It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gospels of the Holy Twelve-Study with me pls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey all!

Im sure many of you have checked out the 'Gospels of the Holy Twelve' at some time or another. I personally read them last yr along with the Gospels of Peace. I will post a link for both sets of readings.

My personal experience from both sets of gospels lead me on a very humbled path of seeking and not believing anything with any certainty. I approached them with a open mind. I was so struck by them that I shared them with my favorite spiritual confider...my mother. A few weeks after I finished reading them all...I was asking the angels of the Earth to show me things so I could show others. I was fasting and feeling like I could be perfectly happy if I was to go off and live in a cave or a forests....I was feeling little bonds to all material things. Being that I had children, I couldnt go live in the woods and had to bring myself back down to Earth *smiles*. And no, I am not kidding one bit, I was so deeply impacted.

Shortly after I finished reading these gospels, my mother had a vivid NDE that was like nothing I had ever heard of. I witnessed her telling me many things that day of her 9 hours of visions and I wrote down her comments in the only book I had on hand at the hospital...my bible.

So here I am, almost exactly a yr later from fasting last yr and I am fasting again from meats and trying to eat as much raw foods as I can. I am getting ready to read the gospels again, but I am going to study and compare as I go with other materials, such as the Bible. Right off I can tell you, all of the material does not reflect what the bible says perfectly. There are small differences I remember noticing, such as names of places where things occurred, ages of men, ect....

I hope to post 1 set of Gospels a week on here to ATS so others can study them with me and give me feedback on anything they find that differs or is similar with the Bible or dead sea scrolls or any other teaching. I would love help of finding certain things within these texts that is parallel or not to other teachings. I really hope others join me in studying these gospels....

There is no true copy of these gospels,the story says a preacher man copied them from scriptures that are kept at a monastery in Tibet.

This is not to direct anyone from any belief....this is just a study of some gospels, all faiths welcomed!! The wiser you are about the Bible..the better!

The page I will link has the information of how these scrolls came about to be provided to the public....read all the info about them...in the next post I will begin to copy and paste the actual readings....

Gospels of the Nazarene (Gospels of the Holy Twelve)
www.thenazareneway.com...

And just a bonus addition I would later like to study with everyone are the Gospels of Peace (which are just mind blowing) they are supposedly copied from the Vatican Library.

Peace to all
LV

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Lection 1 of the Gospels of the Nazarene (gospels of the holy twelve)

The Gospel of the Holy Twelve
Translated from the original Aramaic
by Rev. G.J.R. Ouseley

IN THE NAME OF
THE ALL HOLY. AMUN.

Here beginneth the Gospel of the Perfect Life of Iesu-Maria, the Christ, the offspring of David through Ioseph and Mary after the flesh, and the Son of God, through Divine Love and Wisdom, after the Spirit.

Lection 1

The Parentage And Conception
Of Iohn The Baptist

1. THERE was in the days of Herod, the King of Judea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia; and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
2. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless. And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years.
3. And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest’s office before God in the order of his course, according to the custom of the priest’s office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple IOVA. And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of the offering of incense.
4. And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing over the altar of incense. And when Zacharias saw, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him. But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias, for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth, shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name Iohn.
5. And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth; for he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall neither eat flesh meats, nor drink strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.
6. And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God; And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
7. And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife is well stricken in years. And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to announce unto thee these glad tidings.
8. And, behold, thou art dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, then shall thy tongue be loosed that thou mayest believe my words which shall be fulfilled in their season.
9. And the people waited for Zacharias, and marvelled that he tarried so long in the temple. And when he came out, he could not speak unto them; and they perceived that he had seen a vision in the temple; for he made signs unto them, and remained speechless.
10. And it came to pass, that, as soon as the days of his ministration were accomplished, he departed to his own house. And after those days, his wife Elisabeth, conceived, and hid herself five months saying, Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.

NOTES FROM THE SITE ABOUT LECTION 1----

Lection 1.1 The opening paragraph of this Gospel was evidently before the eyes, or in the mind of St. Paul when he wrote Romans 1-4. (See Luke 1:5) This is only one of several instances where this Gospel, or the words of Iesus recorded in it, are used subsequently, without specially indicating the fact (as shewn further on), being well-known to his hearers at that time.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Lection 2

The Immaculate Conception
Of Iesus The Christ

1. AND in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God, unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Ioseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
2. Now Ioseph was a just and rational Mind, and he was skilled in all manner of work in wood and in stone. And Mary was a tender and discerning Soul, and she wrought veils for the temple. And they were both pure before God; and of them both was Iesu-Maria who is called the Christ.
3. And the angel came in unto her and said, Hail, Mary, thou that art highly favoured, for the Mother of God is with thee: blessed art thou among women and blessed be the fruit of thy womb.
4. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be. And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found favour with God and, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb and bring forth a child, and He shall be great and shalt be called a Son of the Highest.
5. And the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: and he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
6. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her The Holy Spirit shall come upon Ioseph thy Spouse, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee, O Mary, therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Christ, the Child of God, and his Name on earth shalt be called Iesu-Maria, for he shall save the people from their sins, whosoever shall repent and obey his Law.
7. Therefore ye shall eat no flesh, nor drink strong drink, for the child shall be consecrated unto God from its mother’s womb, and neither flesh nor strong drink shall he take, nor shall razor touch his head.
8. And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. For with God no thing shall be impossible. And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
9. And in the same day the angel Gabriel appeared unto Ioseph in a dream and said unto him, Hail, Ioseph, thou that art highly favoured, for the Fatherhood of God is with thee. Blessed art thou among men and blessed be the fruit of thy loins.
10. And as Ioseph thought upon these words he was troubled, and the angel of the Lord said unto him, Fear not, Ioseph, thou Son of David, for thou hast found favour with God, and behold thou shalt beget a child, and thou shalt call his name Iesu-Maria for he shall save his people from their sins.
11. Now all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was written in the prophets saying, Behold a Maiden shall conceive and be with child and shall bring forth a son, and shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God Within Us.
12. Then Ioseph being raised from sleep did as the angel had bidden him, and went in unto Mary, his espoused bride, and she conceived in her womb the Holy One.
13. AND Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Judea and entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
14. And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the power of the Spirit and spake, with a clear voice and said, Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
15. Whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in my ears, the babe leaped for joy. And blessed is she that believed: for there shall. be a performance of those things which were told her from the Holy One.
16. And Mary said: My soul doth magnify Thee, the Eternal, and my spirit doth rejoice in God my Saviour. For thou hast regarded the low estate of thy handmaiden; for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
17. For Thou that art mighty hast done to me great things; and holy is Thy Name. And Thy mercy is on them that fear Thee from generation to generation.
18. Thou hast shewed strength with Thy arm; thou hast scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
19. Thou hast put down the mighty from their seats and exalted the humble and the meek. Thou hast fill the hungry with good things and the rich Thou dost send empty away.
20. Thou dost help thy servant Israel, in remembrance of thy mercy: as Thou spakest to our ancestors to Abraham and to his seed for ever. And Mary abode with her about three months and returned to her own house.
21. And these are the words that Ioseph spake,, saying: Blessed be the God of our fathers and our mothers in Israel: for in an acceptable time Thou hast heard me, and in the day of salvation hast Thou helped me.
22. For Thou saids’t I will preserve and make thee a covenant of the people to renew the face of the earth: and to cause the desolate places to be redeemed from the hands of the spoiler.
23. That thou mayest say to the captives, Go ye forth and be free; and to them that are in darkness, Show yourselves in the light. And they shall feed in the ways of pleasantness; and they shall no more hunt nor worry the creatures which I have made to rejoice before me.
24. They shall not hunger nor thirst any more neither shall the heat smite them nor the cold destroy them. And I will make on all My mountains a way for travellers; and My high places shall be exalted.
25. Sing ye heavens and rejoice thou earth; O ye deserts break forth with song: for Thou O God dost comfort Thy people; and console them that have suffered wrong.

NOTES FROM THE SITE ABOUT LECTION 2----

Lection 2. 10.- "Ioseph begat (of Mary the Virgin, his wife) Iesus, who is called the Christ."-Curetonian and Lewis's Syriac, MS. ; and several of the oldest Latin MSS., in Matt. I.16, A.V.

Lection 2. 21-25.-The canticle of Ioseph here given is very similar to a certain portion of the book of Isaiah; indeed, appears to be taken from it, as Iohn borrowed from the Old Testament prophets. It has been omitted in all other Gospels extant. It is of singular beauty, and appropriate for use at Matins, as Magnificat is for Vesper, the Song of Zacharias finding an equally appropriate place at Nocturns.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Lection 3

The Nativity Of Iohn The Baptist

1. NOW Elisabeth’s full time came that she should be delivered; and she brought forth a son. And her neighbours and her cousins heard how the Lord had shewed great mercy upon her; and they rejoiced with her.
2. And it came to pass, that on the eighth day they came to circumcise the child; and they called him Zacharias, after the name of his father. And his mother answered and said, Not so; but he shall be called Iohn. And they said unto her, There is none of thy kindred that is called by thy name.
3. And they made signs to his father, how he would have him called. And he asked for a writing table, and wrote, saying, his name is Iohn. And they all marvelled, for his mouth was opened immediately, and his tongue loosed, and he spake, and praised God.
4. And great awe came on all that dwelt round about them; and all these came on all that dwelt round about them; and all these sayings were made known abroad throughout all the hilly country of Judea. And all they that heard them laid them up in their hearts, saying, What manner of child shall this be! And the hand of Jova was with him.
5. And his father Zacharias was filled with the holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying, Blessed be thou, O God of Israel; for thou hast visited and redeemed thy people. And hast raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of thy servant David. As thou spakest by the mouth of thy holy prophets, which have been since the world began.
6. That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us. To perform the mercy promised to our ancestors, and to remember thy holy covenant.
7. The oath which thou did’st sware to our father Abraham, that thou wouldest grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve thee without fear, in holiness and righteousness before thee all the days of our life.
8. And this child shalt be called the Prophet of the Highest: for he shalt go before Thy face, O God, to prepare Thy ways; to give knowledge of salvation unto Thy people by the remission of their sins.
9. Through the tender mercy of our God, whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us; to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
10. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and his mission was hidden till the day of his shewing forth unto Israel.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Lection 4

Nativity of Iesus the Christ

1. NOW the birth of Iesu-Maria the Christ was on this wise. It came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. And all the people of Syria went to be taxed, every one into his own city, and it was midwinter.
2. And Ioseph with Mary also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth into Judea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem (because they were of the house and lineage of David), to be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, who was great with child.
3. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn child in a Cave, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger, which was in the cave; because there was no room for them in the inn. And behold it was filled with many lights, on either side Twelve, bright as the Sun in his glory.
4. And there were in the same cave an ox, and a horse, and an ass, and a sheep, and beneath the manger was a cat with her little ones, and there were doves also, overhead, and each had its mate after its kind, the male with the female.
5. Thus it came to pass that he was born in the midst of the animals which, through the redemption of man from ignorance and selfishness, he came to redeem from their sufferings, by the manifestation or the sons and the daughters of God.
6. And there were in the same country, shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And when they came, lo, the angel of God came upon them, and the glory of the Highest shone round about them; and they were sore afraid.
7. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people, for unto you is born this day in the city of David a saviour, which is Christ, the Holy One of God. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger.
8. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace toward men of goodwill.
9. And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which our God hath made known unto us.
10. And they came with haste, and found Mary and Ioseph in the cave, and the Babe lying in a manger. And when they had seen these things, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning the child.
11. And all they that heard it, wondered at those things told them by the shepherds; but Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen.
12. AND when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Iesu-Maria, as was spoken by the angel before he was conceived in the womb. And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought the child to Jerusalem, to present it unto God (as it is written in the law of Moses, every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord).
13. And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel; and the Holy Spirit was upon him. And it was revealed unto him that he should not see death, before he had seen the Christ of God.
14. And he came by the Spirit into the temple; and when the parents brought in the child Iesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, he perceived the child as it were a Pillar of light. Then took he him “up in his arms, and blessed God, and said:
15. Now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word. For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, which thou has prepared before the face of all people; to be a light to lighten the Gentiles, and to be the glory of thy people Israel. And his parents marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.
16. And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the falling and rising again of many in Israel; and for a Sign which shall be spoken against (yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
17. And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel of the tribe of Aser, of a great age, who departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.
18. And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto God, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem. And when they had performed all things according to the law they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth.

NOTES FROM THE SITE ABOUT LECTION 4------

Lection 4. 1 -The accepted date of the birth of Christ as corrected in the A. V. is A.M. 4000, or A.D. 1. This being so, his second visit to the Temple A.M. 4012, and after that his travels about A.M. 4018-4030; his Baptism A.M. 4031 ; His Transfiguration on the Mount, 4042 ; and his Crucifixion A.M. 4049, leaving eighteen years for his public ministry ; and his numerous teachings, which S. Iohn declares would fill a vast number of books, more than could be contained (comprehended by the world).

Lection 4. 4 - The animals here mentioned are sacred to the Deity in various countries and religions, the Cat and the Dove being specially honored and protected in Egypt (the most ancient centre of civilization, religion, philosophy and true science), as the symbols of Isis, the foreshadower of the "Divine Mother" of Christianity. Egypt (with her Trinity of Father, Mother, Child) gave refuge and sanctuary to the Infant Christ, Who came forth from thence to redeem humanity. The cat is not wilfully a "cruel animal," as falsely alleged by the ignorant, no more than the babe which torments it in ignorance of the pain it gives. Far more cruel are human beings, who torture and destroy millions of innocent creatures to gratify a depraved appetite or to minister to their vanity, or their lust for cruel experiment. The cat truly, as alleged by occultists, both ancient and modern, "the most human of all animals," and it is probable it was for this reason that it appears as the favourite animal of Iesus who was ever the friend of the despised, maligned and neglected although the most loving, gentle and graceful of all animals, rather than the more self assertive dog, especilly as taught by man to hunt and to worry.

LECTION 4. 12.-Iesu Maria is the complete name. Iesus, he shall save, Maria, his people. Iesus is only the first part of the Holy Name, He saves His people, not at once, the entire human race, but those of goodwil1- homines bonce voluntatis - men and women of peace, and obedient to the divine law; and by these, their brethren through the ages, who will to be saved. The first part of the sacred Name seems to be generally used in the Gospel, as indicating that only the first part of his mission is now. When all men and women are gathered in, then will Christ be manifest as the complete Saviour, Iesu-Maria.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Lection 5

The Manifestation of Iesus to the Magi

1. Now when Iesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came certain Magi men from the east to Jerusalem, who had purified themselves and tasted not of flesh nor of strong drink, that they might find the Christ whom they sought. And they said, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we in the East have seen his Star, and are come to worship him.
2. When Herod the king had heard these things he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where the Christ should be born.
3. And they said unto him, Bethlehem of Judea; for thus it is written by the prophet, and thou Bethlehem, in the land of Judea, art not the least among the princes of Judah; for out of thee shall come forth a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
4. Then Herod, when he had privily called the Magi, enquired of them diligently what time the Star appeared. And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
5. When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the Star which the Magi of the East saw, and the angel of the Star went before them, till it came and stood over the place where the young child was, and the Star had the appearance of six rays.
6. And as they went on their way with their camels and asses laden with gifts, and were intent on the heavens seeking the child by the Star, they forgot for a little, their weary beasts who had borne thee burden and heat of the day, and were thirsty and fainting, and the Star was hidden from their sight.
7. In vain they stood and gazed, and looked one upon the other in their trouble. Then they bethought them of their camels and asses, and hastened to undo their burdens that they might have rest.
8. Now there was near Bethlehem a well by the way, And as they stooped down to draw water for their beasts, lo, the Star which they had lost appeared to them, being reflected in the stillness of the water.
9. And when they saw it they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
10. And they praised God who had shewn his mercy unto them even as they shewed mercy unto their thirsty beasts.
11. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
12. And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way. And they kindled a fire according to their custom and worshipped God in the Flame.
13. And when they were departed, behold the angel of God appeared to Ioseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and there remain until I bring thee word, for Herod will seek to destroy him.
14. AND when he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt, and was there for about seven years until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of God by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.
15. Elizabeth too when she heard it, took her infant son and went up into a mountain and hid him. And Herod sent his officers to Zacharias in the temple and said to him, Where is thy child? And he answered I am a minister of God and am continually in the temple. I know not where he is.
16. And he sent again, saying, Tell me truly where is thy son, Dost thou not know thy life is in my hand? And Zacharias answered, The Lord is witness if thou shed my blood, my spirit will God receive, for thou sheddest the blood of the innocent.
17. And they slew Zacharias in the Temple between the holy place and the altar; and the people knew it, for a voice was heard, Zacharias is slain, and his blood shall not be washed out until the avenger shall come. And after a time the priests cast lots, and the lot fell upon Simeon, and he filled his place.
18. Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceedingly wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.
19. Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
20. BUT when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of God appeared in a dream to Ioseph in Egypt. Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and return into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child’s life.
21. And he arose, and took the young child and his mother and came into the land of Israel. And they came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth; and he was called the Nazarene.

NOTES ABOUT LECTION 5 FROM THE SITE----

LECTION 5. 9. -Note the beautiful lesson taught by these words. They look in vain for the signs of God who forget the needs of the poorer brethren and their beasts under their care. To look upon the needs of these who cannot speak (in human tongue) is to find the bright light they lose who only look upwards.

LECTION 5. 16. -Alluding to 2 Chron. xxiv. 20, in the Ierusalem Talmud, and also in the Babylonish, is an account of a priest named Zacharias, who was slain in the court of the priests near the altar, and whose blood never ceased to bubble from the earth, till a great number of priests and rabbins were slaughtered (Talmud Hierosal, fol. 69).

In the Protevangelium attributed to Iames, the first Bishop or Angel of the Church in Ierusalem is introduced the present story of Zacharias, and that Herod who slew the infants in Bethlehem slew also Zacharias the priest in the Temple when he said that he knew not where his infant son Iohn was hidden. It is this story, and not the incident in Chronicles, that most probably is referred to in a latter part of the Gospel by Iesus, being fresh in the memories of that generation, and so more likely to fasten attention.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If others show interests in studying these gospels, I will post Lections 6 through 10 tomorrow....or someone else can post them if they wish. There are 10 Sections, each having about 10 lections in them. So what I have posted is only half of the first first section....there is much more that you can find on the first link in the first posts.

Mabey others are not interested, and if so, that is ok too...but thought I would make the offer since I am getting ready to take a closer look at them myself.

LV

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
If others show interests in studying these gospels, I will post Lections 6 through 10 tomorrow....or someone else can post them if they wish. There are 10 Sections, each having about 10 lections in them. So what I have posted is only half of the first first section....there is much more that you can find on the first link in the first posts.

Mabey others are not interested, and if so, that is ok too...but thought I would make the offer since I am getting ready to take a closer look at them myself.

LV

It's interesting, but my differences with it I think are the same differences I have with the normal bible. For example, I don't believe Mary is a virgin and I think those claims are people not understanding trying to make it fit the OT. I see 2 births, and the virgin birth is the birth of a soul, and comes from the virgin father, of which there is no equal too. And then the birth of the flesh, which would be of Mary and Joseph. The misunderstanding I believe forms from people only seeing the birth of the flesh, so if someone says virgin birth they assume it is of the flesh and thus mary as the virgin.

But Jesus denies Mary as his mother at one point, just as with Joesph. And this is because he recognizes himself as the 2nd birth. Thus only god is his father.

John 3

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

It could also be done to keep people ignorant and not realizing that all are born of spirit and thus all are born of the father. But determining motive behind this would be speculative. Hard to say if it is just a lack of understanding due to those not experiencing that 2nd birth, or if it was changed in order to make people think they can't be born of the virgin.

I didn't post this because it was not really anything new that I haven't said before. But didn't want the thread to go to waste. There is much that can be discussed in these things, and most posts only scratch the surface, but it's an identical issue I have with today's bible so I'm not sure if it's really on topic, even though it does apply.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Ya! Thanks for responding BadMedia, I thought the thread was going to die..

I agree with everything you said! Like you, I take nothing as absolute, but I find reading between the lines there is always some truths...

If you will, jump with me to Lection 19...I will post it below...it talks about praying to a father-mother....I would like to know what you think of it....it is one thing that resonated with me in these writings...

Iesus Teacheth how to Pray Error even in Prophets 1. As Iesus was praying in a certain place on a mountain, some of his disciples came unto him, and one of then said, Lord teach us how to pray. And Iesus said unto them, When thou prayest enter into thy secret chamber, and when thou hast closed the door, pray to Abba Amma Who is above and within thee, and thy Father-Mother Who seest all that is secret shall answer thee openly. 2. But when ye are gathered together, and pray in common, use not vain repetitions, for your heavenly Parent knoweth what things ye have need of before ye ask them. After this manner therefore pray ye:— 3. Our Father-Mother Who art above and within: Hallowed be Thy Name in twofold Trinity. In Wisdom, Love and Equity Thy Kingdom come to all. Thy will be done, As in Heaven so in Earth. Give us day by day to partake of Thy holy Bread, and the fruit of the living Vine. As Thou dost forgive us our trespasses, so may we forgive others who trespass against us. Shew upon us Thy goodness, that to others we may shew the same. In the hour of temptation, deliver us from evil. 4. Shew upon us Thy goodness, that to others we may shew the same. In the hour of temptation, deliver us from evil. 5. And wheresoever there are seven gathered together in My Name there am I in the midst of them; yea, if only there be three or two; and where there is but one who prayeth in secret, I am with that one. 6. Raise the Stone, and there thou shall find me. Cleave the wood, and there am I. For in the fire and in the water even as in every living form, God is manifest as it’s Life and it’s Substance. 7. AND the Lord said, If thy brother hath sinned in word seven times a day, and seven times a day hath made amendment, receive him. Simon said to him, Seven times a day ? 8. The Lord answered and said to him, I tell thee also unto seventy times seven, for even in the Prophets, after they were anointed by the Spirits utterance of sin was found. 9. Be ye therefore considerate, be tender, be ye pitiful, be ye kind, not to your own kind alone, but to every creature which is within your care, for ye are to them as gods, to whom they look in their need. Be ye slow to anger for many sin in anger which they repented of, when their anger was past. 10. AND there was a man whose hand was withered and he came to Iesus and said, Lord, I was a mason seeking sustenance by my hands, I beseech thee restore to me my health that I may not beg for food with shame. And Iesus healed him, saying There is a house made without hands, seek that thou mayest dwell therein.

LECTION 19. 2 -There are two versions given of the Lord's Prayer, this one, the fullest, being given to the Twelve and their companions, and a shorter form afterwards to the people in his Sermon on the Mount.

v. 5, 6 -An ancient saying, long lost to the Church. The all-pervading nature of Deity seems plainly taught, which, in a recently recovered fragment, is obscure.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I agreed with that a good bit. I am not one who is big on prayer because the father already knows what you need. Thus there is no real reason to ask. I had mentioned this before in another thread about prayer.

"But when ye are gathered together, and pray in common, use not vain repetitions, for your heavenly Parent knoweth what things ye have need of before ye ask them. After this manner therefore pray ye:"

I can't comment to much on the Lord's Prayer. I don't keep any version of it, nor do I pray with other people. Not that I disagree with what it says, just that I personally still see it as a vain repetition. Don't think it really hurts, and is maybe a good reminder of the things mentioned. But I don't do that personally, and haven't been asked to do anything like that either.

I think Prayer is more for the person. More of an acknowledgment of something with that person. In which case the person is asking/seeking and that is the real power of the prayer IMO. Putting an effort towards something etc. Because it's already known what you need.

I like that it points out what is needed is already known. I don't see people do that often.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Again, I agree. But...my point I guess should of been more directive>

These set of gospels focus not only on the masculinity of God but yet also the nurturing mother image>twine in one.

Just as our body complex is of the dust (our mother image) who gives us food, water, wind, shelter ect....the spirit complex gives us our intuitions, vibrations, energies, ect.....

The part that resonated with me was taking the father/mother part as mabey something Jesus really would of taught. Whatcha think about that? Do you think its possible that Jesus could of taught us about the father/mother instead of the strict masculinity only of God.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Some of my favorites are from Section 4 of the writings, Lections 31-40

I would love to pull snips from each section but in all honesty I think the entire section needs to be read so its not out of context. There are great parables and messages for one to understand.

Below is a link to directly read all of Lection 31-40 on one page-PLS READ

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Again, I agree. But...my point I guess should of been more directive>

These set of gospels focus not only on the masculinity of God but yet also the nurturing mother image>twine in one.

Just as our body complex is of the dust (our mother image) who gives us food, water, wind, shelter ect....the spirit complex gives us our intuitions, vibrations, energies, ect.....

The part that resonated with me was taking the father/mother part as mabey something Jesus really would of taught. Whatcha think about that? Do you think its possible that Jesus could of taught us about the father/mother instead of the strict masculinity only of God.

I don't think he would have. I suppose it's possible. For me it's all about what understanding it reveals.

Let me start by saying that god is neither male nor female. Calling "him" the father and male is just a personification. I'm guessing mostly done to feed the ego's of men at the time, and we relate that personification based on ourselves. So to me it is the same thing if someone calls god mother or father. Probably understood, but wanted to get that out of the way.

The reason I am going to have to say no is the same thing I disagree with "new agers" on. New agers see the universe and all of creation as god. And I think that is not true.

The father is pure consciousness. Consciousness creates logic, logic can not create consciousness. If you look it says - in the beginining there was only the word. I take that to mean like programming, or like logic. The word is the logic that creates the universe. Same as the words one types in a program creates that program.

So to equate creation itself as being part of god I think is inherently false. It's a difference between the thinker(god) and the thought(creation). That which observes, and that which is observed. etc.

However. Where I can see some understanding would be in the same manner as the 2 births.

John 3

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Where as the mother could be considered the birth of the flesh etc, and the father the birth of the soul. It seems to me this is along the lines you are thinking of? Let me know if this is correct and I'll continue on.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Along those lines yeah....I think you might be closer to it with the 'logic' of god though tying into this idea more then you might think.

Consider what we call the 'Holy Spirit'. Often, even in the Bible, this holy spirit is talked of as a 'she'. In these particular gospels, it seem that this Holy Spirit is the comforter, divine wisdom....and mother.

Here is a snip from Lection 72

10. They that love me not keep not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the All-Parent’s who sent me. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, who is my Mother, Holy Wisdom, whom the Father will send in my name, she shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Do you see where there is a logic (consciousness) and a comforter (wisdom) both twined in one? Does that make more sense?

Im enjoying the convo....thanks for pondering with me...I think there is alot of interesting things in these gospels but also, there is some things I totally disregard.

My best,
LV

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hmmm, I don't know. I will have to think on this a bit. In 1 moment I want to agree, in the next moment I see where it is calling creation itself as the holy spirit, and that starts to get into duality and good vs evil. And then of course, there is beyond duality and so forth.

I've had 3 replies thus far, and ended up erasing them as the more I typed the more I didn't like where it was going.

Meaning, you are either getting to the level where evil has it's reason and purpose. And that is getting on a slippery slope while still in "school".

I think the issue with me is I have no problems with seeing the holy spirit as the mother. In function, it is the sharing of wisdom and understanding of the father. I believe this is what you meant by the logic part, correct me if I'm wrong. It is comforting and I can see it being given a female personification.

When I experienced this, no labels were given at all. Neither the holy spirit or mother. That is not how the father gives, he just gives the understanding itself. That is something we can not do, we can only express the understandings.

As well, we might have to take into account the times. The role of the woman then, vs today. I personally see women as equals. But I wouldn't call the logic of god as being equal to god. But in those times, the woman played a more servant type role, a lesser status. And I'm not sure if I agree with that, I see woman as equals. So a bit of static there for me.

But, I am unsure about calling the earth and such the holy spirit and so forth. And that is where we get into the part about good vs evil, as that is what we are here to learn. And so the earth itself provides that. Of course, when it's over we will be better for it. But again this is getting on a slippery slope. I'll have to think about it a bit.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Hmmm, I don't know. I will have to think on this a bit. In 1 moment I want to agree, in the next moment I see where it is calling creation itself as the holy spirit, and that starts to get into duality and good vs evil. And then of course, there is beyond duality and so forth.

I've had 3 replies thus far, and ended up erasing them as the more I typed the more I didn't like where it was going.

Meaning, you are either getting to the level where evil has it's reason and purpose. And that is getting on a slippery slope while still in "school".

I think the issue with me is I have no problems with seeing the holy spirit as the mother. In function, it is the sharing of wisdom and understanding of the father. I believe this is what you meant by the logic part, correct me if I'm wrong. It is comforting and I can see it being given a female personification.

When I experienced this, no labels were given at all. Neither the holy spirit or mother. That is not how the father gives, he just gives the understanding itself. That is something we can not do, we can only express the understandings.

As well, we might have to take into account the times. The role of the woman then, vs today. I personally see women as equals. But I wouldn't call the logic of god as being equal to god. But in those times, the woman played a more servant type role, a lesser status. And I'm not sure if I agree with that, I see woman as equals. So a bit of static there for me.

But, I am unsure about calling the earth and such the holy spirit and so forth. And that is where we get into the part about good vs evil, as that is what we are here to learn. And so the earth itself provides that. Of course, when it's over we will be better for it. But again this is getting on a slippery slope. I'll have to think about it a bit.

I agree, when we start to brake it down with human language, such as 'female' 'male' we start that moment to distort the understanding. I know what you mean when rewriting posts, wanting to be careful with how we word what we are trying to convey in a spiritual thought.

What if the things that we see as the literal Earth are only a cause and effect that will always happen and has always happened. Instead of God 'wishing' or 'wanting' to make or emanate physical realms with time and order....it was a natural process of Thee. In Genesis there is a interesting word used when 'God creates'. Im going on memory here, so forgive me not posting a link or something....the word for 'create' was translated from the Hebrew word of 'bara'. Bara also is translated as the 'fat' or 'filler' of the animals that were sacrificed in the OT a couple of different times. I am not saying this is correct by any means but I feel there is more truth there in that translation then what is given. To use 'bara' as a 'filler' or 'to fatten' could we be seeing there that 'God filled or fattened the heavens and the Earth'. Would it not be natural is creation is a cause and effect that results in experiences of separation of the Spirit of Life that there would result duality, naturally. I think we could be seeing more natural order here in some of these verses moreso then what one may realize. With emanation, comes physical (what seems to be physical) life....with this also comes death, how can there be death without sorrow, so there is a natural order for duality is there not?

I am just bouncing thoughts off to ya...neither right nor wrong I claim.

Could the 'Spirit' 'Comforter' be the light within that we feel?

Could this 'Spirit' consciously gave itself (the great offering of thee self) for 'filling' or 'fattening' of the heavens and Earth. Is the Christ the counterpart of this consciousness giving itself, being the groom awaiting the bride (ya know the parables Im sure). What if those parables about a wedding are more deep then most can imagine. Would this process not then involve an awakening...to thee self, of thee self?

You dont have to answer all of that, I know its out there and deep...sometimes its good to have a sound board.

I realized when I reread my post I should of noted that the word for God in the phrase I paraphrased in Genesis was Elohim. I note that because I see Elohim and Yahweh distinguished from each other and Yahweh is not used in that phrase....so could it be that 'The Elohim filled/fattened the heavens (plural) and the Earth.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

subsequent investigations into the claims of these individuals produced nothing to substantiate their stories. Biblical scholars do not consider the Szekely or Ousely writings as authentic.[

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but these books have been found to have absolutely no historical proof that they even existed before these guys "translated" them.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_man24

subsequent investigations into the claims of these individuals produced nothing to substantiate their stories. Biblical scholars do not consider the Szekely or Ousely writings as authentic.[

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but these books have been found to have absolutely no historical proof that they even existed before these guys "translated" them.

Its not bad news for me, I went on the hunt last yr trying to find a picture or something of these originals Tibetan' Gospels and came up with nothing but the story of a God loving man who had preached God's word his whole life and a family who supported him in his story and what he did. I had to do alot of sifting with my spirit but to be honest, I think the Holy Spirit was already preparing me to read such a gospel, without given proof.....because I am telling ya right now, these writings are amazing.

So I see two choices...mabey there really are some gospels in Tibet that he got to read and he could of copied for the most part OR mabey this is Ousely's own divine channeled wisdom that came to him through his humbled path of seeking. Either way, I feel truths in them. Either way, my spirit was open and was lifted. Either way, I think the message of these gospels was something my spirit was waiting for. I think they are going to be a stepping stone for many to know, divine wisdom is still able to reach us. The Bible is not the only book that holds divine teachings of love, faith and hope. The message in these gospels does not stand alone, there are other writings and wisdom elsewhere that come from the same nature (such as showing equal respect to male and female and putting a END to blood sacrifices as something that can rid sin). These gospels open the mind to know our consciousness and spirit are discerning tools, instruments, to get to know God and becomes a part of the Divine Order of Life.

All I know is that last yr around spring time was the ending and a new beginning for me. 2 Yrs prior to last spring I began to feel guidance. You could read every one of my posts I ever wrote and see my path the last 2 to 3 yrs ended up changing so many thoughts about God and our connection with Thee. Last yr, my guidance was pretty much telling me, now, practice what you have discovered. I began living very much for others and I felt a strong urge to fast from meats for a while. In this practice of cleansing my body, I come across the Nazarene Way website. This site has many many things to read and it was all right up my alley for a more humbled look at faith and purpose. I find it NO coincidence that my mothers NDE came after we began reading these gospels together and being so inspired by them in MANY ways. I can only say, I felt as if angels were right there with us as we read them and studied together. We both agreed together, we are to live for others. We both wished for the world that the world could be shown something great to let them know, we are worthy and loved beyond what a humans concept of love can imagine. Out of the blue, my mother went into the hospital and almost died. ON that day, she saw visions for 9 hours. She walked with Michael and Jesus. I can only say, wisdom comes in many forms. I can only say that I know now.....it may not come with proof that some desire or need. It is up to the spirit within you to sift it and discern it.

I take NO writings or teachings as absolute, because they have to come through the consciousness of man before they get written. I now dont really care who wrote them because I know there is wisdom in them through my discerning spirit. There is a message there at the Nazarene Way site that the world needs and I believe many are looking for. So many people are turning away from the Bible because they see its imperfections and they STOP seeking. This was the boat I was in for a few years of my life but I never lost faith. I can tell you other experiences that have shown me, there is a connection to this spiritual world. The information has not stopped coming through and I think a true seeker discerns everything with its own most humbled nature that it can accomplish. Age may have alot to do with this, for there are certain lessons in life one personality may need in order to be truly humbled while seeking. My humble lesson came through caring for my mother full time. Our paths met in a place we never perceived. We could either embrace it as a opportunity to learn or allow it to darken our hearts beasue the lesson came with hardships.

Sorry for the rambles, but its hard to explain why I think it is not that important that we know exactly where these 'thoughts' come from. They are obviously thoughts of someone, it took a man to write them. Ousley did go to Tibet and other places and did do alot of studying in that land. I can only say, read them and study his story and discern for yourself if there could not be any great wisdom in these writings. If you believe whole heartily the Bible is perfect....then you can totally disregard my whole posts. It does take a open mind for the spirit to come and guide the spirit within.

If you actually decide to check them out or have your own thoughts about any of the teachings....then I would love to discuss any thoughts you have or feelings or may feel. Again, I find wisdom in many places...I realize many people dont do this and that is also ok wiht me. Each to their own truly. What one needs to learn might be different then what another is in need of.

My best to you and yours
LV

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So here is some info about Rev. Ouseley....

The Nazarene Way of Essenic Studies Biography: Rev. Gideon Jasper Richard Ouseley M.A. 1835 - 1906 Translator of the Gospel of the Holy Twelve. The Rev. Gideon Jasper Richard Ouseley was born in Lisbon on the 15th October, 1835, the younger son of Sir Ralph Ouseley, K.C.B., brought over to Ireland on the death of his father, 14th May, 1842, by relatives, and educated in Dublin University, in which he graduated in 1858. On the 9th of December, 1906 he passed away in his seventy-second year. See 1904 signature He was ordained as a clergyman of the Established Church by the Bishop of Down and Connor, and appointed Curate of Warren- point, Co. Down in 1861.He did not long remain in a Church in which he found himself to be in a false position; and in 1870, having voluntarily renounced all eating of flesh, strong drink and tobacco as inconsistent with the humanity and the true religion of Christ, as taught by Him and His apostles, he was received as a priest of the Catholic Apostolic Church. Before his reception into the Catholic Church, he fully explained to the Prior his views and beliefs—which on no account would he abandon. The Prior said he did not find in that which he expressed anything contrary to the faith of the Catholic Church. “Why then,” asked the Rev. Ouseley, “does not the Church teach it?” To which the Prior replied, “You are not at liberty to say it is the teaching of the Catholic Church, but you are free to believe and hold your views as a pious opinion.” It was in such circumstances that he sought to propagate his beliefs. His desire was to saturate and transmute the Church’s own formularies with the true teaching of Christ and His Humanitarianism. He set about revising the formularies in place of concealing them. While he was not a sectarian and hated to be dubbed as such, he would work with all true reformers and good men who would try to bring the people into ways of righteousness and raise them out of their barbarous habits of flesh-eating, strong drinking, and cruelty of every sort and kind. He considered that “the direct cause of poverty, bad health and social misery was due to flesh-eating, alcoholic drinking and tobacco smoking”. He saw in their abolition “the only effectual means of the world’s redemption, whether as regards men themselves or the animals”. “The true and proper food for man was that which Mother Earth brought forth in plenty for the sustenance of her children”. He founded the Order of At-one-ment and United Templars Society, having for its motto: “One God, one Religion, various names, various forms.” Its object was to bring about a reconciliation of opposing ideas, things, persons, and systems; at-one-ing the human with the Divine, and man with God; by the Spirit of Christ within the soul. On account of his views, the personal relationship between the reformer and his Church became strained; which led, in the first instance, to the Rev. Ouseley being suspended, and later to his being, literally, cast out of the Church. His views being called “Anti-Christian.” This because, believing that he had been called to undertake this important mission, he set about to present to the world the hidden text “The Gospel of the Holy Twelve,” the Christian Dispensation pieced together from the most ancient and complete collection of Christian fragments, preserved in one of the Monasteries of the Buddhist monks in Thibet, where it was hidden by some of the Essene community for safety from the hands of the Corrupters and for the first time to be translated from the Aramaic. It was a translation of an original Aramaic document purporting to be a reconstruction and revision of the Gospel narrative. Also because the contents of this most ancient Gospel set forth a higher moral and religious teaching, as the basis of the Christian Church, than any other that has come down to us, requires but the reading of eyes divested of prejudice, and the perception of a regenerate heart, and intelligent mind, to receive and appreciate that the Rev. Ouseley was undaunted in proclaiming the true religion of Christ. One thing is unquestionable, he could not unaided by some Power higher than and above that of his normal intellect, have written this Gospel, and that such Power was of a Divine nature, is manifest from its contents. At the end of the Gospel are the words: “Glory be to God by Whose Power and help it has been written.” It must not on this account be assumed that the original of which this Gospel is claimed to be a translation is of greater historical value than are the Four Gospels— none of which is historical in the sense commonly supposed—the object of all being to portray “the divine drama of the Spiritual history of man”—that is, of the Soul. But this Gospel has the advantage over the others in that it escaped the hands of the “Correctors” and “Corrupters” from which they suffered. In 1905, he wrote to a friend, “I have finished my work and my destiny awaits me. They are ready to receive me”. On the 9th of December, 1906 he passed away in his seventy-second year. A notice of him appeared in “Light” (5th and 12th January, 1907): “And now may he rest in peace with the knowledge that his life of self-sacrifice for Truth and Humanity—a life without ambition for any worldly honour or desire for any worldly gain—was not lived in vain, for “Where Mercy, Love and Pity dwell, There God is dwelling too.”

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The main page for the Nazarene Way is here...

The said origins of the gospels of the holy twelve are here...

The Legend of a lost gospel is here...

Some interesting testimonies of some early Christians is here...

People will just have to discern it for themselves and the message that is within. Which is why I have asked for others to join me in reading them to get feedback about them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join