It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Pushes Anti-Gun Treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Obama wants a NATIONAL REGISTRY for guns that allows Other Nations to identify gun owners. 29 other Nations.

It is NOT going to be called Gun Control, It is called a International Treaty

Ratified by 29 other countries , so Obama can say he was just doing what is

expected of him on the Global scene.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

If Mexico was REALLY worried about all these guns coming from America (they aren't by the way, it's a ploy) they would put troops on the border to prevent drug lords bringing guns, prevent illegal travel across the border, etc.

Obama want's a way to restrict guns without being overtly anti-gun.

Well, we see through you Obama. With gun sales at historic record numbers, talk of revolution the highest since the 1990's Militia movements.. I would say Obama and his advisers will look for increasing restricting our rights to bare arms!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

This is bigger than the Mexican war , Obama has found a BACK DOOR to

get his way to inhibit and take away the guns

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by Rockpuck

This is bigger than the Mexican war , Obama has found a BACK DOOR to

get his way to inhibit and take away the guns

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

The Senate would have to ratify the treaty, and the powerful gun lobby will never allow it. It will not get close to cloture, so I would not worry about this. Remember, it is the lobbyists who run DC, and the NRA is still very powerful.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
CIFTA!

I had never even heard of this thing.

It does not surprise me that the globalists of the Obama administration would resort to using International Law as an end-run against having to go through the normal law system!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Obama wants a NATIONAL REGISTRY for guns that allows Other Nations to identify gun owners. 29 other Nations.

It is NOT going to be called Gun Control, It is called a International Treaty

Ratified by 29 other countries , so Obama can say he was just doing what is

expected of him on the Global scene.

Why would that be helpful for our country? It seems to me that such a thing would give any invading country a tactical advantage that they had not previously had. Think about attacking America. Not only do you have the Military to deal with, but you also would have to deal with gun owners, which would increase b/c people who had more guns would let others borrow them, and gun stores would also have more people trying to buy them.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
im confused on one part these 29 other countries who ratified this treaty are they also going to be watch and detained under the same rules we are or are they doing this so America can be strategically planned out to take us down being the fact of revolution/resitence (sp) talking had been going on in other words the 29 other countries have they signed and will follow the same treaty we could sign and if not what are there reasons

new topics

top topics

join