It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So UK, who will you be voting for on june 4th?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Why is BNP your first choice, what is it you agree with?
The negative factors of the BNP's policies are addressed in the thread below, here is a quote from one of the posts in it:

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by Cythraul
Blupblup, we've seen eye-to-eye in several other threads and I'm convinced that you're a smart person. What I'd love is if you'd respond and let me know the substantiated things that cause you to despise the BNP. I'm really struggling to see the 'racism', 'fascism' and 'idiocy' so many people talk about. I'm anti-racist and I used to march against Capitalism, so I'm not exactly any kind of extremist - just an average Brit who wants common sense politics and the preservation of my cultural heritage.
[edit on 18/5/2009 by Cythraul]

Apart from the documentaries, video footage and other media clips and quotes that I've seen and read, showing these "people" in their true light you mean?

The BNP are the acceptable face of racism in the UK.... as you've said, we;ve agreed on other things in other threads....and i thought you to be pretty intelligent and clued-up..

How can you not see the BNP for what they truly are?

I mean...i know it's subtle but man.... can you not see the issues in this, taken from their own website?

we call for an immediate halt to all further immigration, the immediate deportation of criminal and illegal immigrants, and the introduction of a system of voluntary resettlement whereby those immigrants who are legally here will be afforded the opportunity to return to their lands of ethnic origin assisted by a generous financial incentives both for individuals and for the countries in question.

FOREIGN AID - time to spend our money on our own people! We reject the idea that Britain must forever be obliged to subsidise the incompetence and corruption of Third World states by supplying them with financial aid. We will link foreign aid with our voluntary resettlement policy, whereby those nations taking significant numbers of people back to their homelands will need cash to help absorb those returning.

From wikipedia

The British National Party (BNP) is a far-right and whites-only political party in the United Kingdom.

According to its constitution, the BNP is "committed to stemming and reversing the tide of non-white immigration and to restoring, by legal changes, negotiation and consent the overwhelmingly white makeup of the British population that existed in Britain prior to 1948."The BNP also proposes "firm but voluntary incentives for immigrants and their descendants to return home."

It advocates the repeal of all anti-discrimination legislation, and restricts party membership to "indigenous British ethnic groups deriving from the class of ‘Indigenous Caucasian’". The BNP also accepts white immigrants that are assimilated into one of those ethnicities

Historically, under John Tyndall's leadership, the BNP was overtly anti-Semitic; however, under the current leadership of Nick Griffin, the BNP has focused on criticism of Islam. The party has said that it does not consider the Jewish, Hindu or Sikh religions to have a significantly detrimental or threatening effect, although it does not accept practising Sikhs or Hindus as culturally or ethnically British. The party does however have members with Jewish ancestry. The BNP has been known to work with extremist Hindu and Sikh groups opposing Islam, and has actively tried to win Jewish votes. The BNP is rebuked and ostracised by mainstream politicians, and the party has been strongly criticised by Labour Prime Minister Gordon Brown,former Labour Prime Minister Tony Blair, Conservative Party leader David Cameron and former Liberal Democrats leader Sir Menzies Campbell.

Source

There are literally hundreds of articles and videos and to be honest...
If i even have to tell you that the BNP are racist.... then I'm probably just banging my head against a wall huh?

source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

the policys i agree with are; The EU, Defence and forgein affairs.

thats why they are my first choice but i am still learning about over partys so i could change my mind. I admit i need to do a lot more reading on other partys.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Britain is a Anglo-Saxon state, it's historic population being thus.

Well, if you were going that far back....you could go earlier, btw, you are excluding a hell of alot of british people, including many whites from what you deem to be british by that. You may want to brush up on your british history.

the Anglo Saxons arrived in approx 410 AD, who were germanic tribes:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001

the policys i agree with are; The EU, Defence and forgein affairs.

thats why they are my first choice but i am still learning about over partys so i could change my mind. I admit i need to do a lot more reading on other partys.

Please take the time to re=read through the whole thread, you may find some of the comments by the other contributers useful. Stumason has linked to a party called English democrats who seem to share your values.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

great video thanks

i always enjoy a history lesson

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

That was a clip of a documentary by eddie izzard called Mongrel Nation, the others are just as interesting, this was just the anglo saxons clip

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

With such "Political correctness" you deserve the country your bound to be handed.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

With such "Political correctness" you deserve the country your bound to be handed.

You made a statement that was incorrect, i was correcting you, not politically but factually.

Being American, you are probably unaware of our true history as i'm sure the focus would primarily be on you own country when taught history at school.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I watched the below episode of questiontime the night it was aired, it was being held 20 miles from where i live. The topic was the expenses scandal that is currently being investigated. I have to admit i did get some satisfaction watching the panel squirm as they answered questions from the audience. It does show the lack of faith we have in our current MP's:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I checked out the English Democrats. They seem reasonable, about time England was given some priority. In my opinion Great Britain the U.K should be disbanded. The Welsh, Scottish and Irish were all forced into this union in the first place, let it die i say..

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

We need to do away with the anomalie that Scottish, Irish and Welsh MP's can vote on strictly English matters yet we only have limited say on their internal issues.
We need an English assembly or Parliament.

But we are far stronger together and total disolution of The Union would be detrimental to all of us.
We should concentrate on that which unites us rather than that which seperates us whilst retaining and being proud of our National identities.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
How about the Internet Parallel Government Forum.

A collective decision-making body in cyberspace that debates and votes on legislation in parallel with, at the same time or just before Parliament.

To debate and vote, you must register with proof that you're entitled to vote (over 18) in a UK election.

Actual members of parliament could be encouraged to join and participate in the discussion.

People could even elect IPGF representatives (?), at some stage, but maybe not as permanent members of internet parliament if they then stop debating or some other reason. There could be seperate chat rooms for group meetings and so forth which contained PDFs of arguments and evidence for particular views.

Voting would be by secret electronic ballot.

With many hundreds of thousands of citizens, it's influence could only rise.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

Haha, indeed
. Although an Agent Provacateur would be someone clandestine, whereas I have been forthcoming about my affiliations. Just trying to spread the word!

reply to post by Freeborn

The English Democrats do not want to see the Union dissolved, just a fairer deal for all concerned, not just the Scots and Welsh. This could range from an English only sitting in westminster. to a Council of Isles Federation of even full independence for each nation, although the latter is probably the least favourable, especially for the Scots and Welsh.

The Scots were not forced into anything. They joined of their own volition whilst England had a Scottish King on the throne.

For a country that claims to have had such a rough ride, they've actually enjoyed a disproportionate amount of influence within the Union since they merged with England in 1707.

It's only fair that England gets given at least the same rights as the Scots enjoy now. As it stands, the largest of the Home Nations can have laws imposed upon it by MP's from the smaller nations, while not being able to do the same in reverse.

What we need is independant Parliaments for each nation dealing with internal affairs, then have a Union executive pf some kind for dealing with Foreign affairs for all Nations combined. Just like the old days

Please, for the love of all things good, do not right of elections as a choice between "the same old crap". There is choice out there and has been for some time, it's just people don't look beyond the big three so that culture of ignorance needs changing.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

You are aware the failed trading port of Panama is what caused Scotland to go bankrupt? England repaid the debts in exchange for Union.

The Scottish inability to handle finance (oh the irony! Royal Bank of Scotland 2009) effectively lead to the Scottish government pleading for financial assistance from England. The English Parliament offered finance and the chance of Empire too, within Great Britain. The rest, they say, is history...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Please remember that UKIP is paid for by the conservative party, which, by the way, is the only party so far, to answer my emails, the Greens, the LIBDEMs, Labour, [I did not email UKIP, did not see any point.] have not, after a week of waiting, even bothered to acknowledge my emails, let alone an answer, so BNP is the only 'protest' vote left, Perhaps my questions were just too testical, like why they thought less than 1% of the atmosphere [CO2] can have such a huge effect on the rest of the atmosphere, I also asked their thoughts on the temperature graph issued by the Brit. Met. office showing a global temperature DROP since the year 2000, yep, all very technical, way above their heads, or perhaps they think I'm a super computer??
Self serving money grabbers all.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Since i started this thread there has been more and more things that have come to light regarding members of parliament, and eurpean parliament and the expenses fiasco every day. This as most will be aware by now has been an issue with all parties, and it has left the public feeling very angry and disillusioned with the political system, so much so that most people who would have normally voted are either refusing to vote or using their vote as a protest vote. As the ballots are tomorrow, i was wondering how many of you will actually be voting tomorrow despite or even due to the events that have unfolded over the past few weeks. Today as definately been a blow for Mr Brown as more and more of his cabinet have announced they are to quit.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh, you can guarantee that I'll be voting. English Dem's all the way! I've also been asked by the Council to be a Counting Agent too, just to make sure all is above board

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me if someone won yet?

Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

Only two councils have declared in the local elections, the Lib Dems won Bristol and the Tories won Central Bedfordshire, with Labour losing most of the seats they contested.

As for the EU Parliament elections, results won't be out until Sunday/Monday when the rest of the EU has voted.

See here for up to date info on the elections...

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I voted Liberal Democrats , it's not because of the expenses that I didn't vote Labour , it was the Iraq war that put paid to them ever getting my vote again . Apparantly Brown is going to hold an inquiry into that crime to appease these backbenchers after his blood . What a dossier of lies , disinfo and cover up's that will turn out to be .

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join