us to communicate telepathically and also get information from outside, making the interent obsolete.

WE ARE on the brink of technological breakthroughs that could augment our mental powers beyond recognition. It will soon be possible to boost human brainpower with electronic "plug-ins" or even by genetic enhancement. What will this mean for the future of humanity?

This was the theme of a recent Neuroscience in Context meeting in Berlin, Germany, where anthropologists, technologists, neurologists, archaeologists and philosophers met to consider the implications of this next stage of human brain development. Would it widen the gulf between the world's haves and have-nots - and perhaps even lead to a distinct and dominant species with unmatchable powers of intellect?

Source: New Scientist

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In my opinion, the only thing this will do is cause a riff between the augmented and the normals. Be it through implants or designer genes.

It will just create a dominate thinker class, and then the normals which would be your labour force. And it'll only be affordable by the rich, so the rich will be the dominating class (as if they arent already) but it will be amplified.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

I thought the same thing, it's only going to be for the Rich, but albeit a Woman on TED, revealed a very cool designer tool, for around 150 I suppose USD.

I'm looking forward to thinking google, asking a mental question to google, then getting a google answer

Not really looking forward to the gov't in my brain though, tin foil hat fellows!

join