It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Parties have been taken over by the GOP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
www.thegopcomeback.com...

Pretty sad. Can anything be done about it?

WIll anything be done about it?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Not if we want to demonstrate the Tea Parties "peacefully."

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I say let the GOP have the Tea parties. and let the Democrats have fun with it. Let them fight it out with each other.

The folks that are genuinely interested in the Constitution, and a more fair form of taxation should stealthily move towards peaceful protests, with a different theme. And there certainly are plenty!

[edit on 13-5-2009 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
That is a shame to take some grassroots movement and move it into one of the political parties. Especially, since it was Democrats and Republicans, and others that were protesting. This problem of government waste and overtaxation crosses all boundries of politics.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
That is a shame to take some grassroots movement and move it into one of the political parties. Especially, since it was Democrats and Republicans, and others that were protesting. This problem of government waste and overtaxation crosses all boundries of politics.

Exactly. That is what pisses me off.

And my own governor does not seem to realize that.

Arrogant SOB.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Son of a Swine Flu!!

Figures the GOP would try something like this. I wrote a thread on the Houston Tea Party and I will tell you that if someone starts using the Tea Parties as an excuse to promote the GOP they will be accosted by very angry Patriots.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Son of a Swine Flu!!

Figures the GOP would try something like this. I wrote a thread on the Houston Tea Party and I will tell you that if someone starts using the Tea Parties as an excuse to promote the GOP they will be accosted by very angry Patriots.

Funny it was for all to see in bold back in April, yet you folks didnt seem to care then, just marched on and held their hands. When it was made apparent of the agenda behind the protests you folks continued to attack and ignore, and why? Because in reality you dont give a damn, and come 2012 the vast majority of you folks will be right back behind the polling stations votin for good ol' jeb bush, Romney or [insert GOP candidate here].

There are some real folks and real constitutionalist with real concerns among these self proclaimed "revolutionaries" but they are very few (probably afew 100) however they have allowed themselves to mix in with the typical suspects. A shame I tell ya.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
i think they staged the "racist" connection to discredit the protests.

that's what i see obama doing ... making anyone who disagrees with him a "racist".

top topics

join