It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put a TRILLION dollars into perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
As most know the US government will post a projected 1.8 trillion dollar deficit this year alone.

Here is even 1 Trillion dollars put into perspective:

"If you had spent 1 million dollars a DAY, every day, since the birth of Jesus Christ in 0 AD - you STILL would not have spent ONE TRILLION DOLLARS".

Put that in your pipe and let it smolder for a while.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
As an average citizen it would be nearly impossible to spend a trillion dollars in our life, but the government it would be very easy for them to spend a trillion dollars, multiple programs. The military spends that much atleast once a year.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
As an average citizen it would be nearly impossible to spend a trillion dollars in our life, but the government it would be very easy for them to spend a trillion dollars, multiple programs. The military spends that much atleast once a year.

The question then becomes - if they spent it using debt, can they repay it?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

But still 1 Million dollars each day every day for 2009 years and you still cant spend a trillion. It seems surprising really.
One would need to spend a million each day every day for almost 2738 years in order to spend a trillion.

another perspective:
If 1 trillion dollars were to be distributed among the US population everyone would get just above $3200. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by leo123

A trillion is a SICK amount of cash, and something I could surely try to spend. So lay it on me.

Sad that most money is wasted on greedy bloodsucking bankers and spoiled governments.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I honestly dont think they even worry about repaying it, it seems like they acknowledge that "hey guys were 12 trillion dollars in debt" but other that. Andrew Jackson is the only president that has ever repayed the national debt and he did by not allowing banks to rule the economy...and now with 9 trillion dollars missing from the reserve I highly doubt this debt is getting repayed

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It's worrying but amusing at the same time. A trillion dollars is a lot of money and one that I would be happy with !

Can you imagine all the good will we could do with a trillion?

new topics

top topics

join