It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gospels of the Holy Twelve-Study with me pls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I'm probably about to be banned, so want to get his post out before I go.

In the end, I think it's all about understanding. I am very tolerant on things such as this because I don't think the literal matters, but the understanding itself. If these texts bring some people a better understanding of things, then I am all for it.

We certainly do start to distort the meanings of things, but that happens as soon as we start to talk. This is why I am not to make an authority of myself. Because if I make an authority of myself and such, then it puts people into the mode of accepting what I say, rather than gaining the understanding.

The truth of the matter is that understanding will always come from god. When I look in the bible now, I see tons and tons of understand. And I mean very very deep understandings that no man has ever directly showed me, or come close to it. But yet, I could read those same exact verses before my experience and they didn't make sense to me at all.

The big change I believe comes from one understanding exactly who and what they are. I notice that when I did not understand the text, I seen myself as just being flesh. I thought my consciousness and so forth was just a function of the brain. After my experience, then I came to realize that I was not at all my flesh, that I was a soul/consciousness and eternal. Once I gained that bit of understanding, then the rest of the things just feel into place.

What troubles me about talking about these things is I don't want to say - yet that is right based on my understanding, and then another person will take that as - yes, that is right but then only see the literal. If they only see the literal, then I feel as though I would be misleading them.

When I read things, I don't try to find the faults in them generally, but rather I try to find the truth in it. I can listen to someone for an hour and I might disagree with them completely, but then in all of that they may say 1 thing that is astoundingly true. And I can do that with these texts. I can see understanding in them. But I can also at the same time see very clearly how they can be manipulated as well.

I am honestly unsure how to reply as a result. I have spent days now trying to figure out a balance here, and it's just not coming. However, it has shown me 1 thing. That I should point people in the direction of finding out exactly who and what they are, and then perhaps as a result of that, understanding will follow.

On the topic of the earth itself, we can see many great wonders and beauty. Our bodies and nature is more technologically advanced than the most advanced super computer. However, it is also locked into a certain "reality", a world of linearity and so forth. But this is also a matter of perspective and how you want to look at things. Is the world really as it seems, or is it just my perspective that is locked into it? Whenever you see a law of physics or action and reaction, that is a loss of free will.

I think you are getting into a bit of a struggle here. Something I also struggle with as well. Is the physical bad, good or what. And I have only been able to look at this in terms of perspective. Maybe it's not that the physical and creation itself is bad/good, but the constructs of our own perception that does it.

I see the universe as a big bunch of information and logic basically. It is that we are confined to only this planet, this reality that is really causing this. As we are locked into it, then we are subject to death of the flesh, having to feed and care for the flesh, as well as having the limitations of resources and so forth that causes men to war and hurt each other. If we had more freedom, and could turn a bit of water into wine and so forth, then alot of this stuff disappears.

So in this way, I can once again see that it is ok that the holy spirit/creation/mother thing. But what I fear is that it would be taken and interrupted as meaning reality as we know it is the holy spirit.

Which brings us to an important question. Is reality what we actually see, or is reality simply the constructs of our perception? I would say reality is the constructs of our perception, but how many other people would and understand what I mean? If they see reality as being something other than the constructs of our perception, then the meaning on it changes completely.

I wish I could just implant the way I see and understand the universe into others. Then there wouldn't be any question if what I am saying is being conveyed correctly.

<< 1   >>

join