It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican lawmakers back carbon tax (yes, that's right)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — Reps. Bob Inglis of South Carolina and Jeff Flake of Arizona on Wednesday became the first Republican lawmakers to introduce legislation imposing a carbon tax on producers and distributors of fossil fuels. The bill, co-sponsored by Democratic Rep. Dan Lipinski of Illinois , would set a tax of $15 a ton of carbon dioxide produced in its first year in effect, with the tax rising to $100 a ton over three decades. "The first axiom of economics is if you want less of something, you tax it," said Flake, a leading fiscal conservative, in an interview. "Obviously, we want less carbon, so we tax it." Inglis noted that several prominent conservatives support a direct carbon tax: Arthur Laffer , a former economic adviser to President Ronald Reagan , and Gregory Mankiw , who advised President George W. Bush and is now a Harvard University economics professor.

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Ag.CJvg.Hug._uvek5IYlums0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'JxOHB0N3Z2BGFzc2V0Ay9tY2NsYXRjaHkvMjAwO TA1MTMvcGxfbWNjbGF0Y2h5LzMyMzI4MDYEcG9zAzIEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA3JlcHVibGljYW5sYQ--

Glad to see Republicans jump on the Global warming bandwagon as well. Once again...no real difference.

I bet they even call themselves Conservative.....

ENOUGH WITH THE DAMN TAXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I copied and pasted this link..why is it posting funky?)
[edit on 13-5-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 13-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Now how much longer before they tax families for breathing, or having fires in the fireplace to heat their homes?

This scam is just getting scary.

I just went over this thread again, the other day, while explaining to friends that it is happening...
www.abovetopsecret.com... (Rothschilds to take the lead in the global carbon trading market)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

The whole thing is nuts. Energy taxes, soda taxes, alcohol taxes, cigarette taxes, TAXES EVERYWHERE.

And of course...we can't forget about that little thing called "inflation!"

The middle class is about to be neutered.

It's just not right. The middle class is going to be taxed out of existence.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Much of the middle class has already been eradicated, and are now struggling to survive and losing a lot....

But yeah, all these taxes are insane, and NOT the answer. I dunno how the government expects WE THE PEOPLE to get them outta debt, but not happening.

I seriously think they are just taunting us, getting us worked up and upset until we finally break, and violence breaks out. There is no turning back, they made that clear.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Now how much longer before they tax families for breathing, or having fires in the fireplace to heat their homes?

This scam is just getting scary.

I just went over this thread again, the other day, while explaining to friends that it is happening...
www.abovetopsecret.com... (Rothschilds to take the lead in the global carbon trading market)

have you heard the song "Taxman" By "The Beatles"

that song is coming to life..and at a fast pace

a couple of quotes in the song

www.songmeanings.net...

If you drive a car, I�ll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I�ll tax your seat,
If you get too cold, I�ll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I�ll tax your feet.

And you�re working for no-one but me,
Taxman.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Thank you for posting about that. I had never heard of it.
Very interesting... Song starts eventually.

Geez, video embed didn't work...

www.youtube.com... - link... maybe it'll work. If not, I give up.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm lactose intollerant. Does that mean I have to register how much CO2 and methane I put out in a year, will I have to have a meter on my head and my butt?

This is just down right stupid, the whole thing is a scam and a tax to criple the economy.

new topics

top topics

join