It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced birth control? I say YES!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I am a little less extreme therefore I do not agree with sterilization but I do completely agree with everything else you said. I am getting very disgusted with people constantly defending the so called rights of these irresponsible dregs of society. Guess what folks? If you can't even take care of yourself, you should not have one child, let alone multiple! Why is this so hard for the bleeding hearts to swallow? Get a grip people, this is reality. Some of us are damn tired of paying for their indescretions.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Got my posts crossed, I wasn't referring to anything you said... ie. missing the point.
In any case. Yes, this is an extreme discussion about what should be done when people consistently abuse the system and act irresponsible morally; What to do when they become a burden for those of us who don't deserve or want it. Some people want to help others and I am one of those people. I love doing things for others, when they are genuinely in need, or are deserving. I have no desire to be taxed up the a@@, forced to support the bad decisions of slackers. I'd go so far as to say the government enables lazy people to continue their negative behaviors. I also think there are many on welfare that keep having babies to get the extra check. I'm not saying this is the case of every individual in the system but I am definitely saying that there are too many...and it's not our responsibility to care for them.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i agree we should depopulate the earth, good thread

let us start with the fascists first tho, thats all i ask

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Are you by chance a Nazi? It’s an honest question. Why are you so much better than everyone else friend?

Talk about a police state! If this notion ever went to the mainstream all supporters would find their selves in a world of hurt.

The system is there to be used, if we didn’t purport to be the world’s police and didn’t waste taxpayers money on war mongering or the research of drinking habits in Chinese hookers then we would have no short comings. How about the 9 trillion that the FED misplaced? How long would that 9 trillion have supported all of the various programs you feel are abused? Many, many years right?

Without the aid we would have shanty towns (Shack towns) in this country, and would not be the nation we are today. It would be a mix of third world existence vs. the mainstream American dream so to speak. You can’t breed out this type of thing. Just as you cannot bread in narcissism.

This idea is idiotic!

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Stop forcing stuff and deeming yourself guardians of the rest of us.

We are all born with inherent value.

I just don't get the holier than thou crowd who think that the world would be better if everything is mandated.

You can't take the human out of being human so stop trying.....

As far as welfare reform in my state a mom can only get 5 years total worth of assistance and to be eligible for that she must either be in school or doing 20-30 hours community service.

The free ride is already over, stop judging people!!!

Unfortunately for many young mothers the only hope they see for love is in the eyes of a child, sad but true.

No Dad, drug addicted Mom, lonely existence. This doesn't make for a healthy home, but until you walk a mile in the shoes of another stop deciding for those who aren't you!!!

For you christians, jesus was born in a stable cause they were so broke....

Age doesn't make a person mature, experience and application of knowledge does.

It just stinks to read how so many of you think yourselves qualified to decide for the rest.

Instead of madatory birth control how bout' stopping all the propaganda that teaches the youth how cool sex is and how unpopular you are if you aren't sexy.

So much to be said, but why?

To keep mandating what is right for others keeps people from their own dysfunction.

I am as worthy to have a child as you.....End of the story.......

[edit on 14-5-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I started a similar thread about the breeders around the globe and what we should be doing as a society to sort the problem. I was flamed to the point my curly hairs are still smoking
however I dont care if people judge me and get angry at the point that I hate paying tax on everything I earn to pay for layabout breeders. The only solution is not forced birth control, the solution is taking away the benefits. If you dont work at least part time then you dont get. I hate people who think the world owes them a living and if there was a country that taxed fairly and did not reward baby machines then I would move there is a heart beat however it is a world wide problem

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This thread is amusing. People complain how the government is taking over our lives and that something needs to be done. Then threads like this pop up calling for government intervention. Very confused some people are. The solution for all of this is simple, the welfare system needs to be improved so that it can't be taken advantage of. They have made it so easy for people to take advantage of it. It's so badly regulated that food stamps are given to people who are making more than 50,000 a year! I've known nurses that are RN's making forty an hour at their job and they brag how they are still getting food stamps and collect welfare. This example goes to show how easy it is to beat the system.

Those in power are aware that many people who are getting welfare shouldn't be. So why are they turning a blind eye to the situation? That is what I'm more concerned about. Why is something that is obviously so abused getting ignored? The government knows when you owe them a nickel, but they allow people to milk the system. Interesting. It might be possible they do this to start arguements seen in this thread. Make the people demand more control. Have the people demand sterilization. It would start with mandatory birth control but let us not kid ourselves into thinking they wouldn't think twice about making us sterile. I can understand some peoples frustration about this, you see a slacker milking the system and it makes you made. You want to punch something. It makes you sick. Especially when innocent children are in the picture. But don't be too angry at the ones that take advantage of the system, the means for them too do it were paved pretty easily for them.

But this is a free country, well it's supposed to be anyway. The government has no right to our personal business, nor do they have the right to force people into taking birth control. Same goes with people, they don't have the right to decide who is "worthy" in our society. Everyone has a right to reproduce if they so chose, no one has the right to tell them otherwise. When I say this, then the "Oh I'm paying for it" arguements come up. Then I go back to what I said before and it was mentioned by many other posters in this thread, change the system. On the topic of tax payers money, this does tire me at times because when people use this arguement it's sort of an excuse to not show any compassion and shows a lot of ignorance. I can agree with it on this topic, but only to a certain extent. Our money is taken from us for other purposes that aren't for our good. But using the tax payer money arguement is a pretty poor reason to give the government so much control so willingly. Lobby to have the system fixed and mind your own business!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I'm was simply presenting an idea. No, I'm not a Nazi.......lol. Nor am I a fan of the government. I just think people need to think about their actions. Don't be presumptuous and instulting, be intelligent and responsible FRIEND.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Donkey, no one is saying that they are better than anyone else, other than you.
If we can’t breed this type of thing out, we can at least keep it in check. We only need a limited number of unskilled laborers, you know.

interestedalways
Quote:“We are all born with inherent value“

****Do you care to say just what that is?
What happen to the kids if your welfare mom doesn’t do those things?

. “Unfortunately for many young mothers the only hope they see for love is in the eyes of a child, sad but true.”

*****This is sad. So you are condoning young girls to have babies so they can have love for a few years?

“No Dad, drug addicted Mom, lonely existence. This doesn't make for a healthy home, but until you walk a mile in the shoes of another stop deciding for those who aren't you!!! ?

****So you agree that these unwanted kids have a miserable life. Maybe better their irresponsible mom & dad had been sterilized.

“For you christians, jesus was born in a stable cause they were so broke.…”
***Broke? Joseph was a rich merchant. And Mary was of noble birth.

“It just stinks to read how so many of you think yourselves qualified to decide for the rest.”
****so what are you saying here? That the welfare cases should just continue to breed irresponsibly creating a burden on society and giving kids a miserable life?

“Instead of madatory birth control how bout' stopping all the propaganda that teaches the youth how cool sex is and how unpopular you are if you aren't sexy.”

****This is just one of the social breakdown systems that have been put upon us by the controllers who are hell bent on setting up a N W O consisting of semi-literate folks with medium I.Q. Most of the males think it is really great, and the girl euchre themselves to be one of the crowd. It has gotten so that having a baby is now a “rite of passage.”

Do you have any good ideas on how to speedily undo what has been creeping up on us for almost 100 years?

In the meantime maybe forced sterilization would help out. When they grow up then can get In Vitro fertilization. Seems like the better choice to me, and it takes the worry out of being close.

“I am as worthy to have a child as you.....End of the story....... “
****May we assume that you can afford to raise this child? If so, no problem. So what are you worried about?

On the level, How can you not pay welfare to those who really need it? Are you suggesting that they be left to starve?
Have courage….that which is to give light must endure burning.

Itinerantseeker, you need to understand that someone has to do something. What is your solution to the problem? You seem to be throwing it back onto the government that you just said should not be involved in personal lives.

Forced sterilization will come. Also to come will be a Permit to have children. You will have to prove physical and fiscal health. Which is as it should be. Humans are in no danger of becoming extinct by way of declining numbers. We should be breeding only the best and the brightest.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Forced????????????????????????????????

NOTHING should EVER be forced, nothing should EVER violate anothers free will.....

Birth controll being FREE, or redily AVAILABLE to those people on the other hand, is a GREAT idea.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Star for you! I agree with you 100%. I simply took a more extreme viewpoint in the OP to make for a more intense dispute... hence my usage of the word "forced". I do stand by everything I have posted but my thought is this, which some people have clearly missed!: If the government is already making laws that are invasive and suppressive, then why not one of this nature, that would actually provide some benefit to the weight bearing populus (albeit, somewhat underhanded, but beneficial nonetheless) Again, I profusely put forth that I am absolutely not a government support! I just wanted to take a stance that was thought provoking, sue me (cuz now you can since I hurt someone's feelings!) or b*tch about it here!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

ohhhhhhhh, ha ha! I finally got the Nazi reference! Been a long day! Actually if you were enough of a forward thinker to google the words, you would find that it translates to "chicken rules"!
ROTF
people......FFS

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
I've been meaning to post about this for a while now.... while listening to the evening news tonight, that angst within me was rekindled on the subject. New statistics...yay! Something like 34% of all pregnancies are from un-wed women. Okay, that is fine in and of itself but let's ponder this shall we....
The young lady they were interviewing for the piece was an unmarried nursing student. (Key word here...student), with no intentions of marrying the *baby daddy*. Now before I get attacked, let me just state that I am all for breeding if you are a contributing member of society. I do not care if you are single, homosexual, or any other societal taboo for that matter, just as long as you are able to provide proper care and upbringing to your child, without becoming an infringement on society (or me as a hardworking tax payer!).

To be perfectly honest, I am in favor of mandatory birth control. Not only in teens, but also in those that are unable to pull their proverbial "weight" in this country. It may sound cruel and inhuman but it's not. I am not talking about sterilization or anything invasive or dehumanizing. I'm simply stating that if individuals cannot act responsibly, rather than burdening the populus, keep them in check in some manner. We are overpopulated. The working class of America is every dreg of society's meal ticket and I've about had enough of that. I don't condone abortion and I also don't condone bringing children into unfavorable situations just for the sake of not having an abortion! Rather than perpetuate these situations of moral turmoil, why not make one of the long-term birth control devices mandatory for those who are under-age or ill equipped to raise a child??? I personally believe that many individuals and society as a whole would benefit. Ineffectual, invasive and blatantly ridiculous laws are passed every day. Why not something that would actually HELP us as a whole? I think it's perfectly reasonable.

How about no you Atheist Marxist?

God said

Genesis 1:28

"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Now you can take your dirty Atheist ideas and move to a Communist hellhole.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by 2012_the_truth]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Regarding the open availability of birth control: IMHO It's useless without education, proper role models and real consequences for an individual, hence the need of the word 'forced' in this particular argument. Aren't we 'forced' to pay taxes, among many other unsavory acts of cooercion?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
The only solution is not forced birth control, the solution is taking away the benefits. If you dont work at least part time then you dont get.

Ummmmm being a mother IS a full time job......how about making the FATHERS be responsible for making sure their child is taken care of ???

In most societies mothers are helped a hell of a lot more than here, and they are held in honor for their job as the "mother" etc....here that attitude needs to turn around!

On the other hand the ones who don't even WANT to BE mothers, and are neglecting their kids, it is a shame for the kids, and for us who have to put up with the aftermath of thier child neglect...

SO don't burn ALL mothers, just the ones who get knocked up and then want nothing to do with the poor sould born to them...... The ones who are raising awesome childeren, teaching them skills, integrity, and love etc, need to be revered in my opinion!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012_the_truth

presumptuous is sooooooooo close to ignorance. Use that open mind of yours and try to see things from all perspectives. It's not like I'm going to come to your house, tie you down and shove a needle in your arm.....as tempting as it may be...........

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I still say they should sterialize everyone at the earliest age that is deemed safe. they then can chose those women and men who are deemed fit to breed offspring and collect the sperms and eggs. they can then chose women who are deemed worthy of carrying the child to term. they can then chose those caregivers they deem worthy of caring, teaching and nurturing these children to adulthood....
and well, all the fools of the world can frolic like little bunnies to their hearts content with no consequences whatsoever on society!!!
and, the government can have total control over how these children are raise, taught, ect....

hey, in a generation or two, no one would even have a clue on the freedoms that had been taken from them!

but, well, I can't have kids now, but if I could, no, I wouldn't give you, or the government, the right to force any method of birth control on me....
they all have side effects, they all aren't 100% effective, and well.....if it came down to only those who could truely afford to have kids could have them, well....alot of us would be left out in the cold...and I don't trust you or the government on making a just decision on just who could afford, or who couldn't either!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

To be perfectly honest, I am in favor of mandatory birth control. Not only in teens, but also in those that are unable to pull their proverbial "weight" in this country. It may sound cruel and inhuman but it's not.

Holy smokes- what a thing to suggest!! I'm sure glad you're not in charge of how things are done in this world! One of the brightest, wisest, outgoing, joyful, intelligent, well-balanced and creative persons I know was born to an unwed 14-year-old girl who is not only raising the most incredible child but recently graduated from nursing school. She was the catalyst for her mother writing a fictional book called, The Girl With a Baby.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

ohhhhhhhh, ha ha! I finally got the Nazi reference! Been a long day! Actually if you were enough of a forward thinker to google the words, you would find that it translates to "chicken rules"!
ROTF
people......FFS

The point is that if there was no aid and we did not maintain a standard of living you would see a large part of the populous living in the dirt.

People by nature are not narcissistic, that’s a manufactured condition that’s pounded into you from birth. For whatever reason the need for shiny things does not register in everyone and it’s not something that you can breed out. There is nothing you can do about it other than make sure the people do not end up living in the streets in mass. E.G. Welfare.

Don’t judge your neighbor if he does what he likes. There is but this one life, and no one is slave to another. I only wish the current system did more for people. Maybe it’s just the Christian in me, or maybe some deeply instilled Tribe/Communist mentality but that’s how I see it.

Concern yourself with wastes of your tax dollars rather than those dollars spent to better someone’s existence. In geologic scale the Human condition will be very short lived, and its best to live while the living is good.

Everyone should have 15-20 kids.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
forced birth control/abortion than next stop forced euthanasia at 45 or 50 .

[edit on 14-5-2009 by OpusMarkII]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join