It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My heart sank when I saw the stunning effects in District9

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'll step up for CGI here and say that it is very helpful in terms of visualization of sighting incidents and in general research of cases. You don't see in it big screen science fiction, but it's a terrific tool you see used to great effect in documentaries.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Definitely the line between reality and entertainment has been smudged to perfection. Doubt everything you hear and half of what you see. The time for going with your instincts is here.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well, to be fair, those are done on an array of very powerful computers with very expensive software. I'd imagine in the 100's of thousands of dollars worth. Not something your typical hoaxer will pick up. However, I'd guess even 10 years in the future, even the cheapest computers will be able to do this sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Well, to be fair, those are done on an array of very powerful computers with very expensive software. I'd imagine in the 100's of thousands of dollars worth. Not something your typical hoaxer will pick up. However, I'd guess even 10 years in the future, even the cheapest computers will be able to do this sort of thing.

I hope you are correct that someday anyone can create a movie on their computer because I believe the most awsome creations will come from your everyday person as opposed to some big time hollywood production. I certainly would have loved to have seen Dean Koontz's Watchers as a movie. His character Einstein the dog is the greatest. I believe there is true genious in our young people today. Maybe one day we can see it on our computer screens.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I read a long time ago, that the goal of cgi was to replace real actors with cgi ones

the article finished up with saying once it was perfect, really perfect, get ready for the next john wayne western

so... the movie industry has wanted cgi reality for a long time now

and don't be disheartened by all this.. the aliens have holograms probably already, don't you think they were disheartened too when they saw their first holographic human?

lol

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If this technological capability is now public, imagine how advanced the military stuff was ten years ago.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Great effects and a few good idea`s but I could not help think it could have been so so much better story / character wise.

Cheers
mrix

[edit on 5-9-2009 by mrixxx]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join