It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Refuses to Turn Over Torture Tape Documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

CIA Refuses to Turn Over Torture Tape Documents

www.truthout.org

In a May 5 letter to US District Court Judge Alvin Hellerstein, Lev Dassin, the acting US attorney for the Southern District of New York, said the Justice Department recently had discussions with prosecutors working on the criminal investigation into the destruction of the interrogation tapes and was informed that "the production of documents ... would conflict and substantially interfere with the [criminal] investigation" into the destruction of the interrogation tapes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ok I am totally fed up with all of this. Torture in IMHO is unacceptable and the persons responsible should be prosecuted to the fullest. Now the CIA decides that truth can not be heard. WTF! These people are guilty and the new admin is protecting them. I'm so tired of this, history repeats itself cause as Nixon said "when the president does it, it's not illegal." This is disgusting and I am ashamed of my government...

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm with you...

I want the transparency...

And if someone broke the law, I want them prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We have to make an example.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

i agree 100%

although, i doubt seriously that anything substantial will come of it. i too am ashamed of the gov.

something needs to change.......

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the every-man desire to see these criminals prosecuted is the exact reason these tapes will not come out. Similar to the JFK files-its all about keeping them hidden long enough so that the people implicated can no longer be prosecuted.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have to disagree. I'm tired of this intelligence agency bashing. It serves no good purpose. If you want to really understand what is possibly happening, you have to ask some tough questions. This means putting your indignation aside and think for a moment.

Here is an interesting twist on the abhorent mind control studies done from 1940's forward. Ask why? What possible valid reason could they have for such atrocities?

It most likely has nothing to do with terrestrial concerns!

It seems outrageous that branches of our government would risk doing these types of illegal experiments for such simplistic motivations involving intelligence work with other human organizations or governments.

What does make sense in the ET piece. How often have we heard about ET abductions which the abductee recounts their lost time and inability to control their bodies?

If that kind of advanced natural or artifical technology exists, our intelligence services would be tasked with finding a way to defend against it. We cound not risk having our leaders coopted by some alien mind ray.

Sure there are also many reports of abductee's who talk about "men in black", but all those reports are overlaid with the abductee's conscious interpretation. Whitley is always talking about his experience with Owl's who end up being Alien's, so there is some kind of functional mental overlay which colors the truth.

I would be very concerned about not being in control mentally, if confronted with a superior technology or intellect.

As in any war, humans would eventually become necessary casualties of the conflict. If the war is over our soul and minds, you cannot use monkey's to test for resistance. Humans would be the only logical choice.

If it is a war, then at some point we would have had to make a determination of "friend or foe". If most of this kind of perception of non terestial biological entities occured in the last 80 years, we would see them differently than our ancient ancestors. We would not see them as Gods, Angels or Demons, but as evolved creations of the greater universe. Not as Good or Evil, but as entities with an agenda. This may be part of the problem, as we have complicated the picture and assigned our humanization standards or filters to them.

Good or Evil, Friend or Foe, we tend towards some cut and dry, black and white definitions of those not like us. If ET's exist then we can be assured that any governing human body would work to define them in those terms.
Your either for us or against us. Rather than simply "not us".

Finding a way to protect ourselves and leaders against them is only logical.
The real question is; at what cost? From the typical tenor of the forum posts here, most are not willing to pay the price of this kind of freedom. Hence, the need to keep the civilians in the dark.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by GriffinRD]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GriffinRD

Ok... so if you would get to your point that would really be helpful... I have no idea what you are trying to say, Aliens made them do it?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
reply to post by GriffinRD

Ok... so if you would get to your point that would really be helpful... I have no idea what you are trying to say, Aliens made them do it?

What you really have no idea about is the CIA. The public generally only hears what leaks out or is released out into the public, Reacting to any of that tainted information is silly.

With that organization nothing is ever as it seems, nor as it appears. So you have to look much deeper and along the perimeter to get any real truth or valid information. Even then there is a scripted quality to most of it.

The CIA actually knows that torture of the kind describe does not really work. So why would that kind of information be allowed to leak out? What would the purpose be?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I want to just add, I do not think the tapes will be released during Obama's administration because he is still continuing torture.

Adnan Abdul Latif, who is a current detainee at Guantanamo, wrote a letter to his lawyer claiming abuse is continuing under the Obama administration. The letter said "oppression has increased, torture has increased and insults have increased." Once again this was ignored by our media, but covered by foreign media. Our media did not even invetigate, let alone mention the claim So just because our president claims something is true, we must assume it is. Is this how our democracy operates?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by QuestForFreedom

Or they are going to continue to cry torture no matter what. It is in their best interest to do so. Its a very useful tactic for them, they know the American public won't stand for it.

I think we used torture in the past, but nowhere near the frequency that was being claimed by the detainees.

I see it as a basketball game. Basketball players are told to yell foul anytime another player is close enough to them when the shoot.

If a team commited as many fouls as claimed during a game then there wouldn't be anyone left to play after the 2nd period.

Same with the detainees. They know if they yell torture long enough then eventually they will get a whistle called in their favor. Now that President Obama has taken that play out of the books, they have to start all over again.

Eventually we will be back at the same place we were last year.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

You know, that makes a lot of sense to me.
I can just see a couple of terrorists locked up talking amongst each other saying "You know what, if we keep crying, eventually they are going to hear us, yes we might take some more whoopings because of it, but they have got to hear at least one cry out of a hundred, we have rights too"
Its bS. What ever happened to treating criminals like criminals?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Admit nothing, deny everything and make counteraccusations

Has someone anything else to add ?

top topics

join