It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So UK, who will you be voting for on june 4th?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I live in the uk, I won't be voting.

I believe in change, real change, it could even come from within the system, however your vote at this time will only change who gets to be the mouthpiece, not what will actually happen.

If you really want to vote help educate people to what is really happening in the world around them.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
I'm from the UK and voted only once when i was 18...never, ever again, especially as the NWO agenda plays out.

I am now proud to say i'm a political atheist.

Voting is just a spectacle to make people believe they are contributing to democracy, which died the very day pen was put to paper empowering not 'the people' but the elite who rule within.

My reasons to question voting/democracy:

1. Bush got into power...not once but twice!!!!
2. Obama came from nowhere and Ron Paul was chastised by the MSM as the elections drew nearer.
3. Brown hasn't faced any kind of election or referendum, so why in God's name is he in office.
4. 2million people protested in London against Iraq invasion; fat lot of good that did.
5. Finally, the awesome research done by Bev Harris, an housewife who exposed the software hacking they did for polling station machines. Overview video here. (Bev's site here).

If i was forced to vote with a gun to my head, i'd vote Green party.

you know, this is getting common - already - how many more wasted votes are there - maybe thats a NWO tactic

answer to number 3 is the same as the case with john major and thatcher - you vote for the party not the person - again - be wise with your choices. My biggest wish would be to find a party that would solve our problems, but we need to know the bad and the good in order to eliminate the fakes - i say again, lets air the concerns and find out what and how they plan on making our country great again - wasted votes - fair enough if you don't know what your talking about - just a shame and another nail in the coffin if you do and still choose to waste it.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The vote is wasted whether you use it or not.

It's not apathy that makes me feel that way, its merely an observation based on previous events.

The trick isn't to choose what kind of bat is used to beat you, wood or metal, but to stand up and say no I won't take any more beatings.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

I'm not going to attempt to sway anyone elses point of view - but i have stated mine on wasted votes, 2 posts above. It depends on why your not voting whether it is wasted or not.

I personally think your logic is flawed - you have no voice at all if you don't vote but have an opinion, it's not proving anything just to me shows just how many votes are thrown away and to be honest they probably don't want you too - if your not going to vote for the main 2 then they aren't going to try to persuade you vote - it will just goes against them if you do and so i'm sure they would rather you not vote than help get a smaller party into the house. Its all about seats as i've said before.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
MCoG1980, i admirer your optimism, i really do

However, if you look at the crap that's happened in the last few years, even the last few months with bail outs, it's just so blatant how g'ments are protecting the corporate elite. They don't give two hoots what the common person does, thinks or votes.

Wars are fought on foreign soil as it's just a logistics game for the likes of D.Cheney and HaliBurton Inc to line their pockets. Invade and blow stuff up, then tender bids to Western companies to rebuild infrastructures with massive profits....oh and the oil ofcourse

They're not even sorry about the expense scandal that's been going on since 2004; they're only sorry they got caught with their fingers in the till. The speaker of the house then trying to bring charges for leaking info...a bloody joke.

In fact i was hoping, just hoping, that one party would show that not one member had claimed expenses. I'd vote for that party in a heartbeat regardless of their policies, but alas i fear that would be wishful thinking.

Any vote, and i mean any vote, is just a not worth the petrol to drive to the polling station.

Decisions are made by higher powers and the puppets are just a front for the sheeple.

This sounds all doom 'n gloom but please view the uTube video link in my signature. I believe we can become a collective through machine-human interface and no centralised power will ever get their filthy mits on that 'democracy'.

p.s. A no-vote is NOT a wasted vote. I choose to abstain and for good reason. Imagine if every single person didn't vote, they'd still come up with numbers to appease the people and show how great our democracy is. IT'S ALL AN ILLUSION!

Edit: They probably want to make you feel that your vote is important just so you need to register on the electoral register. I'm not on their list and the best quote from a fellow ATS'er to explain my actions is:

"Fly above or below the radar, but never on it."

If you haven't seen this video, then it just shows how corrupt those elected truly are.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

Thanks for your explanation and the video too - what crocks :shk:

i am truly shocked people, we are not happy right? We want things to get better, yes? Doing nothing will not get you to that point, if you think voting is pointless, what do you suggest we do? I think we NEED to get a party in we can trust - hence why i was hoping a 'Peoples Party' for the people by the people would be formed. Truth is then, we don't care enough. Maybe i have it all wrong
i thought that the seats that the councils get make up the majority in the house - just imagine if, and i know i'm dreamin here, a 'peoples party' got into every council in the country - not likely, but if it did - what could they do about it then. Wouldn't that be like overthrowin the government legally? am i just really, really naive - please be honest - i am starting to loses faith in our nation.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yeah.... it seems most think that a vote cast is a vote wasted.
I have often agreed and in a way, still do.
I usually have voted Lib Dems or Green party in the past, but that's just as a big a waste as not voting....as It's only gonna be Labour or the Tories that get in.

We (ATS members) need to pick a party or independent candidate who we like the sound of and like the policies and all vote for for them.

The way the system is set up.... only either of the two main parties will ever win.....we should start our own party.

And the PTB afford us the purely symbolic, participatory act of voting.
And we're all happy....YAY.

I dunno.... who should we vote for....if at all?

[edit on 14/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980

Thanks for your explanation and the video too - what crocks :shk:

i am truly shocked people, we are not happy right? We want things to get better, yes? Doing nothing will not get you to that point, if you think voting is pointless, what do you suggest we do? I think we NEED to get a party in we can trust - hence why i was hoping a 'Peoples Party' for the people by the people would be formed. Truth is then, we don't care enough. Maybe i have it all wrong
i thought that the seats that the councils get make up the majority in the house - just imagine if, and i know i'm dreamin here, a 'peoples party' got into every council in the country - not likely, but if it did - what could they do about it then. Wouldn't that be like overthrowin the government legally? am i just really, really naive - please be honest - i am starting to loses faith in our nation.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

You are sadly just dreaming, no one but one of the major two parties will ever win under the current system, even the Lib Dems the supposed third option are still a waste of a vote on a national level, and they've been trying to become main stream for decades now, voting for UKiP or BNP (dear god why would you vote for the BNP) is a complete waste of time, voting for a small fringe people party even more of a waste of time, all you do by voting for non mainstream parties is give the mainstream parties the information they need to know what face to show you next time elections roll around.

Why would you want to overthrow the government legally, the system does not work, look at the mess the world is in, democracy of this sort is a failed experiment, we as a society need to start looking at other social models once again and try and find a way of moving forward into the future, not just stagnating in the crap we find ourselves in today.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

We (ATS members) need to pick a party or independent candidate who we like the sound of and like the policies and all vote for for them.

The way the system is set up.... only either of the two main parties will ever win.....we should start our own party.

Oh yeah...can see it now blupster, the 'ATS' party - bring it on

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
First off, let may say shame on the OP. Your 28ys old and you don't understand the basic principals of the political parties in the u.k.
Honestly is it any wonder Britain is the way it is.
Let me shorthand the two main parties for you.
Labour = big business, big waste of public finances on awful initiatives to help the dregs of society...
Tories = big business, big waste of public finances on awful initiatives to help the rich get richer...
So there you have it, in the coming months the media will make you vote conservative at the general election, even if you vote labour it wont matter as the elites have decided that its time for the tories. Welcome to modern democracy, of coarse there's always X factor, i hear Jade's corpse is auditioning this year.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ill be voting UKIP or BNP I havent decided yet I voted UKIP last time in the Europeans and in my area they won.

In my opinion Labour have ruined this country and anyone who voted or votes for them should hang there heads...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by buckaroo

Why would you vote BNP?

Don't buy into their propaganda man.... seriously.
They are just a racist party.... they shouldn't even be a party.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badfuture
First off, let may say shame on the OP. Your 28ys old and you don't understand the basic principals of the political parties in the u.k.
Honestly is it any wonder Britain is the way it is.

Erm, would you rather have me voted blindly in the past - that is what i think is half the Uk's problem. People who vote a certain way because their 'family' always have, ie true blues ect. Or people who cannot be bothered?? Or don't care .....Honestly, is it any wonder britain is the way it is? I wrestled with the thought of voting and promised myself i wouldn't until i knew enough about what was involved not just in the UK but in Europe too - if that means i don't vote til i'm 28, so beit

Let me shorthand the two main parties for you.
Labour = big business, big waste of public finances on awful initiatives to help the dregs of society...
Tories = big business, big waste of public finances on awful initiatives to help the rich get richer...
So there you have it, in the coming months the media will make you vote conservative at the general election, even if you vote labour it wont matter as the elites have decided that its time for the tories. Welcome to modern democracy, of coarse there's always X factor, i hear Jade's corpse is auditioning this year.

Apart from the last remark being quite sick and unnecessary, i do know what you are saying, but just turning a blind eye to it all is no better is it?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A possible solution to voting...

The whole point to the problems we face is the power that has been given to the likes of Rothschild, Rockefeller & Royalty blood lines centuries ago.

This power evolves towards their overall quest for centralised power. Setting up global cartels like the FED & BoE, is just another rib on their skeletal plan; they want to be the backbone of global governance and monetary control. Why? Well that's debatable. Perhaps they want to suck our blood or use us as batteries like in the Matrix.

It seems that lately there is so much change in legislation that it becomes apparent the laws are written by the elite. Copyright for example, has been taken to the extreme. France has now (as of tuesday this week) legislated a 3 strikes and you're out rule. If you are caught downloading then you are banned for 1 year and STILL have to pay your ISP broadband. I fear that the UK may follow suit.

The *IAA's of US have managed to change the legal structure and is just a soupçon of the insidious power the elites have over the judicial process.

So what's the solution?

Well i propose disbanding parliament or at least decentralising power. Let each council be the governance of that county. Even better yet, create publicly limited companies which handle the budgets local to each council. If they screw up, then there could be a management buy-out or they go into liquidation and a new company takes the reigns.

Each local constituent company then has their own website where people can suggest changes for their community. People then vote on these issues and each person is allocated a PIN number so they can see their vote on a list but still remain anonymous.

This should be done anyway at polling stations. Once you vote, you see the tally for that party go up by one, but it's all hidden away in software, so question why that is the case.

Voting is just a way for g'ments to make people believe they are making a difference. Those figures have already been crunched way before an election is called.

The generic infrastructure should be handled by the newer parliament in London as that's all they should do and nothing more. They would manage the roads from road tax income, hospitals from national insurance contributions, etc where each fund goes towards that task. At the moment road tax, petrol duty goes into the Treasury pot, which the g'ment then allocates for MP's expenses, black-ops, wars, etc.

The whole point in this dissemination of power is to encourage competition. If Newcastle pilots a new scheme that people love, then other council companies will soon follow suit, much like any new embryonic product bought to market; others will soon follow by making the same product 10% cheaper, faster, better. The product evolves as the people are voting by buying the product.

Anyway, the above is fluffy and idealistic, but one thing for sure i do know: the trend towards centralised power and monetary mismanagement is dangerous.

In summary, no fat f**k bearocrat in London should never, ever tell a farmer how to milk his cows in Cornwall.

Regards
PoS

[edit on 14-5-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sounds like you have really given that some serious thought - I think thats a great idea, and you are so right with the last comment you made R.E. the farmer in cornwall. Fluffy idea or not, it's one that offers a solution to the current system.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Do you know what you are voting for?

Reading some comments here people seem to misunderstand why they are voting.

1. On the 4th June we are voting in the European elections, choosing which candidates will represent the UK in Europe.

10 good reasons to vote

2. Many people are also voting in local elections for
27 English shire counties
2 existing unitary authorities
5 new unitary authorities
This will not change who is in the house of commons.

But when a general election is held then you need to think who may win because the house of commons decides how the money is allocated.
They tend to be more generous to councils of the same party.
So if the conservatives win the next general election and your county council is conservative then they will receive more funding.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That doesn't sound like a bad idea, Prisoner. I do feel that the system is in need of a shake up. At the very least, the house of lords needs removing. We're still under the thumb of the monarchy and associated powers/families. Doesn't seem like democracy to me.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
i too have been agonising over voting this time round.

my thoughts have mainly been veering towards voting for UKIP in the european elections. mostly because i feel that participating/joining the EU is damaging to our country and this may well be the closest we shall get to a referendum on the subject.

but i have to agree with people here, that the entire system is rotten to the core and and the voting system is that core.
the elections have already been decided, the rest is just window dressing to soothe the outraged public beast.

or maybe this could be another idea? just throwing the thought into the mix:
Reclaiming Our Sovereignty
Once again, we have reached a crossroads in our history. We are confronted with an enemy that would destroy our nation and its people. We have some hard decisions to make - each of us, individually. Are you prepared to make them?

The British Constitution Group’s call for Lawful Rebellion now moves up a notch and our campaign ‘Wanted – 1 million rebellious Britons’ has commenced, to be formally declared at our conference in London on the 13th June.

If you share our ambition to take back control of our country, then we need your commitment and attendance at this conference, at which we will outline our strategy to build our campaign into a force to be reckoned with.

There is a national mood for rebellion shared by patriots the length and breadth of the country. This must be harnessed under a single campaign with carefully defined objectives in order to win the war to claim back our sovereign right to govern ourselves.

more at link: www.ukcolumn.org...

and: www.thebcgroup.org.uk...

i realise this isn't new on the boards, it just seemed to fit this discussion. thoughts?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The forthcoming election is highly significant as it is *probably* the event that will clearly demonstrate the swing from the 3 big parties to "fringe" parties such as the Greens, BNP and UKIP.

The BNP and UKIP represent the means to demonstrate the frustration that many Britons feel regarding "Identity". Charges of racism are often thrown at the BNP, however, it is a misrepresentation of the general malaise caused by the lack of proper immigration control and social infrastructure to deal *COMPARED* with the treatments received by Britons (whether white or black).

Radicalisation born of frustration.

Throwing around the phrase "racist" as a panacea against all radicals does not help to identify the real problems in our society or provide solutions. This is not to say that the BNP is "right", simply that it is a good social barometer of the underlying feelings of frustration that many people feel.

Are we to say that all of these people are wrong and that they are just "racists"? That is an absurd suggestion.

The isolationism pursued by UKIP is also a demonstration of frustration born of loss of identity, in this case, that of the creeping claw of the European Union grasping at what are perceived as National and Sovereign matters (Euronation?).

The BNP and UKIP are important for all socially aware people, not because of the actions they would take if in power, but because of the index to the feelings of the nation they represent. If we were all satisfied with life do you think that they would hold the sway in local politics that they do?

I have spent much time in Europe and see the damage that the homogenisation of societies has done. I have seen it in Germany, in France, in the Netherlands and especially in the UK, buttressed as we are by American and European attitudes. All nations are faced with an extinction of their identity, watered down by the massive increase in cross cultural politics played out the social experiments of the last 15 or so years.

I don't agree with many of the policies of the BNP and UKIP, but I appreciate them being there to provide the message of discontent that many Britons feel, no matter their creed or colour. We may not want to give in to the besieged mentality, but we can be under no illusion that the blind acceptance of cultural relativism and its meaning for society has called forth a barbarian of diluted identity at the gates.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Firstly, try not to listen to people like Andy1033, as he is somewhat paranoid about almost everything to the point where he believes the Police are out to "get him".

Any vote rigging that has taken place in recent history has been dealt with rather harshly, with people being sent ot prison for it. Having said that, there is almost no vote rigging taking place in UK politics. I myself have been asked by my party to be present at the count to ensure that it is fair and transparent.

As for my vote, it will be for the English Democrats. I'm a paid up Party member and believe they are a clean break from the usual suspects of Red/Blue. Take the time to look into them as they are amongst a group of emerging political parties that do offer a credible choice.

As for the earlier comment on giving up Party politics, I might point out that technically Parliament does not recognise parties as such and when you vote, you should be voting for the candidate, not the party he/she is a member of. When they get to Parliament, they are supposed to represent ALL constituents, not just those who voted for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join