It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Reunions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just wondering if any of you went to any of your high school reunion and if so, how'd it go?

I went to my 15 year, yeah odd year, I know. They didn't even have a 20 year.
I'm telling my age now...

Anyway, I went to the 15 yr and it was fun. we had about 50 people show up, should've been a whole lot more.

It was nice seeing some friends and some others I didn't know that well and catching up.

How was yours?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I went to my 10 year reunion in September of 2007. It was very nice and upscale. A pleasant experience.

I have always been very shy so anyone I talked to had to approach me first. Even my husband teased me a bit for being so shy but I can't help it. The main thing I didn't like is that only a few from 'my group' in high school were there (the drama club, debate team, etc.). 90% of the people who attended were the jocks or cheerleaders so I ignored those people.

So I basically kept a low profile talking with old friends and only those who approached me. There were about 150 people there if I had to guess. Don't plan on going to the next one but I did want to go to the ten year one.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I would never - ever - suffer myself to go to one. High School was a complete nightmare for me, in every sense of the word.

My family was poor, my clothes were ragged. I grew my hair long, and the teachers looked at me with distrust. I had a teacher come up to me out of the blue in the 10th grade and tell me, something to the effect of, 'you look like the kind of a-hole whose looking to start trouble.'

This sort of behavior - from a teacher! - has soured me on the school system forever. I was stunned, speechless, wanted to cry but knew I couldn't.

The fights, the bullying, the constant anxiety. I get the chills to even drive past my old high school these days.

I eventually dropped out in the tenth grade. I was a good student, exceptionally bright as my homeroom teacher in 9th grade put it. But I was also constantly in trouble, whether it be for fighting or drugs or what have you.

If I ever have a family of my own, I will certainly fight for them to be homeschooled. Perhaps their experience with the school system would be vastly different from my own, but based on my personal experience it's enough to turn me off for life.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't think I could go to mine.
That was sooo many lifetimes ago and I have grown so much that the old version of me doesn't even exist anymore.
I use a different name now and have very little contact with anyone from my past.
I think it should stay that way.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'll have to let you know about mine...

My 20 year one is in July....hadn't gone to any others.
It's fairly upscale (and pricey), so not sure how many will be there...

Will be neat to see them though...

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone
I never got an invitation for mine, not that I would go. I had very few friends in high school.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

I went. The best part was while I was at the bar getting my wife and I a drink this douche bag that I could not stand (and who didn't like me either) from when we went to school was hitting on my wife. When she told him who she was with he was unpleasantly surprised.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I bet he was even more unpleasantly surprised when you tazed him and loaded him into your van.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I bet he was even more unpleasantly surprised when you tazed him and loaded him into your van.

She always wanted her own Gimp.

Happy wife, happy life.

top topics

join